New Mob Talks

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

willychichi
Full Patched

Re: New Mob Talks

Post by willychichi »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:09 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 1:07 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 am The ‘East Coast Enterprise’ was purely a construction for the Feds to grab headlines in my opinion.
And if the case goes south, Merlino can be charged again with the exact same crimes under the "Philadelphia LCN enterprise" as opposed to the "East Coast LCN."
Now THAT is criminal.
+1
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:39 am The ‘East Coast Enterprise’ was purely a construction for the Feds to grab headlines in my opinion.
And if the case goes south, Merlino can be charged again with the exact same crimes under the "Philadelphia LCN enterprise" as opposed to the "East Coast LCN."
Sounds like Double Jeopardy...do these judges have no say?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:33 pm
The double jeopardy defense has failed in the past when stuff like that happened. I think it was the Family Secrets trial (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) where the feds used a plea deal that one of the guys took in the 90s and charged him with the exact same crimes next time around. Except in the 90s, the guy pleaded guilty to committing the crimes on behalf of a certain crew, and in the Family Secrets he was charged with committing them on behalf of the entire Outfit.
Also if we're talking about RICO loopholes, what about when Little Allie Boy Persico was found guilty of murder as a predicate act but walked free because you need to be found guilty of two predicate acts to get a RICO conviction?
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

It wasn't the exact same crimes but they used those crimes to prove that they were part of a conspiracy. That allowed them to include them in a RICO case where certain crimes carry a heavier weight.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Snakes wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 pm It wasn't the exact same crimes but they used those crimes to prove that they were part of a conspiracy. That allowed them to include them in a RICO case where certain crimes carry a heavier weight.
Thanks Snakes, I think they mentioned that in a recent Mob Talk as well.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:10 pm
Fughedaboutit wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2017 4:33 pm
The double jeopardy defense has failed in the past when stuff like that happened. I think it was the Family Secrets trial (someone will correct me if I'm wrong) where the feds used a plea deal that one of the guys took in the 90s and charged him with the exact same crimes next time around. Except in the 90s, the guy pleaded guilty to committing the crimes on behalf of a certain crew, and in the Family Secrets he was charged with committing them on behalf of the entire Outfit.
Also if we're talking about RICO loopholes, what about when Little Allie Boy Persico was found guilty of murder as a predicate act but walked free because you need to be found guilty of two predicate acts to get a RICO conviction?
Sounds like some federal dirty tricks...but with all the shit going on with informants and everything else, nothing surprises me anymore with these federal tools.
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

what is the date for Merlino's RICO trial?
dack2001
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by dack2001 »

Technically he can't be charged again under Rico for the same offenses if these charges are found to be not proven. He could be charged with the individual crimes again. Unlikely because Rico makes things easier for the feds, not harder. Murder and Merlino seems to be when they consider doing that.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

ypu would think theyd have more class then to do that bs.id imagine for a lawyer tho the second case they could pretty much go over all evidence and also the fact that thebchsrges were lost once should have a effect on the jury.

except in Philly they havent had a great trial record.

really... mpst the major cases they have had last few years have all prrtty much been nothing major. there hasnt even been any major turncoats really.

im looking forward to the lucchese trial tho... that should be hood
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Skinny Joey was indicted two different times for the Sodano hit. First time it was a part of the big Philly LCN indictment that took down Joey & his Admin and then the second time in the early 2000s out of Newark he was solely indicted for the Sodano hit.
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 am ypu would think theyd have more class then to do that bs.id imagine for a lawyer tho the second case they could pretty much go over all evidence and also the fact that thebchsrges were lost once should have a effect on the jury.

really... mpst the major cases they have had last few years have all prrtty much been nothing major. there hasnt even been any major turncoats really.

The feds....and class? lol

They are dirty as hell
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:11 am ypu would think theyd have more class then to do that bs.id imagine for a lawyer tho the second case they could pretty much go over all evidence and also the fact that thebchsrges were lost once should have a effect on the jury.

THE Feds won the philly trial , if I am not mistaken ligambi was held with out bail for duration the trial . Sounds like a win to me even though he beat the case , they kept a mob boss off the street for a year plus
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Doesnt that year count as future time should he be done again?
I remember reading that Asaro’s time he did whilst awaiting Lufthansa will count against his recent conviction.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm Doesnt that year count as future time should he be done again?
I remember reading that Asaro’s time he did whilst awaiting Lufthansa will count against his recent conviction.
no
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Stroccos wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:58 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:19 pm Doesnt that year count as future time should he be done again?
no
Yes.
“Whatever prison sentence Asaro gets will have about two years immediately deducted to account for his jail time while awaiting trial on the Lufthansa case.”
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.