JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Sol
Admin

Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Sol »

JD, lets be frank with each other. No need to hold back, I've said many times on here, nothing said on here could ever rattle me. I'm interested in what made you feel the need to post that I'm a bais admin? This goes for everyone, I'm interested in what everyone thinks and would like to hear everyones opinion on this. Wiseguy, B., FOH, Chris, Antilier, JCB, AG, Rocco, felice, williechichi, Lupara, Phat, Chucky, Pete, JerryB, UTC, Joeycigars, Jimmyb, sdeitche, Scott22, Bruno187, Charlie, and everyone else here at the Black Hand, Snakes, HK also, you are all welcome to speak your mind if you think I'm bais. Pogo and all the old posts from the RD, you think I'd pull a Tommy and pic duo here with bronx and bring down this entire forum, for the sake of my ego or just for the hell of it?......Soliai
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

If we are throwing out names that could be the real boss besides Cali who right now is the boss, what about Danny Marino he has alot of power in the Family even before John Gambino. JoJo Corazzo has alot of power too. But for right now I have to go with the known facts about Cali being the current Acting Boss of the Gambino Family. Maybe the speculation should center around who is the current Underboss and Consigliere.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Speaking for myself - and I've actually said this several times - I don't think it's impossible that local guys in a given area may hear things from time to time. And I don't think anyone has a problem with them posting it.

The problems start with...

1. As Pogo said, when somebody acts like they've "heard" something but have simply just gleaned the info from one or more public sources and then act like they heard it on the street (with just enough of a twist or change in phrasing to make it seem like their own). Those from the RD forum will recall a poster named Frank C who was notorious for this. And I can't count how many times some have used the term "I heard..." (perhaps innocently at times) when it was really a case of something they read.

2. When guys, who may hear things from time to time, don't have the self-control to keep what they actually heard seperate from their personal opinions and speculations. It all gets lumped together in one and the guy expects it all to be taken with equal weight. And in fact, those who want so much to feel they have some source on the ground, will take anything the guy says at face value. We all remember the Pic debacle.

3. When people start actually believing anyone who's posting on an internet forum is in a position to be generally more informed than the feds or a well-known and proven journalist like Capeci. Fortunately, we dont see this as much as we did 10 years ago. But we do still see plenty of examples where, even though we already have the info from the feds and/or a guy like Capeci, some think they've figured out what the real situation is. Steve Crea being the "real" Lucchese boss (not Amuso), John Gambino being the "real" Gambino boss (not just on a 3 man panel), and Michael Mancuso not being the "real" Bonanno boss are some of the more recent examples. Those of us who've been around long enough can't help be reminded of when some were claiming Nick Corozzo was "real" Gambino boss years ago.
All roads lead to New York.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

o.k. i confess, i take it back .from what i now hear john gambino didn't die..i got bad hearing. what a mess because one clown on here can't stand i bury him in info, even Felice agrees with me now...so if we come on and state what we may know or hear is highly questionable..right? so whay dont just wait for the fbi and capeci to tell us and we don't need soliai and this forum or others.. im not payng capeci ill just go to kew gardens and know on the fbi's door..ill get back to you when they let me know about cosa nostra biz around the country..Soliai ,imagine you are trying to defend yourself? how nuts is that..i said this before ,if i know something i say it , if i don;t then i stay mute..also if guys keep an open mind and not be envious they just may learn things.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Soliai wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:36 pm JD, lets be frank with each other. No need to hold back, I've said many times on here, nothing said on here could ever rattle me. I'm interested in what made you feel the need to post that I'm a bais admin? This goes for everyone, I'm interested in what everyone thinks and would like to hear everyones opinion on this. Wiseguy, B., FOH, Chris, Antilier, JCB, AG, Rocco, felice, williechichi, Lupara, Phat, Chucky, Pete, JerryB, UTC, Joeycigars, Jimmyb, sdeitche, Scott22, Bruno187, Charlie, and everyone else here at the Black Hand, Snakes, HK also, you are all welcome to speak your mind if you think I'm bais. Pogo and all the old posts from the RD, you think I'd pull a Tommy and pic duo here with bronx and bring down this entire forum, for the sake of my ego or just for the hell of it?......Soliai
What am i ?? A fuckin mirage 😂😂
Slumpy
Straightened out

Post by Slumpy »

I think it would be helpful if more people were willing to concede that none of us really knows anything and that anything we might think we know, could be proven wrong tomorrow. At the end of the day it really shouldn't bother people what others' choose to believe. You have no control over it, so there's no sense worrying about what misinformation someone may take as truth. Nobody should be afraid of being wrong because the nature of the mafia is obviously drenched in mystery, so there's really no sense in touting most bits of information as incontrovertible truths. For how many years did many people believe without any shadow of a doubt that the Bonannos were finished in Canada? Just one example.

As to "bias" among mods/admins here, I've not seen it. I don't post much, but I do read pretty well everything.
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

Soliai wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:06 pm what do I or this forum have gain by being bias towards Bronx?......Soliai
That's a good question Soliai. I wish I knew the answer myself. But this guy made an insulting post towards Pogo and you respond with the equivalent of 'I'm so sorry he's mean to you, please ignore him it's all we can do', like Pogo's just some troll poster that has to be tolerated. That's bullshit and worth calling out, that's all. Also, even though that's what made me even post about this yet again, I wasn't referring to you specifically or I would have said admin, not mod. I'm referring to the newest mod who's starting to let his political disagreements with Pogo and others show in posts made elsewhere on the forum. It's only just starting, hence the need to bring it up now so it's in the open and doesn't happen again. This is the last worthwhile OC forum and to keep it going requires pointing these things out sometimes.

And yes, 'that's seriously it' when determining whether to write off some anonymous internet street guy as not believable. A researcher might get details wrong, misinterpret documents or just not have certain information available. A guy claiming to have personal knowledge of high level Family details going back to the 1920s shouldn't be afforded that kind of leeway. They either know things or they don't, and in this case they didn't know what should have been something very basic for anyone with even a tenth of the 'street talk' this poster claims to have access to. Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never said felice is full of shit. He's one of the best posters on this forum. That doesn't mean I'm going to take his vouching for someone as the final word on someone's credibility.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

not so much unfortunately,anyway we can probably (99%) add Salvatore Lombardo as Gambino soldier.
In november 2012 he went to sicily to get a letter stating he could have been released to the Gambino's due the fact he was already on the record with the Montelepre family even if he has been living in the Usa for 23 years (2012). Letter should have been easy to get due the fact his blood family has always ruled the Montelepre family but there was some problems with the mandamento so there were some meetings about it.
Lombardo got the letter before he left for the Usa on dec 7 2012 and was probably made in the following months
Lombardo stated he has been living in the Usa for 23 years and that for those 23 years he has been on the record with a madeguy there. Talking to a guy he says he has a crew but it sucks that when there are some meetings he's not allowed to take part of them because he's not made so his word is never the last one.
asked about why he didn't come to sicily recently he said he has previously arrested 2 times. Last time he was with two madeguys and police found a gun with silencer in the car
Confederate
Full Patched

Post by Confederate »

JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm
Soliai wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:06 pm what do I or this forum have gain by being bias towards Bronx?......Soliai
That's a good question Soliai. I wish I knew the answer myself. But this guy made an insulting post towards Pogo and you respond with the equivalent of 'I'm so sorry he's mean to you, please ignore him it's all we can do', like Pogo's just some troll poster that has to be tolerated. That's bullshit and worth calling out, that's all. Also, even though that's what made me even post about this yet again, I wasn't referring to you specifically or I would have said admin, not mod. I'm referring to the newest mod who's starting to let his political disagreements with Pogo and others show in posts made elsewhere on the forum. It's only just starting, hence the need to bring it up now so it's in the open and doesn't happen again. This is the last worthwhile OC forum and to keep it going requires pointing these things out sometimes.

And yes, 'that's seriously it' when determining whether to write off some anonymous internet street guy as not believable. A researcher might get details wrong, misinterpret documents or just not have certain information available. A guy claiming to have personal knowledge of high level Family details going back to the 1920s shouldn't be afforded that kind of leeway. They either know things or they don't, and in this case they didn't know what should have been something very basic for anyone with even a tenth of the 'street talk' this poster claims to have access to. Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never said felice is full of shit. He's one of the best posters on this forum. That doesn't mean I'm going to take his vouching for someone as the final word on someone's credibility.
Yes, and the "NEWEST MOD" you are talking about that lets his Political bias show against certain posters in other threads is "SNAKES".
" Everything Woke turns to shit".
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Lupara »

Confederate wrote:
JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm

Yes, and the "NEWEST MOD" you are talking about that lets his Political bias show against certain posters in other threads is "SNAKES".
Lol, you act like nobody knew who this newest mod is...

Speaking of which, whatever happened to FiveFelonies?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never said felice is full of shit. He's one of the best posters on this forum. That doesn't mean I'm going to take his vouching for someone as the final word on someone's credibility.
My intent wasnt to put words in your mouth. My intent was to illustrate that in basing your conclusions about bronx, you're giving a single disagreement about an acting capo (who came from another crew) as more weight than arguably the best poster here's word that bronx is aware of things that are simply not available on the net or book.

Objectively I think one position is far superior to the other.
Confederate wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:02 pm Yes, and the "NEWEST MOD" you are talking about that lets his Political bias show against certain posters in other threads is "SNAKES".
Are you people fucking serious?
We're shitting on Snakes now? The most patient, objective, apolitical and neutral poster here by a country mile is now biased and political?

Alot of posters here need a good hard look in the mirror.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
stevan tod
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by stevan tod »

I agree with Sonny.Snakes is good guy.I owe him a lot too..
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:
JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:26 pm Also, don't put words in my mouth, I never said felice is full of shit. He's one of the best posters on this forum. That doesn't mean I'm going to take his vouching for someone as the final word on someone's credibility.
My intent wasnt to put words in your mouth. My intent was to illustrate that in basing your conclusions about bronx, you're giving a single disagreement about an acting capo (who came from another crew) as more weight than arguably the best poster here's word that bronx is aware of things that are simply not available on the net or book.

Objectively I think one position is far superior to the other.
Confederate wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 3:02 pm Yes, and the "NEWEST MOD" you are talking about that lets his Political bias show against certain posters in other threads is "SNAKES".
Are you people fucking serious?
We're shitting on Snakes now? The most patient, objective, apolitical and neutral poster here by a country mile is now biased and political?

Alot of posters here need a good hard look in the mirror.
I think Snakes never made a secret about being politically biased, and I don't see why a mod can't be. It would only be a problem if he started banning the guys he disagreed with.

Anyway this thread is getting ridiculously derailed and I'm one of the guilty ones...
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Yeah I think we should delete this thread , it’s becoming a little childish
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

Clearly no one's going to change each other's opinions. It's always been this way when the issue comes up. There was more than one poster that believed lenehan when he said Tieri made him into the Genovese Family in 1981. And I'm sure those posters were, and possibly still are, just as certain that 'their guy' was a completely genuine and trustworthy source. People here are free to believe what they want, and I'm free to call out the bullshit every now and again when I feel like it.

And for the record I think Snakes is right up there with antiliar as one of the best posters on Chicago here. That doesn't change what I said.