General Mob Questions

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Geordiebutch99
Associate

Re: General Mob Questions

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

Are the Five Families currently inducting new members or are the books closed?
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

What would be the average weekly revenue for a soldier, capo, underboss, consigliere, and boss of one of the five families. I know this is a hard question to answer but just a ballpark figure for each would be sufficient.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:52 pm Are the Five Families currently inducting new members or are the books closed?

Yes they are still inducting new members.

Geordiebutch99 wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:17 pm What would be the average weekly revenue for a soldier, capo, underboss, consigliere, and boss of one of the five families. I know this is a hard question to answer but just a ballpark figure for each would be sufficient.

Impossible to answer. Depends on the member. Many are wealthy, many are broke and many fall somewhere in the middle. Many constantly fluctuate between all three depending on their individual circumstances.

Welcome to the forum. 8-)

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

When did Paolo Gambino die?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

toto wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2017 9:43 am When did Paolo Gambino die?

If you mean Carlo's brother he died in 1974 I believe.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Ok. Thanks.
Geordiebutch99
Associate

Post by Geordiebutch99 »

I read a recent article that the five families banned murder. I know this can't be true. Could they be talking about pulling the trigger to make your bones or members not killing as many people as Roy Demeo or Tommy Pitera? I ask this because I know that the five families still carry out murder contracts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

For a period in the mid 90s (about late 1993-1998) they did put a moratorium on murders though I'm sure a few still happened on the sneak. That is no longer the case though and hasn't been for a while now.

Pogo
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Does anyone know if Jackie D'Amico's son is in the life/straightened out?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Hey guys, I've always wondered who determined or set the cap for the 5 families? Number of soldiers for each fam, was it Lucky? And when was it set?

Thanks
Laurentian
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Laurentian »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:29 am Hey guys, I've always wondered who determined or set the cap for the 5 families? Number of soldiers for each fam, was it Lucky? And when was it set?

Thanks

There are two books that could answer your question.

1) Critchley, David, The origin of Organized Crime in America. The New York City Mafia, 1891-1931. Routledge, New York, 2009.

2) Dash, Mike, The First Family. The Birth of the American Mafia. Doubleday, 2009.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

AlexfromSouth wrote: Sat Aug 05, 2017 3:29 am Hey guys, I've always wondered who determined or set the cap for the 5 families? Number of soldiers for each fam, was it Lucky? And when was it set?

Thanks
I think the crime family caps came from Mob Boss: The Life of Little Al D'Arco by Jerry Capeci and Tom Robbins. Personally, I think it's dubious. None of the other informants I recall said anything about caps, at least none of those before D'Arco.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Vinny Palermo said the DeCavalcante family had a membership cap at 75. If they had one I'm sure the NY families had them as well.

Pogo
AlexfromSouth
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by AlexfromSouth »

Thanks guys, it was always strange to me that the lucchese cap was so low being thst Tommy Lucchese was so powerfull.
yatescj7781
Straightened out

Post by yatescj7781 »

The cap thing only really took place after it was found out that Anastasia and company were selling memberships for 50k. After that, you could only make a new guy if another made guy had died by natural causes. That rule was to prevent a current made guy getting whacked just to make a guy you were tight with.