General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

RONALD
Straightened out

joe brewster

Post by RONALD »

How is it, that there are 2 guys from differnt families, one in the Gambino family and the other in the Colombo family
who has the same name and nickname....Joe deDomenico aka Joe Brewster...cousins?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Re: joe brewster

Post by HairyKnuckles »

RONALD wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:25 am How is it, that there are 2 guys from differnt families, one in the Gambino family and the other in the Colombo family
who has the same name and nickname....Joe deDomenico aka Joe Brewster...cousins?
Father and son.
There you have it, never printed before.
bronx
Full Patched

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by bronx »

the father changed last name to delmonico.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

bronx wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 4:02 am the father changed last name to delmonico.
The Joe brewster that was with Gaggi? Why did he change it Bronx?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

hello Alex he was not with nino, he was with pete pumps ,then little toto, then paul made him the veterans friends club guy, he was then handled by jimmy brown, that is when he gets made ,brown goes to prison and is put with deleonardo..he had a bad falling out with his son and changed it ..very weird
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

bronx wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:45 am hello Alex he was not with nino, he was with pete pumps ,then little toto, then paul made him the veterans friends club guy, he was then handled by jimmy brown, that is when he gets made ,brown goes to prison and is put with deleonardo..he had a bad falling out with his son and changed it ..very weird
hey BX, he was made in the 80s? Sr? Was his son always with Scarpa?
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

he was made the year paul got killed, both had a bad falling out
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

Hey y'all I was wondering how accurate is Philip Carlo's book "Gaspipe". In regards to how powerful Anthony Casso was and the power of the Lucchese family.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am Hey y'all I was wondering how accurate is Philip Carlo's book "Gaspipe". In regards to how powerful Anthony Casso was and the power of the Lucchese family.

I dont know much regarding the NY mob but i can tell you this, Casso was the power and Carlos book was bullshit
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:05 am Hey y'all I was wondering how accurate is Philip Carlo's book "Gaspipe". In regards to how powerful Anthony Casso was and the power of the Lucchese family.

Casso was a major power after the Commission case, that being said, Phil Carlo's book his the worst shit you could ever read from a literary standpoint. It had wires crossed, misspelled names etc. I pointed out all the errors in the book and hit him up with follow up questions to ask gas PLUS re-edit his book, but he didn't give a fuck. Told me readers don't really care about facts as long as it's a good read. I offered him a bargain basement price, yet he says things like Frankie DeCicco was also known as Frankie Hearts. He was talking about the Frank DeCicco bombing. I let him know Frankie Hearts was actually Frankie Hearts Bellino(who the bombers mistook for Gotti and was actually a Lucchese soldier) was wounded in the bombing. He didn't care and hit me with the "Readers don't really care about the facts" spiel.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

yatescj7781 wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:24 pm

Casso was a major power after the Commission case, that being said, Phil Carlo's book his the worst shit you could ever read from a literary standpoint. It had wires crossed, misspelled names etc. I pointed out all the errors in the book and hit him up with follow up questions to ask gas PLUS re-edit his book, but he didn't give a fuck. Told me readers don't really care about facts as long as it's a good read. I offered him a bargain basement price, yet he says things like Frankie DeCicco was also known as Frankie Hearts. He was talking about the Frank DeCicco bombing. I let him know Frankie Hearts was actually Frankie Hearts Bellino(who the bombers mistook for Gotti and was actually a Lucchese soldier) was wounded in the bombing. He didn't care and hit me with the "Readers don't really care about the facts" spiel.
Any more info on Frankie hearts Bellino?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

New series on the Rizzuto family airing this fall.
No idea on the historical accuracy but it stars Paul Sorvino, among others.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6423364/
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:New series on the Rizzuto family airing this fall.
No idea on the historical accuracy but it stars Paul Sorvino, among others.

http://m.imdb.com/title/tt6423364/
Are you sure you wanted to post this in this thread?

Here's more, including trailer.

http://www.c21media.net/screenings/skyv ... ood/10434/
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: RE: Re: General Mob Questions

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Lupara wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:18 am Are you sure you wanted to post this in this thread?
Figured it wasnt worth creating a thread as its not really a topic to debate/discuss. Just information.

I took the 'General' part of the thread title more seriously than the 'Questions' part you could say.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

I have always heard that Carlo Gambino had the Commission close the books roughly starting (to my knowledge) in 1957-1975. My question is this: how strict was that rule because Nino Gaggi, Christopher Furnari, and Gennaro Langella were all inducted during that "closed books" period?