Gangland news 14th sept 2017

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Gangland news 14th sept 2017

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:54 am I'm not arguing who did the actual killing just this idea that it was an unsanctioned hit by Basciano. A hit of this magnitude had to be sanctioned (and would have by the rules and politics) otherwise there would have been repercussions.

Pogo
shortly afterwards everyone involved were either dead or in jail. where would the repercussions come from? where were the repercussions when parellos kid dissapeared? did patsy ok that?

your and Wiseguy argument maybe true. im not saying it didnt happen. i just lean towards vinny on the sneak. in my mind it makes more sense. but i dont discount your theory. why do you discount others instead of saying its plausible? a lot of the times we are all guessing whether it be whos in what position or mary ferell files.
Last edited by Cheech on Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

In my mind here is how it goes down:

Nick Cirillo gets into it with Bascionao kid and Cicale
Vinny loses his mind, reacts irrationally
OKs a hit on Cirillos kid
After hit Pizzola bragging about it
Basciano has him killed
Basciano asked about it in jail by Massino. Basciano lies about it.
and i think the fact that he wasnt found as a plays into it. can always say they didnt do it. if it was sanctioned it gets left in the street as a reminder to to others what happens when u touch a made guy
I dont think its out of question to think QD ok'd it, I just dont think he did.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Correct me if I'm wrong but the only sources of info on Pizzola killing Cirillo is Frank Vasaturo and Dora Roman(Pizzola's girlfriend) in the Basciano appeal right?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

moneyman wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:46 am Correct me if I'm wrong but the only sources of info on Pizzola killing Cirillo is Frank Vasaturo and Dora Roman(Pizzola's girlfriend) in the Basciano appeal right?
Cantarella testimony
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Cheech wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:27 ambut i dont discount your theory. why do you discount others instead of saying its plausible? a lot of the times we are all guessing whether it be whos in what position or mary ferell files.
This.

It's ALL speculation.

The difference being certain people hold definitives verses others, whilst holding a theory, do so open to contrasting evidence.

And in situations concerning the mafia, where MOST shit is speculation, some more educated than others, but in a field where there are almost no definitives, being open to contrasting opinions, at least entertaining them or admitting plausibility, is essential.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Except it is not speculation. You have several people who were involved and in a position to know what happened saying it went down a certain way versus people on a forum saying it might have gone down another way.

I think John Gotti killed Jimmy Hoffa. You can't discount it. It is plausible.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:05 am Except it is not speculation. You have several people who were involved and in a position to know what happened saying it went down a certain way versus people on a forum saying it might have gone down another way.

I think John Gotti killed Jimmy Hoffa. You can't discount it. It is plausible.

Pogo
vinny said they had nothing to do with it now and youre saying they did kill the kid with the fathers approval, thats SPECULATION. same with WiseGuy. everyone is speculating dude. what are you missing?
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

"That came from Dom, that came from Dom," said Basciano.
"Did we have anything to do with that?" asked Massino.
"Absolutely not," said Basciano.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:56 am I agree that the Bonannos carried out the murder. But they did it with the ok of Cirillo.

And the reason I'm convinced of Cirillo's involvement is because the feds and Capeci are. And, as we've seen, those on the forums who make a habit of disagreeing with the feds or Capeci have ended up being wrong again and again.

what fbi has said this? where did capeci say this? what rat has said this? what tape recording was this talked about on?

you are SPECULATING based on the most reasonable amount of data. i am too and we are coming up with different conclusions. i am in belief that thats is ok. but you and Pogo choose to talk down on those that dont believe you.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Cheech wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 am what fbi has said this? where did capeci say this? what rat has said this? what tape recording was this talked about on?

you are SPECULATING based on the most reasonable amount of data. i am too and we are coming up with different conclusions. i am in belief that thats is ok. but you and Pogo choose to talk down on those that dont believe you.

Capeci
The name of Dominick (Quiet Dom) Cirillo was never spoken, but the horrific decision that the powerful Genovese wiseguy allegedly made to okay his son's murder was the unspoken elephant in the room yesterday in Manhattan Federal Court at the sentencing of mob associate Reynold (Randy) Alberti.
That story begins more than 13 years ago, soon after Cirillo, the then-acting family boss, sanctioned the Mother's Day murder in 2004 of his 41-year-old son Nicholas for disrespecting Bonanno capo Dominick Cicale and Vincent Basciano Jr. in a Bronx brouhaha, according to law enforcement officials, FBI records, and letters submitted to sentencing Judge Richard Sullivan,
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:42 am
Cheech wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 am what fbi has said this? where did capeci say this? what rat has said this? what tape recording was this talked about on?

Capeci
The name of Dominick (Quiet Dom) Cirillo was never spoken, but the horrific decision that the powerful Genovese wiseguy allegedly made to okay his son's murder was the unspoken elephant in the room yesterday in Manhattan Federal Court at the sentencing of mob associate Reynold (Randy) Alberti.
That story begins more than 13 years ago, soon after Cirillo, the then-acting family boss, sanctioned the Mother's Day murder in 2004 of his 41-year-old son Nicholas for disrespecting Bonanno capo Dominick Cicale and Vincent Basciano Jr. in a Bronx brouhaha, according to law enforcement officials, FBI records, and letters submitted to sentencing Judge Richard Sullivan,

no, who has said Cirllo gave the ok and the Bonnanos did the actual killing as Wiseguy has suggested
Wiseguy wrote: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:56 am I agree that the Bonannos carried out the murder. But they did it with the ok of Cirillo.
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

For what it's worth here's the basics re Cicale's account of the Cirillo incident:
Around Spring 2004 Dominick Cicale was having renovations done on his real estate office. Cirillo showed up at the office to discuss money owed for the work and Cicale told him to mind his business. Cirillo raised his voice and Cicale slapped him. Cirillo then started toward his vehicle and made a comment about getting a gun. Cicale followed him, held him against the car and started beating him so he couldn't get at any weapons. There was a guy with Cirillo who was still inside the vehicle. He told Cicale there wasn't really a gun inside so he backed off. Both parties left the scene. Almost immediately after they were gone Vincent Basciano Jr. showed up and was questioned by the NYPD who been called to the location and had also just arrived. Cirillo did not hit or threaten Basciano Jr., they weren't there at the same time.

A few hours later Cicale was summoned to meet with Vincent Basciano, Michael Mancuso and an unspecified Genovese member. It was decided since Cirillo didn't actually put his hands on Cicale there was no issue and to let it end there. The Genovese member made a call and Cirillo showed up and apologized to Cicale for his behavior. They shook hands and that was it.

Cirillo was last seen May 9, 2004. Shortly thereafter Cicale met with Basciano and Mancuso. During this meeting Basciano expressed his opinion that the Genovese were taking advantage of the recent situation between Cicale/Cirillo to get rid of Cirillo and have the blame pointed elsewhere. Basciano told Mancuso to meet with one of the Genovese leaders (poss. Lawrence Dentico) and inform them the Bonannos had nothing to do with it. Mancuso and the Genovese met and they told Mancuso they already knew the Bonannos weren't responsible and no further action was taken.

After Cicale was indicted he spent time with Dominick Cirillo at MDC Brooklyn, and Cirillo also told him he knew Cicale had nothing to do with killing his son.

As for who was really responsible there's a lot to go back and forth with. For me, it's hard to believe Cicale would plead guilty on two death penalty eligible murders (Santoro/Pizzolo) yet lie about involvement in a third. Particularly when the victim in question wasn't some kind of innocent civilian. Not to mention Pisciotti, who hated Cicale by the end, also deciding to withhold info.

On the other hand, that's doesn't preclude other Bonannos having some degree of involvement, whether it's Basciano himself having a role (or just advanced knowledge) or Pizzolo being recruited off the record. If so Basciano really went all out with the lie, denying it to everyone up to and including his own boss.

Given what's available to us, I'm leaning toward it being the Genovese who carried it out, with the Bonannos being made a convenient scapegoat. But there's enough conflicting info on the situation to keep at least some of the opposing theories viable. What's really needed is a cooperator from the other side. If it was a Genovese only hit then one or more of the participants are likely still out there. Any one of them could potentially get indicted on serious charges somewhere down the line and decide to flip and clear things up.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Cheech wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 am

And the reason I'm convinced of Cirillo's involvement is because the feds and Capeci are. And, as we've seen, those on the forums who make a habit of disagreeing with the feds or Capeci have ended up being wrong again and again.

what fbi has said this? where did capeci say this? what rat has said this? what tape recording was this talked about on?

The Bonannos doing it is speculation on my part, though I think it's certainly possible the Genovese did it themselves. But my speculation is based on Pizzolo and didn't just come out of thin air.

The problem with you speculating Cirillo wasn't involved is the vast majority of the available evidence does say he was. Yet you think he wasn't involved and the Bonanno's did it "on the sneak" when there's not much to base that on.
All roads lead to New York.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Wiseguy wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:59 am
Cheech wrote: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:22 am

The Bonannos doing it is speculation on my part, though I think it's certainly possible the Genovese did it themselves. But my speculation is based on Pizzolo and didn't just come out of thin air.

The problem with you speculating Cirillo wasn't involved is the vast majority of the available evidence does say he was. Yet you think he wasn't involved and the Bonanno's did it "on the sneak" when there's not much to base that on.
the difference is I am not discounting your theory, yet you discount mine and you are condescending to others that do not agree.
I, on the other hand am not asking anyone to agree. i am only stating what I believe based on how I think it played out.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Thanks for the post JD. Good info.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.