JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Frank
Full Patched

Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Frank »

Wasn't there a rumour that Lorenzo Mannino took Cali place as boss. That was almost 8 months ago.We still haven't any confirmation on it. Now we have 3 more names that maybe might be the real boss. I now it's fun to speculate and have a opinion, but in the end we just have Cali as boss.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: JOHN GAMBINO HAS DIED

Post by Lupara »

JeremyTheJew wrote:bronx- i was asking Felice. i think 2 pages back he said he still thinks D'Amico is really the boss.
Di Maria.

Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 6:05 pm
SILENT PARTNERZ wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:18 pm What was his position/role in recent times & up until now? Was he semi-retired? Thanks, SP

Like Jeremy said up top the last official info was that he was on a street panel with Anthony Gurino and Sonny Juliano. The stated purpose of the panel was to further insulate the administration from the street.

Pogo
Wait, you mean we don't have to endlessly speculate and go with whatever the latest board rumor is? :o
All roads lead to New York.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Wasn't the info about the Messinese being the boss referring to who was boss after either Peter Gotti or Squinteri. Also it said Rizzo was underboss.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:51 am
felice wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:19 am
JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 pm this is pure speculation.... but maybe because gambino was such a known heroin dealer and all the problems with the opiate epidemic that news didnt want to report on him... as well as whats states above.

for the record tho, there was a time JG was on a ruling panel w Gurrino and Juliano(spelling??)

Felice - is the reason u question about D' Amico is from the reports of ppl in Sicily referring to "the milanese?"
It was not "il milanese", it was "il messinese". No I haven't got his name yet
what I'm asking tho, is it because of those references that u think d Amico is the boss? i thought he was seen as a Gotti guy
No, honestly think Di Maria because he is but close to two powerful factions within the family, the Corozzos and the sicilians
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I think Pogo is saying what is the official confirmed position of John Gambino. And that's his opinion to go by those standards when it comes to speculating who's boss or other administration members. I don't think he's telling you not to talk or have your own opinion. Also he would agree with your statements and opinion on who's boss if you had good evidence.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

that is what these boards are about ..opinions are paramount..agree Frank..it has never been out there that pete who is official boss has been voted down, gotti sr went away he had five guys running things in the street, they all had to come back to his son for all biz, jr was never given acting boss title, but was last say because he had no contact with his father besides behind a glass on video and audio taped..lawyers did very little with messages.the man behind the curtain is fodder for all
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

The majority is speculation on here , nobody knows what is really going on apart from themselves . Some on here believe certain posters straight away , however others are discredited straight away . People will always believe what they wanna believe
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Always going by what the feds state is playing it safe. But if everyone was playing it safe these forums wouldn't have much to offer.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

felice wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:04 pm
JeremyTheJew wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:59 pm this is pure speculation.... but maybe because gambino was such a known heroin dealer and all the problems with the opiate epidemic that news didnt want to report on him... as well as whats states above.

for the record tho, there was a time JG was on a ruling panel w Gurrino and Juliano(spelling??)

Felice - is the reason u question about D' Amico is from the reports of ppl in Sicily referring to "the milanese?"
what I'm asking tho, is it because of those references that u think d Amico is the boss? i thought he was seen as a Gotti guy
No, honestly think Di Maria because he is but close to two powerful factions within the family, the Corozzos and the sicilians
that makes more sense then DAmico.
when does Nick Corrozo get out? the old argument On The boards was that corozzo was really boss. back in 06 i think.
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

JeremyTheJew wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:07 pm
felice wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 12:04 pm

that makes more sense then DAmico.
when does Nick Corrozo get out? the old argument On The boards was that corozzo was really boss. back in 06 i think.
That’s interesting , who is the current capo of the corrozo crew ? Was it James dellaratta ? Not sure if it’s still him
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

i thought it was Lenny DiMaria.

was there some talk where it got split w another crew also?
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The Gambino leadership has been tough to figure out in some years.like when Pete Gotti was boss. Didn't Scars testify basically that Pete was boss, but also testified that Jackie D'amico and Jo Jo Corrozzo had bee running the Family for quite awhile, with Jo Jo having final say. I've read where Squinteri was acting boss and I've read where he was only the underboss and then stepped down,never being acting boss.That actually fits the time frame of DAmico being boss with Rizzo being underboss rumor. But also wasn't Cefalu Jackie's underboss??. But the JoJo having the final say has always intrigued me. So there's , like many families alot of discrepancies. So what I do is basically go by the Black Hand lineage charts since they are very close and in most cases the same as to what my opinion is. As I know they have been researched. But I think we all know changes can come about with new information. Now with John Gambino I believe he ran the family as part of the ruling panel from 2008 to 2011. And then was part of a street panel under Cefalu and Cali from 2011 to 2015. But I am also open to maybe the panel of Gambino Juliano and Guirino actually serving as the top boss with Cefalu and then Cali either being part of the panel or serving as street boss. Either way Gambino was a very powerful man in the Family whether he still had a title or not the last few years since he's been sick.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Frank wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:24 pm The Gambino leadership has been tough to figure out in some years.like when Pete Gotti was boss. Didn't Scars testify basically that Pete was boss, but also testified that Jackie D'amico and Jo Jo Corrozzo had bee running the Family for quite awhile, with Jo Jo having final say. I've read where Squinteri was acting boss and I've read where he was only the underboss and then stepped down,never being acting boss.That actually fits the time frame of DAmico being boss with Rizzo being underboss rumor. But also wasn't Cefalu Jackie's underboss??. But the JoJo having the final say has always intrigued me.

I don't recall DiLeonardo ever saying that. The leadership for that period is pretty clear cut going by the Falcone tapes, the Vollaro tapes, Capeci and the indictments.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

What about Jo Jo having final say??