General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Geordiebutch99
Associate

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

How was Barney Bellomo able to get made so young? He was only about 20. Was he from a family with a background in organized crime and heavily connected to the Genovese family?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:14 pm How was Barney Bellomo able to get made so young? He was only about 20. Was he from a family with a background in organized crime and heavily connected to the Genovese family?

His father was a Genovese soldier close to Fat Tony Salerno.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

Does anyone know how big of a presence the Gambinos have in Atlanta? Is there a crew operating down there? I know Mikey Scars DiLeonardo has some connection to the city, was he the only one?

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Deceased Soldier Anthony “Tony Pep” Trentacosta was active in Atlanta. They never had an actual crew there but they did have some businesses at one time.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

I did a google book search for Gambino soldier Rudy Pipolo and came across this book called He Calls Me By Lightning: The Life of Caliph Washington
By S Jonathan Bass which has a page on Pipolo.

I have never heard of him being involved in Frank Scalice's murder. They imply he was made around 1957. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I have no idea what the rest of the book is about or own it. I don't think it is a mafia book though.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimmy_beans8
Straightened out

Post by jimmy_beans8 »

were there any plots on gas n vic?
I been taught to listen to what's not said
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

Raven wrote:I did a google book search for Gambino soldier Rudy Pipolo and came across this book called He Calls Me By Lightning: The Life of Caliph Washington
By S Jonathan Bass which has a page on Pipolo.

I have never heard of him being involved in Frank Scalice's murder. They imply he was made around 1957. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?

I have no idea what the rest of the book is about or own it. I don't think it is a mafia book though.
There is a show on HBO about the criminal underbelly of lower Manhattan. There is a character named Rudy Pipolo, who is suppose to be a Gambino family capo. In the show they do have real life figures like Marty the Horse Ianello. It could be the same guy, I don’t know.

HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Pipolo was a captain later on in the 1970s. He was one of five captains who directly reported to Gallo. I have seen Arthur Leo being mentioned as the triggerman in the Scalise hit but cannot recall ever seing Pipolo being described as the second shooter. It's possible. In Gallo's FBI file, Pipolo is described as being close to him but he was most likely in another crew, under a different captain.

Nice find Raven!
There you have it, never printed before.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Vice has a tv show called the Pizza show. It aired an episode focusing on brooklyn and one of the star 'interviewees' was Mark Iacona.
Famous Brooklyn Pizza joint owner who Gambino associate Benny Geritano stabbed.
Got me to googling Geritano to find out a release date and ended up having a huge laugh at the media.
Check out what position Benny holds according to the daily news:

https://www.google.ca/amp/www.nydailyne ... -1.3177363

Anyone know when he's due out?

(Check out the Pizza show on vice. No sales, just a Brooklyn guy checking out the best pizza in the states. If you love pizza it's a good watch. Most episodes on YouTube.)

For pizza lovers check out Frank Pepe's clam pie.
Frank pepes at 5.25mins in:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BmiQRvib3DQ
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Can someone from a different family be someone's sponsor into one of the other families?

I am reading this Joey Gallo biography by Donald Goddard and he says ""Though he and Larry were both "made" men in the Profaci family, sponsored by Ottilio (Frankie the Bug) Caruso, Joey for one was not about to starting kissing anybody's hand or bowing his head in the presence of the Don."

I am pretty sure Caruso was a Genovese member.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

gambino guy
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

How many associates are there in crime families in New York today?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

aleksandrored wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2017 3:50 pm How many associates are there in crime families in New York today?

The rough estimates I've seen are

Gambino- 650-1,000+
Genovese- 600-1,000+
Lucchese- 500
Bonanno- 300-500
Colombo- 200-500

However one should keep in mind that these numbers are flud and vary depending on how one defines an associate.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
aleksandrored
Full Patched

Post by aleksandrored »

I got it, thanks
Raven
Straightened out

Post by Raven »

Anyone ever hear of a Genovese soldier named James Darienza? It is from a 1983 list of supposed Genovese members from the book "Organized crime in America : hearings before the Senate". Could be a nickname or a guy who wasn't really even a member? I've never seen that name before.

:lol: We have the same first name though so he was probably a cool guy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.