Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by Lupara »

Slumpy wrote:Thanks Lupara. Any idea if he's made?
Emphasizing on idea not fact, I don't think he is.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Laurentian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:46 am Vittorio Mirarchi is already considered to be likely the next godfather of the Montreal Mafia by Montreal police.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/1 ... -de-prison
English translation:

Predicted as the next godfather of the Montreal mafia in police circles, a protégé of the boss Raynald Desjardins resumed his freedom yesterday, after six years in the shadows.
The Journal has learned that Vittorio Mirarchi left the prison of Saint-Jerome, where he was incarcerated for plotting the murder of the aspiring sponsor Salvatore Montagna, murdered to avenge an attempted murder on Desjardins while they were trying to take the control of the mafia.
Mirarchi was apprehended on December 20, 2011 by the SQ at the same time as Desjardins, whom he affectionately nicknamed "The Old Man". Their text messages were being spied on by the police while they were preparing the crime.
Part of the $ 300,000 in various currencies that the police found at Mirarchi's condo in 2011.
PHOTO COURTESY
Part of the $ 300,000 in various currencies that the police found at Mirarchi's condo in 2011.
The influential 40-year-old mafioso was sentenced to nine years, five years less than his "main associate".
"This is the next godfather", we have several sources of police about this Quebecker with Calabrian origins.
"Coke" and submarines
The one that Desjardins called "Pizz" according to them would have the potential and the means to take the helm of an Italian mafia in rout and without a real leader in recent years.
Mirarchi was suspected by the RCMP to be a prolific cocaine importer in 2011, although he was never charged with such a crime.
According to court documents from the Clemenza investigation project, "the Mirarchi organization" reportedly imported more than one ton of cocaine from millions of dollars that year.
According to the evidence, the network had contacts to transport drugs between Colombia and Mexico in submarines, in the manner of the late boss Pablo Escobar.
Quebec truckers were reportedly sent to the Los Angeles area to pick up some 20 shipments.
Mirarchi was already being held for murder when the RCMP arrested 58 alleged traffickers - including well-known Mafiosi like Liborio Cuntrera and Marco Pizzi - in the investigation.
As many as 49 of them were released from the charges earlier this year, largely thanks to a judicial victory of the lawyers paid by Mirarchi.
To prepare his defense while charged with murder, Mirarchi wanted to force the Crown to disclose to him how the RCMP had watched his 16 BlackBerrys. The Court has proved him right.
Rather than "burning" this investigative technique, the Crown preferred to negotiate guilty pleas on a reduced charge with Mirarchi and his accomplices, while most of the defendants in Clemenza were granted a stay of proceedings.
The SQ had discovered two safes buried in the ground outside Mirarchi's residence in Sainte-Adèle.
PHOTO COURTESY
The SQ had discovered two safes buried in the ground outside Mirarchi's residence in Sainte-Adèle.
" It depends... "
The police, however, are not sure Mirarchi is interested in the throne of deceased godfathers Vic Cotroni and Vito Rizzuto.
"If so, everything will depend on its ability to be accepted by the Sicilians and do business with the Rizzuto clan, not to mention the Hells Angels, who control the territory of drug sales," according to our sources.
- With the collaboration of Félix Séguin, of the Investigation Bureau
♦ Vittorio Mirarchi regains his freedom while the older brother of his mentor, Jacques Desjardins, has mysteriously disappeared since the end of October. The police can not dismiss the thesis that it is an act of reprisal against his clan.
WHO IS VITTORIO MIRARCHI
♦ Suspected by the RCMP of being a prolific cocaine importer, he was employed as a sales representative in a roofing company from 2006 to 2011
♦ Arrested on December 20, 2011 for the murder of mafioso Salvatore Montagna
♦ He and his family have vainly offered $ 3.6 million to the court to obtain his bail in 2012
♦ He was convicted of conspiracy for murder in the spring of 2016
♦ He was sentenced to nine years in September 2017 and had already served the equivalent of 103 months in jail, since Canadian courts consider that each day spent in remand is worth one and a half years
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Montreal Mafia status - Post Rizzuto Era

Post by dixiemafia »

Lupara wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:19 ambut I doubt he has wide enough support and experience to be accepted as the new godfather. I think he has more change of getting killed but then again what do I know...
Agreed. No way he comes out and becomes godfather in Montreal. Everyone knows he is Desjardins' guy. Like you said he is more than likely to catch a bullet if anything...
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Here is an interview of mine regarding the 2017 status of the Hells Angels in Québec, and as well the Montréal Mafia.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/1 ... lls-angels
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

I'm reading Yves Lavigne's Hells Angels trilogy right now and I can't believe how little things have changed in Quebec since the 90's in terms of the biker issue.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Slumpy wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:02 am I'm reading Yves Lavigne's Hells Angels trilogy right now and I can't believe how little things have changed in Quebec since the 90's in terms of the biker issue.
You are right. Nothing that much has changed despite numerous (and failed) investigations on them. Today they are still there : bigger and more entranched in the Québec landscape. At some point, they can even furnish the mafia with some dope!
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

They are strong because they have one leader while the Mafia has not.

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Laurentian wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:46 am Vittorio Mirarchi is already considered to be likely the next godfather of the Montreal Mafia by Montreal police.

http://www.journaldemontreal.com/2017/1 ... -de-prison
If he's not made like others have said in this thread how is he even a remote possibility to be Boss!?! I'm so confused.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

You have made a good point. Unfortunately, I can't offer you any evidence that he is a made man or not. I have to rely to police intelligence in that regard. Police and informants can only confirm that evidence. Although Mirarchi is a young man with a few experience into the leadership of an organization like Montréal, I have to take into account that the man has developed considerable knowledge and how-to-do things in this jungle which is the underworld. His father, Antonio, who died years ago, had lot of connections with the Montréal mafia. The only incertitude that I have with him is about his capacity to be "listenned" and be respected by his peers. In the long term, we will see how things develop and if Montréal Police was right about Mirarchi accession to the top job.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

From what I can remember of Business or Blood Vittorio was one if Raynald's main guys. He def knows his way around that world no doubt but he sided with Raynald over mafiosi so I have to think he isn't made. It would be an incomprehensible leap to go from civilian to Boss.

Was Vittorio the guy Raynald used to spy on Montagna??
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

I don't know Johnny, I thought there was no way Leonardo Rizzuto went from lawyer to co-boss and he damn sure done it. I don't know either way on Mirarchi being made, but I know there is no way he goes to the top because there is no way the Rizzuto side accepts him. They would rather die.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

dixiemafia wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 pm I don't know Johnny, I thought there was no way Leonardo Rizzuto went from lawyer to co-boss and he damn sure done it. I don't know either way on Mirarchi being made, but I know there is no way he goes to the top because there is no way the Rizzuto side accepts him. They would rather die.
Dixie don't count yourself short IF before all this went own you knew Leonardo was made and that Nick Sr, Vito and Nick Jr would be killed pure logic would lead you to Leonardo. No one on the outside (us) knew he was on the inside (made) until he was the boss.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

Lupara wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2017 11:08 am They are strong because they have one leader while the Mafia has not.
Who is their leader?

I know nothing about Canada LCN or not.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

johnny_scootch wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 7:43 am From what I can remember of Business or Blood Vittorio was one if Raynald's main guys. He def knows his way around that world no doubt but he sided with Raynald over mafiosi so I have to think he isn't made. It would be an incomprehensible leap to go from civilian to Boss.

Was Vittorio the guy Raynald used to spy on Montagna??
Operation Clemenza tapes revealed that Mirarchi has succeeded to clone a cell phone being used by a Montagna guy. I think it is safe to assume that Desjardins could count not only on Mirarchi but on others to spy on Montagna's mouvements.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

dixiemafia wrote: Sat Dec 30, 2017 2:38 pm I don't know Johnny, I thought there was no way Leonardo Rizzuto went from lawyer to co-boss and he damn sure done it. I don't know either way on Mirarchi being made, but I know there is no way he goes to the top because there is no way the Rizzuto side accepts him. They would rather die.
Keep in mind that Mirarchi is a Calabrese and very faithful to his late father. And Desjardins on his side was a fearless man ready to do anything to overthrow the Rizzutos, with, we can assume with the backing of his brother-in-law, Giuseppe Di Maulo.

Speaking of Di Maulo, his daugther, Milena, will release next month an autobiography of her father and the Cotroni family. Milena was married to Francesco Jr., son of the late Frank Cotroni Sr. And Cotroni Sr. was the godfather of Milena.

So we can see that Raynald Desjardins was and has been a faithful to the Di Maulos and Cotronis throughout his criminal life.