Was Joe Lombardo ever boss of the Outfit, even briefly?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Snakes
Full Patched

Re: Was Joe Lombardo ever boss of the Outfit, even briefly?

Post by Snakes »

That documentary had a lot of errors, though. Lombardo may have had some sort of advisory position at some point after his release.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wiseguy wrote:I don't think Lombardo was ever the Outfit boss. Can't really find a place in the time line where he would have been.
I agree it's hard to make the timeline work with all those guys said to have lead the outfit in the 90's I was just passing along what the actual outfit members said on witetaps as I think generally those are pretty accurate
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote:Only time I can think of is 1992-1994, when DiFeonzo and Carlisle were in prison. I guess Andriacchi could have been acting for DiFrondo but who really knows.
I think your right about joey A having the seat then lombardo was still on supervised release then and laying low my thought was that the clown was probably more late 90's based on available info maybe after johnny apes died
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Sorry for the typos, auto-correct on my phone doesn't like Italian names lol.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Regardless of his position technically if you look at the outfit as it always was with a 3 man leadership panel Lombardo was part of that with no nose and joey a from early 90's to the time of family secrets. Remember joey a and the clown are cousins and were close. So if he was boss or advisor it's hard to be sure but he was certainly part of the leadership
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

I don't think the clown was ever the top boss. Think he was DiFronzo's advisor. Can't remember were I read that DiFronzo always asked Lombardo's advise on big decisions. But he is probably the most one of the most famous Chicago Outfit men ever. Probably right behind Capone ,Nitti and Giancana.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I don't think he was ever top boss. His parole restrictions would have made it very difficult. However, he was probably one of the top three or four guys regardless.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I agree with Snakes.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

Yes I agree too. I think the charts were actually right about him being Consiglieri. But not top boss like Accardo was was Chairman and Consiglieri. Don't you believe No nose replaced Accardo as chairman and Monteleone was the front or street boss.
Frank
Full Patched

Post by Frank »

The only other person that could of replaced Accardo in my opinion would be Aiuppa but he was in jail . But most of the official bosses in NY are in prison. Did Aiuppa have the power in his year back on the streets.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Frank wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:51 pm Did Aiuppa have the power in his year back on the streets.
Aiuppa was brought in by a non-Italian member John Moore aka Claude Maddox, who in turn was heavily involved in union racketeering and slot machine business so when Maddox died in the mid 1950's, Auippa inherited everything together with his two prime associates Robert Ansani and Joe Corngold, the guy who brought in faces such as Turk Torello
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

In addition heres one convo from Torello regarding the old days...

https://www.maryferrell.org/showDoc.htm ... o_corngold
Do not be deceived, neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality, nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God - Corinthians 6:9-10
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

What did New York do what made them savages in Accardo's eyes? I cannot think of more gruesome murders that happened in New York than in Chicago. I think the Outfit was responsible for more murders than one of the Five Families. More loose cannons in Chicago as well. Was he getting senile when he made that response?
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Probably concerning the killing of their own guys. The vast majority of men killed by Chicago were associates. Just an opinion, though.
Villain
Filthy Few

Post by Villain »

Lupara wrote: Mon Aug 07, 2017 4:52 am What did New York do what made them savages in Accardo's eyes? I cannot think of more gruesome murders that happened in New York than in Chicago. I think the Outfit was responsible for more murders than one of the Five Families. More loose cannons in Chicago as well. Was he getting senile when he made that response?
Because of the high profile murders Mangano, Anastasia, Colombo, Eboli, Banana wars etc. which most occurred during the time when the mob was on its highest level. And what Snakes already pointed out is true