General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Villain
Filthy Few

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Villain »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:35 am
Villain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:30 am Back in the day I had my bus-boys clean the restrooms after we closed every night. They asked me if it was ok for them to keep whatever coins they found in the urinals. Of course it was ok as long as they wore rubber gloves. They also found little plastic bags and square pieces of what appeared to be freezer paper. Maybe someone could tell me what they were used for ;)
Dope? :o :mrgreen:
Ya think ;) I got really lucky back in the day and went from the best place to eat into the best place party after 10pm.
We had to restrict entry on Wednesday and Friday nights because the crowds would far exceed our capacity :D
When we cleaned up after we closed we would find lots of snow-seals and different color little zip-locks. Ya Dope for sure :shock:
I know that im younger than you but believe me nothing has changed these days and in fact its quite worse. I know some oldtimers who went through everything in their lives, including war, but still they turn their heads around when somebody starts sniffing on the table in their restaurants in front of everyone, including kids. I know that its obviously because of the huge check but common..I really have nothing against drugs or selling and shit but thats just too much... simply disgusting
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Villain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:25 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:35 am
Villain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:45 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:30 am Back in the day I had my bus-boys clean the restrooms after we closed every night. They asked me if it was ok for them to keep whatever coins they found in the urinals. Of course it was ok as long as they wore rubber gloves. They also found little plastic bags and square pieces of what appeared to be freezer paper. Maybe someone could tell me what they were used for ;)
Dope? :o :mrgreen:
Ya think ;) I got really lucky back in the day and went from the best place to eat into the best place party after 10pm.
We had to restrict entry on Wednesday and Friday nights because the crowds would far exceed our capacity :D
When we cleaned up after we closed we would find lots of snow-seals and different color little zip-locks. Ya Dope for sure :shock:
I know that im younger than you but believe me nothing has changed these days and in fact its quite worse. I know some oldtimers who went through everything in their lives, including war, but still they turn their heads around when somebody starts sniffing on the table in their restaurants in front of everyone, including kids. I know that its obviously because of the huge check but common..I really have nothing against drugs or selling and shit but thats just too much... simply disgusting
I absolutely agree...Thas is simply disgusting! I guess I'm one of those "oldtimers" that has been through most everything in life, including Viet Nam. I would not take very kindly to anyone not respecting those around them by snorting-up in any restaurant. Believe me I've done my share of Peruvian Marching Powder back in the day. Fortunately I was able to look in the mirror almost 20 years ago and be done :D Thank God!
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am I absolutely agree...Thas is simply disgusting! I guess I'm one of those "oldtimers" that has been through most everything in life, including Viet Nam. I would not take very kindly to anyone not respecting those around them by snorting-up in any restaurant. Believe me I've done my share of Peruvian Marching Powder back in the day. Fortunately I was able to look in the mirror almost 20 years ago and be done :D Thank God!
Then its my highest honor Sir for talking to such an individual and I really mean it, since I'm one of those "kids" who used to go and buy cigarettes for the oldtimers and got schooled along the way :lol: 8-)
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Villain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:25 am
FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:52 am I absolutely agree...Thas is simply disgusting! I guess I'm one of those "oldtimers" that has been through most everything in life, including Viet Nam. I would not take very kindly to anyone not respecting those around them by snorting-up in any restaurant. Believe me I've done my share of Peruvian Marching Powder back in the day. Fortunately I was able to look in the mirror almost 20 years ago and be done :D Thank God!
Then its my highest honor Sir for talking to such an individual and I really mean it, since I'm one of those "kids" who used to go and buy cigarettes for the oldtimers and got schooled along the way :lol: 8-)
Thank you. Also Too funny you "kid" you :lol: :lol: :lol:
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:50 am
:lol: thanks but I really mean it, there wasnt even one 24/7 store which didnt recognized my face regarding the cigs or anything else since they knew who sent me for. And the funny thing was that they even knew the type of cigs in advance without me saying anything and of course no charge :lol: Seriously these type of things occurred during the first half of the 90s or during the Balkan conflict
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Villain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 am
:lol: thanks but I really mean it, there wasnt even one 24/7 store which didnt recognized my face regarding the cigs or anything else since they knew who sent me for. And the funny thing was that they even knew the type of cigs in advance without me saying anything and of course no charge :lol: Seriously these type of things occurred during the first half of the 90s or during the Balkan conflict
And my respect for you surviving the Balkan "conflict". Any time innocent people die in a "conflict, it's a war :(
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

FriendofHenry wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:24 am
Villain wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:59 am
And my respect for you surviving the Balkan "conflict". Any time innocent people die in a "conflict, it's a war :(
Thanks but it didnt affect me that much, but I believe that the people around here who were close in that situation are Alexfromsouth and Strax. Can you believe that there was no real organized crime on the Balkans until the conflict or should i say until the late q980s and early 90s?! I mean there were obviously people on the other side of the tracks but they all operated in foreign countries, never in their homelands.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Is there a list of mob informants that have been retaliated against? Most things I see online have the informants & turncoats living in hiding, I was curious who was retaliated against. Was the witness protection program ever infiltrated?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

ChicagoOutfit wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:34 am Is there a list of mob informants that have been retaliated against? Most things I see online have the informants & turncoats living in hiding, I was curious who was retaliated against. Was the witness protection program ever infiltrated?

There were three witnesses against Outfit boss Sam Battaglia for which he ended up in jail and later the first two changed their names and relocated but the third oneonly changed his name and adress but refused to relocate to a different city. Henry LaKey changed his name to Henry Rufo but that wasnt enough since in 1971 his body was found in the trunk of a car, viciously beaten and showed signs of knife wounds, cigarette burns and other various signs of torture. 

Also in 1969, the U.S. Attorney’s Office made an indictment against Chicago big shot Jackie Cerone and four other members thanks primarily to Lou Bombacino’s testimony. After that Bombacino went to Arizona and changed his name to Joseph Nardi. So in 1975 the Outfit caught up with him and was blown to pieces.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Villain wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:58 am
ChicagoOutfit wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:34 am Is there a list of mob informants that have been retaliated against? Most things I see online have the informants & turncoats living in hiding, I was curious who was retaliated against. Was the witness protection program ever infiltrated?

There were three witnesses against Outfit boss Sam Battaglia for which he ended up in jail and later the first two changed their names and relocated but the third oneonly changed his name and adress but refused to relocate to a different city. Henry LaKey changed his name to Henry Rufo but that wasnt enough since in 1971 his body was found in the trunk of a car, viciously beaten and showed signs of knife wounds, cigarette burns and other various signs of torture. 

Also in 1969, the U.S. Attorney’s Office made an indictment against Chicago big shot Jackie Cerone and four other members thanks primarily to Lou Bombacino’s testimony. After that Bombacino went to Arizona and changed his name to Joseph Nardi. So in 1975 the Outfit caught up with him and was blown to pieces.
I appreciate the response! Thanks for your input. Any others? Any examples out of NYC or the other regions? TIA
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

There was Mario Riccobene who flipped in the early 80s. He stupidly returned to Philly and tried to get back involved and was killed in 1993. The Patrarca family also tracked down Joe Barboza in San Francisco and killed him in the 70s. Wasn't there another informant killed in SF around this time. DeJohn something or other. I believe he was killed by the Outfit.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
ChicagoOutfit
Straightened out

Post by ChicagoOutfit »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:15 am There was Mario Riccobene who flipped in the early 80s. He stupidly returned to Philly and tried to get back involved and was killed in 1993. The Patrarca family also tracked down Joe Barboza in San Francisco and killed him in the 70s. Wasn't there another informant killed in SF around this time. DeJohn something or other. I believe he was killed by the Outfit.

Pogo
Thanks! Was witness protection ever compromised? Or if so, is that something the gov't wouldn't openly admit to?
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:15 am There was Mario Riccobene who flipped in the early 80s. He stupidly returned to Philly and tried to get back involved and was killed in 1993. The Patrarca family also tracked down Joe Barboza in San Francisco and killed him in the 70s. Wasn't there another informant killed in SF around this time. DeJohn something or other. I believe he was killed by the Outfit.

Pogo
DeJohn was killed during the late 1940s but he wasnt an informant but instead he was killed because of a previous conflict. I dont remember clearly but i think the hit team on DeJohn included one or two Outfit members and the rest were from SF
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thanks. My memory was really fuzzy on that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:27 am Thanks. My memory was really fuzzy on that.

Pogo
Even though this was way before the official witness protection program, still there was another interesting hit which occurred during that time period. After placing the whole Outfit leadership in jail, mob informant Willie Bioff changed his name to Bob Nelson and during the late 40s fled to Arizona but in 1955 he was also blown to pieces in his automobile.

In aĺl of these examles it was the victims' fault since they werent careful