Merlino brags about killing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Merlino brags about killing

Post by joeycigars »

Chucky wrote: Sat Jul 29, 2017 2:35 pm I think the Merlino/Scarfo era rivalry is a little overblown, there's evidence to suggest that there's a working relationship between both camps. Joe Pungitore fought Joe Grande because Grande was still loyal to Scarfo, and when Pungitore was released he went directly to Ligambi & Staino told them that Grande should be killed. Frank Narducci Jr. attended the Christmas party that got Mazzone in some hot water, and entered the Joe Malone's alongside Angelina & Nicodemo. Then you have guys like Ciancaglini Sr. and Ligambi who seem to have a foot in both camps.

Just my opinion.
Yep Chucky very over blown I agree ...Going back to the Burno , Scarfo and Stanfa years there was always different camps and factions sometimes on the same Street sometimes in different states, This is a good time for theses guys in Philly most are on the street and there is legitimate income being made even Merlino tried to work at his restaurant
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

off subject, but ill be passing through Philly, where should I get a cheese steak?

I have heard dalessandros, tony lukes, jims steaks,Steves prince of stakes? Phillips maybe?

Opinions?
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Jim's on South St is my preference, and Joe's Steaks (used to be Chinks) is another good one, but if you want a really good sandwich...head to the Reading Terminal market and grab yourself a roast pork sandwich at Dinic's...better than any steak sandwich in my opinion.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Chucky wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:01 pm Jim's on South St is my preference, and Joe's Steaks (used to be Chinks) is another good one, but if you want a really good sandwich...head to the Reading Terminal market and grab yourself a roast pork sandwich at Dinic's...better than any steak sandwich in my opinion.
Tommy Dinic's Italian Roasted pork and broccoli rabe sandwich...Quintessential Philadelphia. It blows any cheesesteak out of the water. My cousin lives in Royersford, PA, she turned me onto the the Dinic sandwich about 20 years ago.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Philly & Pittsburgh has some unique cuisine. Love the food in both cities
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I like Philip's Steaks (started by and previously owned by Phil Narducci, now owned by the Baldino's).

Also, Please none of you local Philly guys jump down my throat on this but I love the Lobster Cheesesteak from Chickie's and Pete's on Packer Ave in South Philly, I know! I've been to the Original Chickies in the Northeast too, it's just a corner bar- it's cool to stop by and see where it all started: I have been to all the Jersey and Philadelphia Chickies and Pete's locations.
ShotgunTheRifle
Straightened out

Post by ShotgunTheRifle »

Fughedaboutit wrote: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:31 pm off subject, but ill be passing through Philly, where should I get a cheese steak?

I have heard dalessandros, tony lukes, jims steaks,Steves prince of stakes? Phillips maybe?

Opinions?
DALESSANDRO'S, Chink's and Sonny's are my favorite. But I agree you should hit up reading terminal. It's basically a food flea market. But with good food.
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

Definitely agree on the dinic's sandwich being the best in Philly, that sharp provolone cuts right through the Rabe. Tony Luke's ain't bad either
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

I went to Jims on South Street...pretty damn good

I didnt have time to venture further south or I may have visited Stogie Joes or 11th and Jackson lol
"I wanna hear some noise." "Tell Salvie to clean the boat, the whole boat top to bottom" -Nicodemo "Nicky" Scarfo Sr"
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

NJShore4Life wrote: Wed Aug 02, 2017 7:28 am I like Philip's Steaks (started by and previously owned by Phil Narducci, now owned by the Baldino's).

Also, Please none of you local Philly guys jump down my throat on this but I love the Lobster Cheesesteak from Chickie's and Pete's on Packer Ave in South Philly, I know! I've been to the Original Chickies in the Northeast too, it's just a corner bar- it's cool to stop by and see where it all started: I have been to all the Jersey and Philadelphia Chickies and Pete's locations.
are you the guy that mentioned cheerleaders before?

I had to go to Medford and passed it if so lol
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Oh reading terminal is north...regardless same deal I needed somewhere right over the bridge basically
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

I've been to Cheerleaders before, it's the best!
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

NJShore4Life wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:06 am I've been to Cheerleaders before, it's the best!
Afternoon so probably not the A team there lol
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

Cheerleaders is where Baldino got into an altercation with his Uncle Phil Narducci. Baldino was there with Johnny Chang (who he's under).
Fughedaboutit
Full Patched

Post by Fughedaboutit »

Oh shit, thats cool to know