JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Frank wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:42 pm What about Jo Jo having final say??

I don't recall DiLeonardo saying that. The timeline doesn't match up either as D'Amico was in prison when Peter Gotti became Acting Boss and was still in for most of Peter's reign. DiLeonardo was imprisoned 2 weeks after Peter Gotti and flipped not long after so he wasn't on the strret when Squitieri was Acting Boss.
Also the Falcone tapes and indictment clearly show that Squitieri was the Acting Boss during that 2002-2005 period.

After that JoJo Corozzo became Acting Boss for a period (I believe it was JD who discovered this info) before being replaced by D'Amico in 2006. Around this period the Vollaro tapes show that the adminitration was D'Amico as Acting Boss, Cefalu as Acting UnderBoss and JoJo Corozzo as Consiglieri.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:07 pm
when does Nick Corrozo get out?
In a year, give or take a few months.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Ok Pogo I have looked into that period of time and I have chosen to believe your same leadership timeline up and including now. But I did read that about Scars saying Jo Jo had final say. It is in the Joseph Corazzo wikapedia. But I don't go by just that to unreliable. But it is in other things I read. I have to go to work so I will send you something later I've read it digested it but it didn't fit so I believe in your leadership timeline. But I threw it out there to see if anyone has any answer to this . I did learn that Jo Jo was possible acting boss before Jackie. Maybe Scars was referring to that.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:51 pm
March 2, 2020
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:16 pm
March 2, 2020
That's if he maxes out. Federal you get 54 days off sentence for each year served and its already basically 2018.
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:19 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 2:16 pm
March 2, 2020
That's if he maxes out. Federal you get 54 days off sentence for each year served and its already basically 2018.
Good point. And he'll be released to a halfway house before then as well.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hey .i can agree with Pogo on this one. pete gets pinched john sr. dies scars gets pinched all within about three weeks, when scars is in the street pete was official boss arnold under, jojo consig. no acting positions. also scars never said jojo had last say, from what i read in his testimony..arnold became acting boss, megali was in the mix some time after that..falcone's info reaffirms that from what i recall.all three are in prison at one time after that, some the panels are in full swing ..with many guys in and out ..gambino brothers and lorenzo come home the field changes again..it is the most stable structure in a long time..just a thought,, pete gotti became official boss around fall 2001 by end of may 2002 he is done .off the street for life.
CatStevens9
Straightened out

Post by CatStevens9 »

ThIs will be interesting to see how it plays out when Nick Corrozzo, John Carneglia, and Gene Gotti are all back on the street in terms of the power dynamics of the family. It looks like the Sicilians have yielded the most power in the family over the last couple of years. Have guys like Louis Vallario and Arnold Squitteri taken a back seat/semi retired since being released or are they still very active in the leadership of the family?
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i didnt realize he was getting out so soon.

pogo- did his crew get split in half?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

LV AND AS are done..to old to go back to prison.they ride out the rest of their lives..
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:10 pm i didnt realize he was getting out so soon.

pogo- did his crew get split in half?
Nickys crew is still together, waiting for him to return. Lenny has his own crew entirely if he isn't in a higher position by now.
These guys have been to powerful for to long to still be co-captains like they were 20-25 years ago.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

So nick will be 80 when he comes home.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Any idea where DiMaria's family is from? Most of the DiMarias I've come across have Castellammarese heritage.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

no clue
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Lupara wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:01 pm Always going by what the feds state is playing it safe. But if everyone was playing it safe these forums wouldn't have much to offer.
Going with the feds is indeed playing it safe because they're virtually always right and we get more solid info from them than anyone else. Of course, I realize some find this downright boring, especially when a lot of time goes by with no official updates. That's often when the speculation and opinions happen. And contrary to popular opinion, I don't think Pogo or myself have a problem with that as long as it's stated as an opinion. Or, if somebody has "heard something," that doesn't hold more weight than what the feds say if there's conflicting info.
All roads lead to New York.