Peter Limone Died?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Peter Limone Died?

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Antiliar wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:17 am Howie Carr wrote an article mentioning Limone's passing:

http://www.bostonherald.com/news/column ... of_the_fbi
A slightly anti G piece.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

When Limone and others were framed, I agree that the FBI were scumbags, but out of the 4 wrongly convicted, I think Tameleo deserved to die in jail anyway, because he had really ordered people killed, even ones who weren't murderers themselves and didn't deserve to die. He even got convicted for the Marfeo and Melei murders, but strangely, instead of life in prison for 1st degree murder, he got 5 years for conspiracy to commit murder. Later he got this life sentence for the Deegan hit he didn't order. But, had he gotten life for those other 2 he DID order, he wouldn't have made headlines as a "martyr", since his death in prison wouldn't be the result of the wrongful conviction then. He and the FBI agents who framed him and were friends with the Winter Hill gang, they all deserved to die in nearby prison cells, or maybe it would have been better to put them in the same one, so they could kill each other. I am sorry for Salvati especially, Limone and Greco I don't know whether they have ever killed anyone, but anyway, staying in jail for so long, for something they didn't do, is an injustice, I agree. But Tameleo was an arrogant piece of trash who was no better than those corrupt scumbags who framed him. By the way, the Deegan hit committed by Barboza and 3 others, 2 of whom were convicted together with the 4 framed ones, it was still authorized by Raymond Patriarca, so why didn't Barboza testify against him too, so he could be put in jail for life with the others? In this case, they wouldn't even need to fabricate evidence or tell lies, since Patriarca was guilty and sending him to jail would have given them more benefits than doing that to Tameleo alone: a jailed boss makes more headlines for the FBI than the underboss, and their Winter Hill friends would have been happy too, with their competition weakened. It doesn't make sense to me, if they told lies to put those 4 away, why didn't they tell the convenient parts of truth too, about Patriarca? Landing him in jail would have brought them more benefits, both as ambitions FBI agents who wanted promotion, and as rival criminals who wanted the Winter Hill gang to take over instead of the Cosa Nostra.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

Another old guy passed away,he would deserve a great funeral because he had more courage than some trigger happy wannabes (damn 33 y as innocent and turn back in life after gain 26 milions).

http://gangsterreport.com/crazy-like-a- ... way-at-83/

Scott Burnstein,East Coast and Featured and Mafia and Mafia Insider

Maybe he wasn’t so crazy after all. New England mafia don Peter (The Crazy Horse) Limone died early this week of cancer at 83, having successfully avoided going back to prison after being sprung nearly two decades ago following serving 30 years on a wrongful murder conviction and allegedly jumping back into Patriarca crime family affairs with both feet. Hailing from the crime family’s Boston faction, Limone reportedly was named consigliere of the Patriarca clan in 2002 and bumped up to the boss’ chair in 2009.

According to exclusive Gangster Report sources, the younger generation in the New England mafia called Limone, “The Crazy Horse” due to the fact that some people thought he was nuts for returning to the fold in the mob in the wake of receiving 26 million bucks by way of a civil lawsuit filed against the government for wrongful imprisonment. In the end, Limone got the last laugh. Expect for a brief brush with the law in the 2000s, he stayed out of trouble…..and out of handcuffs and the clink.

Born and raised on Boston’s Westside, the Crazy Horse became a fast-riser in the area’s underworld at a young age in the late 1950s and early 1960s, being groomed by the crime family’s then underboss Enrico (Henry the Referee) Tameleo. In 1968, Limone, Tameleo and two others were found guilty of the 1965 gangland slaying of Boston Irish mobster Teddy Deegan based on the testimony of infamous Patriarca syndicate enforcer and informant Joe (The Animal) Barboza, who as it later turned out was lying for personal reasons.

Tameleo died behind bars in 1985, 16 years before two of his co-defendants were exonerated and walked free in 2001. Barboza was murdered living under an assumed identity in San Francisco, California in 1976. Per informants, the man driving the getaway car in the Barboza hit was Limone’s one-time acting boss Anthony (Spucky) Spagnolo, slated for release from prison on a federal extortion conviction later this year.

Limone pled no contest to racketeering charges in state court in July 2010 and received a light sentence of five years of probation. He resided in the Boston suburb of Medford, Massachusetts for most of his adult life and is the third New England mob figure to die of natural causes in the last several months – Patriarca soldier Ralph (Ralphie Chong) Lamattina and Patriarca captain Anthony (The Saint) St. Laurent each passed recently. Lamattina spawned from the Family’s Boston wing, dying in the spring. St. Laurent ran a crew in Providence, Rhode Island and controlled gambling activity in parts of southern Massachusetts prior to losing a long battle with failing health last fall.

Mobologists on the east coast expect Carmen (The Big Cheese) DiNunzio, Limone’s acting boss and protégé, to be immediately promoted to full-fledged Godfather status. DiNunzio, 58, had been the Patriarca’s underboss from 2004 until his own racketeering bust in 2008 and subsequent six-and-a-half years of incarceration. Based out of the Gemini Social Club in Boston’s North End, the Big Cheese was sprung from the can in 2015 and will officially be off parole in July.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

You think the Feds didn't really come after limone or would only indict 100 percent air tight case because of that wrongful conviction
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
dixiemafia
Full Patched

Post by dixiemafia »

dwalin, Patriarca was well insulated and Barboza had nothing on him. The guys who passed it down the chain were snared in that trial.

Stroccos, I think the Feds never really came after him because of that. They were already embarrassed by his case and would have sure enough taken a big hit had they been ready to send him away for a while yet again.
If I didn't have my case coming up, I would like to come back with you gentlemen when this is over with and really lay the law down what is going on in this country.....
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 10:27 am You think the Feds didn't really come after limone or would only indict 100 percent air tight case because of that wrongful conviction
Boston FBI office already took a horrendous black eye. Probably told to lay off him "unless" they had evidence of serious crimes like murder. Plus, what did he really do in the end? How effective a boss was he? He took over in 2009 and immediately got sick. The cancer caused dementia, he was a figure head boss, put in place because they have nobody else besides Cheese. Organization is at a standing 8
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Was it ever really confirmed that he was boss?
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Snakes wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2017 12:13 pm Was it ever really confirmed that he was boss?
Allegedly
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

I beliveve he was confirmed as the new Boss in 2009. I believe again in 2011. Not sure how long he kept it after that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
TJ
Straightened out

Post by TJ »

I think he was at one point acting, but hasn't been in that capacity for a long time...standing 8 is a great way to put it, just nothing out there..sure, there are some old timers that have hit street and last decade, and some younger kids with balls..but..there just isn't anything left
tmarotta
Straightened out

Post by tmarotta »

I agree with TJ that maybe at one point Limone was the acting boss, but never the official boss. It has been my belief for years that Cheese has been the boss since Baby Shacks stepped down, and I still believe it. Limone was never publicly identified by any law enforcement agency as the boss. He (Limone) was only mentioned in several news reports as being the boss based on "law enforcement and underworld sources." However, in all the indictments post 2008, Limone was never mentioned as the boss or in any administrative capacity. In my opinion, Limone always had status in the family and I believe that he served in an advisory capacity similar to what Vincent Ferrara and Biagio DiGiacamo allegedly do. Just my two cents hopefully in the near future information will come out as to who if anyone took over for Baby Shacks.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

This was easily one of the least covered Mob Boss's funeral. Short mob career when you think about it. This family is shrinking into oblivion. Not enough young guys, attrition catching up

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Eddie mush
Straightened out

Post by Eddie mush »

They did it to themselves there were some good prospects in the 90's they chase to overlook . There was a crew of kids who hung around a club in eastie a couple of these kids were capable . Good earners and believe it or not sharp kids . They never got a look and at leAst 2 of them went on to make good money in the legit world.

When u dont rebuild the ranks your organization dies whether its LCN or a vfw. Always need new blood
mr white
Straightened out

Post by mr white »

Same with the Medford kids at the turn of the century.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Govt ever pay him that $25mil?
I get it....first rule of fight club.