JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bronx
Full Patched

Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by bronx »

Felice you were told right about gianuzzu
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:There is absolutely nothing wrong with speculation when we don't have the facts or don't know the full story. Like say what is happening in Montreal or who the next Lucchese Acting Boss will be.

However it does get annoying when Capeci or the Feds announce that Tony Joe is the Lucchese Acting Boss and we get posters saying Tony Joe can't be the Acting Boss because x,y and z as they are in a position to know better. Or, my favorite, "I heard/was told" that Mike Guido is the real Lucchese Boss. Especially when the "I heard/was told" stuff is always wrong. John Gambino being Boss and dying of cancer being the most recent example.

Pogo
I mostly agree, but isn't it possible that even if someone holds the rank of official boss someone else can hold an equal or more amount of power? I'm thinking about Ricca/Accardo/Giancana, Salerno/Gigante, Natale/Merlino or Sciascia/Rizzuto. This could be the case with John Gambino who wasn't your average capo.

It's downright stubborn and arrogant to dismiss statements made by the feds, but sometimes or perhaps often they don't tell us the full story because of ongoing investigations or they don't know it themselves as was the case with Salerno and Gigante.
Last edited by Lupara on Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

bronx wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 9:18 am Soliai did you make pogo a moderator or instigator.??? clown you are what you say you are. a clown, if you ever want to meet me let me know .im in florida and new york , new jersey areas often,maybe you can come and learn something .. i do not get into this computer arguements stuff, but you are out of order. you focus on my info and try to discredit every thing i type. if you think you have an iota of street life you are mistaken research boy. you could kiss capeci's dick all you want.enjoy.
I do not get his extreme hard on for you. My best advise is to just ignore him. I have always regarded felice as one of the all time top notch posters ever on these forums. His research and post on these topics (lcn) are second to none, and he as posted already on this forum that your info can't be found on the net or in books. That's good enough for me. Just keep posting what you know Bronx and let the chips fall where they may, that's really all we can do.......Soliai
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Soliai wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 10:12 am Just keep posting what you know Bronx and let the chips fall where they may, that's really all we can do.......Soliai
+1
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

with great thanks Soliai and Sonny.. i do not like to engage in back and forth nonproductive negative stuff. debating is fine..that is a great thing about this site. that is why i asked him if he would like to meet me..i found in life one on one face to face usually works between men.. well enough of this stuff..Thank you Soliai for keeping this forum running..
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

That is not really a fair characterization. I pretty much always ignore him. Just look at this thread. I never even mentioned him once until Tommy and later Sonny dragged me into it. But ah well I'm used to it. It is deja vu all over again. Happy Thanksgiving.

Pogo
Last edited by Pogo The Clown on Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

I just got some new files, gonna post them on the Gambino's thread or gonna open a new one in case of a lot of info. give me a couple of hours
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am That is not really a fair characterization. I pretty much always ignore him. Just look at this thread. I never even mentioned him once until Tommy and later Sonny dragged me into it. But ah well I'm used to it. It is deja vu all over again. Happy Thanksgiving.

Pogo
Lol, Its pretty obvious that you are trying to put him down and hopefully run him out of here one day. But whatever floats your boat Pogo.......Soliai
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

felice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:23 am I just got some new files, gonna post them on the Gambino's thread or gonna open a new one in case of a lot of info. give me a couple of hours
Cant wait. Thanksgiving gift for the forum from felice. Start a new thread when you do, that way it doesn’t get lost in here.......Soliai
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

felice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 am I could read some facebooks and instagrams of people around John. No one was surprised, they talk about it like it was expected.
Interesting. I wonder if anyone has ever taken easily available info like this and tried to pass it off as their own knowledge.

There's a small point that sticks out to me when talking about credibility. How is it that someone can know every other made guy in Brooklyn going back decades, yet not be aware that Peter Piacenti was Anthony Ciccone's acting captain circa 2000? In fact it goes beyond just being unaware, said poster actively tried to claim the information was wrong. More important was the poster's reason for arguing against it: Piacenti was in James Failla's crew and therefore he could not have been Ciccone's acting.

First of all, Failla was already dead. Second, someone even halfway versed in this subject knows full well that crews are broken up and guys moved around all the time. A crew that's existed in more or less the same form for years can be undone overnight if the boss feels like it. To argue that Piacenti being under Failla makes it impossible for him to be acting head of another crew after the latter's death is some mafia wiki brand logic, with very little understanding of how things actually operate. In this case, crews that also happen to be located directly in the poster's so-called area of 'expertise'.

In the grand scheme of things it's a tiny little detail, but when trying to establish credibility one misstep can say a lot. No amount of photo IDs (aided by going through relatives' social media) or 'breaking' news of someone's death (after an obituary was already published online) can distract from that. For me anyway. I know it's not a popular viewpoint here. The forums have seen this play out at least a half dozen times by now. Only the usernames change, and sometimes even those stay the same. People badly want to believe, and once invested will ignore anything inconvenient to that belief. Meanwhile some choose to not believe a word of it and will continue to miss absolutely nothing of worth.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am But ah well I'm used to it. It is deja vu all over again.
It really is. Openly biased mods, street posters and their accompanying cheerleaders. Switch out a few usernames and we're right back in the bad old days of the real deal forum.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

There is alot of misinformation on the internet about the mafia. Even law enforcement can be wrong. For example Joe Ferriola being boss of the Chicago Outfit, when it turned out to be Sam Carlisi, but over time it gets corrected,most of the time. Pogo and a few others deal mainly in known facts that have been researched. And to change what has been commonly known facts needs alot of proof to be changed. He separate s the speculation from the known at that time facts. We need people like that. It might piss you off but I'm sure he would embrace any information that can be backed by multiple sources that are credible.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 am
felice wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:48 am I could read some facebooks and instagrams of people around John. No one was surprised, they talk about it like it was expected.
Interesting. I wonder if anyone has ever taken easily available info like this and tried to pass it off as their own knowledge.

There's a small point that sticks out to me when talking about credibility. How is it that someone can know every other made guy in Brooklyn going back decades, yet not be aware that Peter Piacenti was Anthony Ciccone's acting captain circa 2000? In fact it goes beyond just being unaware, said poster actively tried to claim the information was wrong. More important was the poster's reason for arguing against it: Piacenti was in James Failla's crew and therefore he could not have been Ciccone's acting.

First of all, Failla was already dead. Second, someone even halfway versed in this subject knows full well that crews are broken up and guys moved around all the time. A crew that's existed in more or less the same form for years can be undone overnight if the boss feels like it. To argue that Piacenti being under Failla makes it impossible for him to be acting head of another crew after the latter's death is some mafia wiki brand logic, with very little understanding of how things actually operate. In this case, crews that also happen to be located directly in the poster's so-called area of 'expertise'.

In the grand scheme of things it's a tiny little detail, but when trying to establish credibility one misstep can say a lot. No amount of photo IDs (aided by going through relatives' social media) or 'breaking' news of someone's death (after an obituary was already published online) can distract from that. For me anyway. I know it's not a popular viewpoint here. The forums have seen this play out at least a half dozen times by now. Only the usernames change, and sometimes even those stay the same. People badly want to believe, and once invested will ignore anything inconvenient to that belief. Meanwhile some choose to not believe a word of it and will continue to miss absolutely nothing of worth.
Pogo The Clown wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:18 am But ah well I'm used to it. It is deja vu all over again.
It really is. Openly biased mods, street posters and their accompanying cheerleaders. Switch out a few usernames and we're right back in the bad old days of the real deal forum.

I couldn't have put it any better myself.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 am

Intresting choice of words. You must be referring to me with this statement. Since I’m the only Mod/Admim posting in this thread recently, I’ll take it as you saying I’m being openly bias towards Bronx. I don’t have a clue who Bronx is, just like I don’t have a clue who Pogo is, so tell me, what do I or this forum have gain by being bias towards Bronx?......Soliai
The Cat
On Record

Post by The Cat »

Why does Bronx or any other poster have to be correct all the time ! The guy is just saying he grew up in a mobbed up neighborhood he is not saying he was is a made guy .

Some deal in just facts some lived in the neighborhood and hear stuff that could be braking news or hear say and wrong but he still has the right to post with out content pressure from a guy that has a different posting styles.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 amMeanwhile some choose to not believe a word of it and will continue to miss absolutely nothing of worth.
Really JD?

So when Felice stated bronx new things that could not be garnered from online or from books and research, he's full of shit now too?

And your evidence that bronx is a phony is that he apparently argued against a guy being made acting as he was in another crew?
That's seriously it? The whole basis to write a guy off?
JD wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:48 amIt really is. Openly biased mods
Openly biased mods?
You're kidding yourself JD.
How is Solai wrong? Does Pogo not shit on bronx regularly? Does Pogo not have a hard on for the guy?
Of course he fucking does. Bias: unfairly prejudiced for or against someone or something.
How the fuck has Pogo been unfairly prejudiced against by the mods?

Pogo shits on bronx and the mods say so and its bias.
What a crock.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.