Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Post by furiofromnaples »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRqLpVA6d0s

The journalist Daniele Piervincenzi and the filmmaker Edoardo Anselmi, were violently attacked in Ostia by Roberto Spada, a member of the Spada family , aknow oc group from Ostia, and by his companion.

The Journalist Daniele Piervincenzi was making a service on the vote in Ostia, went to the gym run by Roberto Spada to ask him a comment on his support for Casapound (far-right party) delcared on his Facebook profile a few days before the election.
After answering a number of questions, Spada suddenly gave a very strong warhead to Piervincenzi and chased him, punching him with a stick. Then, along with another person,went to the filmmaker, kicking and punching him. Piervincenzi has broken nasal septum and a 30-day prognosis.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Post by Lupara »

That came out of nowhere didn't it? Was the journalist provoking him?

Any more info on this Spada family? Do they serve as inspiration for the clan in Suburra?
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Look at the video,the journalist was only asking on why he made his support on a fascist party and if he read journals,Spada answered that he dont read journals and attaked Piervincenzi and the cameraman.
The Spadas are simply thugs from Ostia,Suburra serie are inspired on more dangerous and powerful people.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 am Look at the video,the journalist was only asking on why he made his support on a fascist party and if he read journals,Spada answered that he dont read journals and attaked Piervincenzi and the cameraman.
The Spadas are simply thugs from Ostia,Suburra serie are inspired on more dangerous and powerful people.
That brings up a question I have. Just finished Suburra serie season 1. Why are the Anacletis called "gypsies?"
All roads lead to New York.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Post by Lupara »

furiofromnaples wrote:Look at the video,the journalist was only asking on why he made his support on a fascist party and if he read journals,Spada answered that he dont read journals and attaked Piervincenzi and the cameraman.
Yes I've looked at the video but as you may or may not know I don't speak Italian.

The journalist seemed to be very subtly provocative if not sarcastic. He was looking at the guy with a smug face just before he got hit. You just don't fuck with these people, they are no joke. He definitely learned that the hard way.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Lupara wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:59 pm
furiofromnaples wrote:Look at the video,the journalist was only asking on why he made his support on a fascist party and if he read journals,Spada answered that he dont read journals and attaked Piervincenzi and the cameraman.
Yes I've looked at the video but as you may or may not know I don't speak Italian.

The journalist seemed to be very subtly provocative if not sarcastic. He was looking at the guy with a smug face just before he got hit. You just don't fuck with these people, they are no joke. He definitely learned that the hard way.
The real journalists wouldn't have fear to made tought questions,but Spada was a thugh that after said I don't know -I don't read newspapers- used the violence because his only way for stop the situation. Following your argue Saviano shall not write Gomorra for fear to fuck with these people.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Wiseguy wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:54 pm
furiofromnaples wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:27 am Look at the video,the journalist was only asking on why he made his support on a fascist party and if he read journals,Spada answered that he dont read journals and attaked Piervincenzi and the cameraman.
That brings up a question I have. Just finished Suburra serie season 1. Why are the Anacletis called "gypsies?"
Sorry I can't answer because I don't watched the series maybe was inspired to the Casamonicas.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Post by Lupara »

furiofromnaples wrote:

The real journalists wouldn't have fear to made tought questions,but Spada was a thugh that after said I don't know -I don't read newspapers- used the violence because his only way for stop the situation. Following your argue Saviano shall not write Gomorra for fear to fuck with these people.
Because he's in hiding and protected by the Italian government. He would be dead already if he confronted any of these guys on the streets like this journalist did. It's common knowledge that you don't fuck with these people, otherwise they wouldn't have so much power and be feared. Don't be a smartass.

So the journalist was provoking him by asking tough questions.

BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

Because they literally are gypsies WG.. A lot of times when they speak among themselves in the series it isn't in Italian but in the gypsy language Sinti..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

BillyBrizzi wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:19 am
Because they literally are gypsies WG.. A lot of times when they speak among themselves in the series it isn't in Italian but in the gypsy language Sinti..

Interesting. Thanks for the info.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Lupara wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 6:40 am
furiofromnaples wrote:

Because he's in hiding and protected by the Italian government. He would be dead already if he confronted any of these guys on the streets like this journalist did. It's common knowledge that you don't fuck with these people, otherwise they wouldn't have so much power and be feared. Don't be a smartass.

So the journalist was provoking him by asking tough questions.
Real journalists must ask tought questions at the criminals,at politicians ecc Ilaria Alpi paid with her life,Giuliana Sgrena was almost killed and so on. Lupara do you really think that there are no journalists with the balls to do their duty and find the truth ? All Ostia hood are defending Spada because he is a criminal and a fascist and Piervincenzi made well his duty showing how Ostia is in the hands of this criminals.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: RE: Re: Journalist attacked by a Spada Clan member in Rome

Post by Lupara »

furiofromnaples wrote:Real journalists must ask tought questions at the criminals,at politicians ecc Ilaria Alpi paid with her life,Giuliana Sgrena was almost killed and so on. Lupara do you really think that there are no journalists with the balls to do their duty and find the truth ? All Ostia hood are defending Spada because he is a criminal and a fascist and Piervincenzi made well his duty showing how Ostia is in the hands of this criminals.
Sure he does a good job and so do the other journalist. But he shouldn't be suprised to get hurt by these people when he puts them on the spot is what I'm saying.
BlackDow
Prospect

Post by BlackDow »

Are these Spada guys not Lazio irriducibili rather than OC?
Etna
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Etna »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:24 am

WG - It seems like a number of the clans operating in Rome, when not linked to Cosa Nostra, 'Ndrangheta or Camorra are gypsies. In fact, I believe the famous Casamonica clan is noe of those.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Etna wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2017 6:01 pm
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Nov 10, 2017 10:24 am

WG - It seems like a number of the clans operating in Rome, when not linked to Cosa Nostra, 'Ndrangheta or Camorra are gypsies. In fact, I believe the famous Casamonica clan is noe of those.
So are the Casamonicas, or the Anacletis in Suburra, considered to be Italian?