Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

yatescj7781
Straightened out

Re: Mikey Mancuso running Bonannos from prison.

Post by yatescj7781 »

gohnjotti wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:57 pm
yatescj7781 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:59 pm I thought Frankie Boy Salerno was the nephew Mancuso made to pass along messages and whatnot.
It seems that Ernie Aiello & Tommy Garbage were used as messengers from 2009ish to 2013 when Aiello was indicted w/ the Santora crew. Frankie Boy Salerno (another cousin) was inducted in 2014/2015 to "legitimize" his position as a messenger apparently.
Thanks. I didn't know Aiello was a cousin, thought he was more with the Brooklyn/Santoro faction than the Bronx guys. He related to Ace?
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

yatescj7781 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 11:06 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:57 pm
yatescj7781 wrote: Fri Dec 22, 2017 6:59 pm I thought Frankie Boy Salerno was the nephew Mancuso made to pass along messages and whatnot.
It seems that Ernie Aiello & Tommy Garbage were used as messengers from 2009ish to 2013 when Aiello was indicted w/ the Santora crew. Frankie Boy Salerno (another cousin) was inducted in 2014/2015 to "legitimize" his position as a messenger apparently.
Thanks. I didn't know Aiello was a cousin, thought he was more with the Brooklyn/Santoro faction than the Bronx guys. He related to Ace?
I don't know about the Ace relation, haven't seen anything about it. Possible though. And yes, Aiello is primarily a Bronx guy but he reported to Nicky Santora of Brooklyn for a bizarre reason. Some have suggested that it's because there's nothing left in the Bronx to report to but the Bronx-based leadership is supposedly trying to induct a whole lot of Bronx guys to fix that issue, since most of them went to prison in the early 2000s.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I'm not an expert or anything, but Bonannos are interesting to me (thanks to some of the discussions from B. and JD), and based off my limited knowledge, I would think it would make more sense for Aiello to have been running one of the Bronx crews.

Another thing, would this indicate that Santora is aligned with Mancuso? We know that there was support for Cammarano, and there are logical guesses as to who some of those guys may be. But what about Mancuso? Badalamenti was another guy aligned with him, and based in Brooklyn like Santora. Palazzolo is obviously another one, the Spirito's most likely as well.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Chucky wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:15 am I'm not an expert or anything, but Bonannos are interesting to me (thanks to some of the discussions from B. and JD), and based off my limited knowledge, I would think it would make more sense for Aiello to have been running one of the Bronx crews.

Another thing, would this indicate that Santora is aligned with Mancuso? We know that there was support for Cammarano, and there are logical guesses as to who some of those guys may be. But what about Mancuso? Badalamenti was another guy aligned with him, and based in Brooklyn like Santora. Palazzolo is obviously another one, the Spirito's most likely as well.
Vito Grimaldi backs his son in law Cammarano. Someone posted somewhere that the Grimaldi-Cammarano faction weren't happy with the previous leadership setup,but wanted a peaceful solution. They got that when Cammarano was named Underboss and acting boss.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Frank wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 pm
Chucky wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 10:15 am I'm not an expert or anything, but Bonannos are interesting to me (thanks to some of the discussions from B. and JD), and based off my limited knowledge, I would think it would make more sense for Aiello to have been running one of the Bronx crews.

Vito Grimaldi backs his son in law Cammarano. Someone posted somewhere that the Grimaldi-Cammarano faction weren't happy with the previous leadership setup,but wanted a peaceful solution. They got that when Cammarano was named Underboss and acting boss.
The Probation Department locking up Palazzolo was the only reason it was peaceful according to the Feds but that could just be them blowing their own horn. I guess we'll never know.

Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Or maybe when Mancuso is released there might be some tension.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yep, I posted a long thing about it not long ago, but to me the Santora indictment pointed toward Santora having some kind of acting admin / panel position, which is why he had two (or more) acting captains reporting to him. We know from the tapes that Badamo was running Santora's crew, but I didn't see anything pointing to Aiello running any part of Santora's crew. Aiello as has been said is a Bronx-based Mancuso relative, so seems more likely he'd be acting for a Bronx crew.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Frank wrote: Sat Dec 23, 2017 12:00 pm

Yes, the two Grimaldis (who are both capos) naturally supported Cammarano and, by extension, the Zips as well. Vito had been previously described as a foremost adviser to the Sicilians and had a lot of sway in the family's administration. I think Asaro crew(s) probably supported Cammarano as well because the crews used to mingle a lot in the past (Cammarano frequently hung out at the same social clubs as them, as mentioned when he was kicked out of a union local in the 90s). Ronnie G and his acting capo Mike Padavona were spotted at, I think, all the Cammarano meetings. As well as this, apparently Vinny Asaro was also very influential with the Zips because he spoke fluent Sicilian or something.

Some of the other attendees at Cammarano's "curry for power" meetings were:
Capo Joseph DeSimone - Don't know much about his crew.
Capo/Snitch Peter Lovaglio - Staten Island based, anyone know who took over his crew?
Capo Anthony Pipitone - Brooklyn(?) up-and-comer, runs the old Knickerbocker Avenue crew I think?
Capo Joseph Sabella - Bronx-based, possibly took over the Bronx crew when John Palazzolo was upped to street boss. I don't know why he was consorting with the enemy considering he should have been on Palazzolo's side. Also interestingly, he wasn't seen at any of Palazzolo's meetings.
Capo Jerry Chilli - Longtime Florida capo. Apprently was very powerful.
Capo John Sciremammano - Also seen at many Palazzolo meetings. My theory is that he is the capo of Frankie Boy Salerno, Mancuso's prison emissary. The two are both Long Island guys and Salerno was recently arrested for dealing coke, and I think Sciremammano has a few cocaine convictions. This would explain why Sciremammano attended meetings on both sides.
Capo/Acting Capo John Zancocchio - Was acting in March, upped to official capo later by September. Possibly upped due to Anthony Graziano's official demotion, Zancocchio had been acting for Graziano for years.
Acting Capo Anthony Vaccaro - Don't know which crew he's from.
Acting Capo Anthony Fasitta - Don't know.
Acting Capo Vincenzo Masi - Don't know.
Acting Capo Al Armetta - Don't know.
Acting Capo Natale Mule - Don't know.
Soldier - Steven DeSimone - Joe D's grandson.
Soldier Joseph Giddio - Elderly Florida guy, previously unknown before he showed up with Jerry Chilli.
Notable guys missing:
Anyone from Nicky Santora's crew (unless one of the acting capos was for Santora's guys).
Anyone from Vinny Badalamenti's crew.

At the one Palazzolo meeting documented on March 22, 2015, five days before Palazzolo was arrested, consigliere Tony Rabito attended (after meeting with the Cammarano guys earlier in the day) as was Frankie Boy Salerno, who had recently driven back from the Danbury prison where Mikey Mancuso was located. John Sciremammano attended, as did two Bronx soldiers (Enzo Stagno and Patty Maiorino).
Also, for some reason, acting capo Vinny Caroleo attended. I hardly know anything about Caroleo, but his brother is reportedly a member, and his father (who is dead now) was too. In 2017, Big Bobby Attanasio - former capo of his brother's crew who spent 10 years for hiding a body - was caught having over 300 phone calls with Caroleo, who owned a auto repair shop in Charleston, S.I. This could be a connection between Caroleo and the Attanasio crew, which is now the Badalamenti crew. Perhaps Caroleo is that crew's acting capo.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

was Palazzolo going against Camaranno ? or was he against Mancuso?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 12:59 am was Palazzolo going against Camaranno ? or was he against Mancuso?
Palazzolo was Mancuso's choice for acting street boss after the arrests of ruling panel members Vinny Asaro and Tommy DiFiore. Palazzolo was a Bronx guy, just like Mancuso, and loyal to him. But Palazzolo was on supervised release and also old and sick, and unpopular with the majority of the family's capos. From December 2014 to March 2015, Cammarano rallied most of the family's capos in various meetings across Queens to organize a rebellion, until Palazzolo was imprisoned for probation violations and Cammarano took over bloodlessly, although the Probation Department claims that if Palazzolo were not arrested, there would be an "internecine family war."

Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

From what you are stating , it seems if there was gonna be an internecine family war , that Cammarano seems to have taken over the family ousting pallazollo and mancuso ?? Joseph sabella was photographed at the Christmas party and he is a bronx based capo of what was the basciano crew so there doesn’t seem to be anamosity between the two factions ?? This is confusing
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hailbritain wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:40 am From what you are stating , it seems if there was gonna be an internecine family war , that Cammarano seems to have taken over the family ousting pallazollo and mancuso ?? Joseph sabella was photographed at the Christmas party and he is a bronx based capo of what was the basciano crew so there doesn’t seem to be anamosity between the two factions ?? This is confusing
Here is what Probation Department officer Robert Anton said about Palazzolo's March arrest; "At the time," an "internecine war was brewing" between factions loyal to Palazzolo and Cammarano for control of the family. "As a result of Palazzolo's incarceration," wrote Anton, the threat of violence dissipated and Cammarano, 56, "assumed control of the Family's day to day criminal activities."

gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Hailbritain wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 2:40 am From what you are stating , it seems if there was gonna be an internecine family war , that Cammarano seems to have taken over the family ousting pallazollo and mancuso ?? Joseph sabella was photographed at the Christmas party and he is a bronx based capo of what was the basciano crew so there doesn’t seem to be anamosity between the two factions ?? This is confusing
Of course I have no idea what Sabella's stand was. He was a Bronx capo but was only seen attending Cammarano's power-play meetings, and wasn't seen at Palazzolo's own March 22 meeting. He was also seen later after Palazzolo's arrest at Cammarano's Christmas party and the September meeting. So perhaps he was an emissary for Palazzolo, perhaps he was actually against Palazzolo, perhaps there are two crews in the Bronx. I don't know and there has been no speculation or comment by anyone in-the-know.
All we know is he is a Bronx faction capo who attended all of Cammarano's meetings, and wasn't seen with Palazzolo. Take that how you will. The Probation Department didn't actually give much in the way of actual facts or details, just detailing who was at the meeting to justify a VOSR charge.

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

capeci also wrote about the possible internecine war (after palazolo was arrested i should add). i do remmember it being the probation dept tho that originally said this.... what they have anything to do w OC knowledge.... lol, i dont know
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

gohnjotti wrote: Sun Dec 24, 2017 4:11 am
Here is what Probation Department officer Robert Anton said about Palazzolo's March arrest; "At the time," an "internecine war was brewing" between factions loyal to Palazzolo and Cammarano for control of the family. "As a result of Palazzolo's incarceration," wrote Anton, the threat of violence dissipated and Cammarano, 56, "assumed control of the Family's day to day criminal activities."
So maybe Cammarano is official boss ??? And mancuso isn’t official boss despite what others state . I know a lot of people on the boards state that they think mancuso is just a figurehead taking the pressure off the real bosses , surely Cammarano fighting Palazzolo for control means he was also fighting mancuso ??