Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Snakes »

Also, I'm going to reserve judgment before I say that Buffalo is still a fully fledged, viable family. It could just be that there are a few guys left that are allowed to operate there - perhaps a crew's worth. It would be difficult to imagine an entire family, say 30 or more guys, operating without attracting any more attention than they have. Calling the remnants the "Todaro Family" also makes it easier to prove they are part of an enterprise, plus it sounds better in press releases and the papers.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 am Also, I'm going to reserve judgment before I say that Buffalo is still a fully fledged, viable family. It could just be that there are a few guys left that are allowed to operate there - perhaps a crew's worth. It would be difficult to imagine an entire family, say 30 or more guys, operating without attracting any more attention than they have. Calling the remnants the "Todaro Family" also makes it easier to prove they are part of an enterprise, plus it sounds better in press releases and the papers.
Agreed, I said something similar in my post above.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Wow, you did. Sorry, I missed it.

This was also the family that had half of it's living members living outside of Buffalo as of a year or two ago, with a handful as far away as Vegas.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:38 am Wow, you did. Sorry, I missed it.

This was also the family that had half of it's living members living outside of Buffalo as of a year or two ago, with a handful as far away as Vegas.
Oh I was just saying I agree with you haha, not "YOU STOLE MY IDEA!!!" or whatever. :mrgreen:

Leonard Falzone (usually described as "the boss of what's left") moved to Vegas when I lived there, I remember that. I think there are others besides him, too. It's an interesting town.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

About Paul Ragusa, what I find interesting about him is that he is known to be an "associate" to both crime families, the Bonannos and the Gambinos.

This is the first time that I heard of an individual being reputed to be associated to 2 crime families at the same time.

Also, I wonder if this Ragusa may have any blood relationships with the Ragusa of Montréal, to know : Emanuel Ragusa, born in Cattolica Eraclea, who migrated to Montréal and who was a key lieutenant of the Rizzuto organization. His daughter, Eleonara, is the widow of the late Nicolo Jr. Rizzuto, muredered in December 2009.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

I'm interested to know the names of the 5 other people at the induction ceremony, are they New York or Canadian based members of the Bonanno family as they would have to be made members to attend.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 am Calling the remnants the "Todaro Family" also makes it easier to prove they are part of an enterprise, plus it sounds better in press releases and the papers.

Yeah we have seen the same thing when remnants in Rochester, Kansas City, Rockford, Scranton and Cleveland have been indicted years after the family was considered extinct by LE. The feds themselves don't list Buffalo as one of the remaining families.

Laurentian wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:01 am This is the first time that I heard of an individual being reputed to be associated to 2 crime families at the same time.

It is not that unusual. Similiar terminology is often used in indictments.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Lupara »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Snakes wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 7:28 am Calling the remnants the "Todaro Family" also makes it easier to prove they are part of an enterprise, plus it sounds better in press releases and the papers.

Yeah we have seen the same thing when remnants in Rochester, Kansas City, Rockford, Scranton and Cleveland have been indicted years after the family was considered extinct by LE. The feds themselves don't list Buffalo as one of the remaining families.

Laurentian wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:01 am This is the first time that I heard of an individual being reputed to be associated to 2 crime families at the same time.

Pogo
But one guy can't be on record with two families or can he?
Clark
Straightened out

Post by Clark »

I am with you guys that I don't think there is anything viable. One other thing to remember is that if the "Todaros" are the Violi brothers than they could have been made as early as the late 1980s or early 1990s (when Buffalo had more structure). Given their situation and the Luppino's relationship with that family, it is likely that they would have been trying to have those two made as early as possible.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: RE: Re: Arrests in NY, induction ceremony taped

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:50 am But one guy can't be on record with two families or can he?

Not sure on that. But it is not unusual for a guy to be listed as an associate of two families in these multi family indictments.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Assuming the ceremony took place in Montreal, this likely puts to bed the "Sixth Family" argument, i.e that the Rizzutos and Montreal LCN grew to be a separate entity from the Bonnanos.

Although I can't recall if there is any evidence that the Bonnanos in NYC had any say in the Montreal killings over the last few years. Hopefully more info to come on that.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Maybe the Bonannos try to recover what they had lost when the Rizzutos had become independent in the 1970s.
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:21 am

Pogo
From what I understand of Cosa Nostra rules and family administration, an associate can't working for two or more families at the same time. He only answers to one. Right?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Seems to me like these morons are just cowboys , running round doing what the fuck they want , all those rules and everything else seems to have gone out the window , these idiots are making it up as they go along , as long as they are making money I don’t think anyone gives a shit
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Laurentian wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 9:45 am From what I understand of Cosa Nostra rules and family administration, an associate can't working for two or more families at the same time. He only answers to one. Right?

Theoretically yes but I'm sure in the real world it is not so clear cut. A lot of these guy's intermingle and operate with several families.

Pogo