Could you be a wiseguy???

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Eddie mush
Straightened out

Could you be a wiseguy???

Post by Eddie mush »

Hey guys we all sit around here And talk about Lcn so my question is do you think tou could mKe a living being a wise guy ??
I'll even take jail out of it , just do you have the stomach and nerves to live in that workd?? Always looking over your Shoulder, not knowing where your next score is coming from And making money off other people "s misery.

Not me I grew up in. A mob areA during the 80"s seen it first hand and always knew I wanted to mAke a legit living .
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Could you be a wiseguy???

Post by B. »

I think a better question would be, "Could you post on the Gangsters BB board?"
phatmatress
Straightened out

Post by phatmatress »

Oh Jesus we have a jimmyirish on our hands....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Come on guy's he is just asking the question. Eddie is a good guy. 8-)

As for the question no I could never do it. I would not be able to live that sort of parasitical lifestyle. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

For me it's twofold. As a father of a 2.5 year old with another on the way in May, not a chance. I'm a different person than I was prior to meeting my wife. However, if it was the 1920's-1960's, those were different times and I could have easily made a living bookmaking. I ran a bookmaking operation in college with two other guys, only took bets on college and pro football and we cleared close to $2500 per week each. When my dad realized what was going on, he wasn't happy to say the least. My dad grew up with quite a few guys who became pretty big in the landscape of OC in the greater Youngstown area, but my dad was a straight arrow, so he had his close friend Ernie have a chat with me. Needless to say, we closed the book down after we graduated and I went off to grad school in Rhode Island. Ironically, when I entered grad school in 2000 in Newport, RI, one of my professors was a Captain on the Providence Police Department and also a lawyer. The FBI showed up one evening at Salve Regina University and took Captain Jack Ryan to FBI HQ for questioning in Operation Plunderdome. He ended up taking early retirement and was finally allowed to keep his pension, as he got caught up with Mayor Buddy Cianci. My answer would have to be no in today's organized crime landscape, the best days are well behind us.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Come on guy's he is just asking the question. Eddie is a good guy. 8-)

As for the question no I could never do it. I would not be able to live that sort of parasitical lifestyle. I wouldn't be able to live with myself.

Pogo
I'm just giving him a hard time.

As for me, I had dinner with a Philly capo last night who told me that if I had wanted it, I could have gotten my button during the Stanfa years and I probably would have given Merlino a run for his money... he said I might even be the boss today. He said he's happy I turned it down, though, because now I can post on the mob forums without breaking omerta.
Five Felonies
Full Patched

Post by Five Felonies »

keep the personal shots out of here, there's an entire section devoted to saying whatever the hell you want to somebody. it's really the equivalent of lighting a cigarette inside a bar when you can take 2 steps outside with no problems!
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Are you asking would I run for government? Cause those are the real wiseguys.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

JCB1977 wrote:For me it's twofold. As a father of a 2.5 year old with another on the way in May, not a chance. I'm a different person than I was prior to meeting my wife. However, if it was the 1920's-1960's, those were different times and I could have easily made a living bookmaking. I ran a bookmaking operation in college with two other guys, only took bets on college and pro football and we cleared close to $2500 per week each. When my dad realized what was going on, he wasn't happy to say the least. My dad grew up with quite a few guys who became pretty big in the landscape of OC in the greater Youngstown area, but my dad was a straight arrow, so he had his close friend Ernie have a chat with me. Needless to say, we closed the book down after we graduated and I went off to grad school in Rhode Island. Ironically, when I entered grad school in 2000 in Newport, RI, one of my professors was a Captain on the Providence Police Department and also a lawyer. The FBI showed up one evening at Salve Regina University and took Captain Jack Ryan to FBI HQ for questioning in Operation Plunderdome. He ended up taking early retirement and was finally allowed to keep his pension, as he got caught up with Mayor Buddy Cianci. My answer would have to be no in today's organized crime landscape, the best days are well behind us.
Would that be Ernie Biondillo? Did you go to YSU? I did :)
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I wanna be a gangster, thinking I'm a wiseguy, rob another bank, I'm a sock-em-in-the-eye guy, tank head, Mr. Bonnie and Clyde Guy. Look him in the eye he's not my kinda guy. Never be confusion proof. Pudding's sweet, but too aloof.

Crooked as a hooker, now suck my thumb! Anybody wanna come get some :!: :?:
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Chris Christie wrote:I wanna be a gangster, thinking I'm a wiseguy, rob another bank, I'm a sock-em-in-the-eye guy, tank head, Mr. Bonnie and Clyde Guy. Look him in the eye he's not my kinda guy. Never be confusion proof. Pudding's sweet, but too aloof.

If you have to ask...you'll never know....
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The Greek wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:For me it's twofold. As a father of a 2.5 year old with another on the way in May, not a chance. I'm a different person than I was prior to meeting my wife. However, if it was the 1920's-1960's, those were different times and I could have easily made a living bookmaking. I ran a bookmaking operation in college with two other guys, only took bets on college and pro football and we cleared close to $2500 per week each. When my dad realized what was going on, he wasn't happy to say the least. My dad grew up with quite a few guys who became pretty big in the landscape of OC in the greater Youngstown area, but my dad was a straight arrow, so he had his close friend Ernie have a chat with me. Needless to say, we closed the book down after we graduated and I went off to grad school in Rhode Island. Ironically, when I entered grad school in 2000 in Newport, RI, one of my professors was a Captain on the Providence Police Department and also a lawyer. The FBI showed up one evening at Salve Regina University and took Captain Jack Ryan to FBI HQ for questioning in Operation Plunderdome. He ended up taking early retirement and was finally allowed to keep his pension, as he got caught up with Mayor Buddy Cianci. My answer would have to be no in today's organized crime landscape, the best days are well behind us.
Yes, Ernie grew up on the Eastside with my dad. His son Tony is a lifelong friend of mine and no, I went to Kent State, from Poland.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

Rocco wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:I wanna be a gangster, thinking I'm a wiseguy, rob another bank, I'm a sock-em-in-the-eye guy, tank head, Mr. Bonnie and Clyde Guy. Look him in the eye he's not my kinda guy. Never be confusion proof. Pudding's sweet, but too aloof.

funky motherfuckers will not...be told to go
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

123JoeSchmo wrote:
Rocco wrote:

funky motherfuckers will not...be told to go
I'm a low brow, but I rock a little know how. No time for the piggies or the hoosegow. Get smart, get down with the pow wow. Never been a better time, than right now.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

JCB1977 wrote:
The Greek wrote:
Yes, Ernie grew up on the Eastside with my dad. His son Tony is a lifelong friend of mine and no, I went to Kent State, from Poland.
Poland! I can't tell you how many speeding tix I got in Poland. Just having PA plates and going 30 was all it took. I didn't know Ernie personally but my dad was a friend of Frankie Lentine's