Gambino Family members party

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Re: Gambino Family members party

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

http://nypost.com/2017/05/18/mobster-so ... arraigned/

Basically the same article as Willy posted but indicates the whack job was trying to flirt with a female clerk.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

nick corrozzo claimed him., frank martin years ago came up front for several beefs..he is a south bklyn guy.. mentally unstable ,no joke
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

There was a Liborio Bellomo from Corleone around the age to be Barney Bellomo's grandfather or great-grandfather. He served prison time in the US at one point. Seems possible he was his grandfather (though he'd be a little bit old) given the naming tradition and Corleone origin, but maybe returned to Sicily where Salvatore Bellomo was born. Salvatore Bellomo is an obscure character. Aside from what Cafaro has said, what is known about him?

Also Toto -- are the LoVerdes you're talking about from Palermo? Would be pretty amazing if they were related to early Chicago boss Salvatore LoVerde of Palermo.
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

Some Genovese family associates were born in sicily but I never found any link of them being close to sicilian mobsters

The Lo Verde's were not in any photo I could see but a relative of them was there, someone just related to them and not to the Gambino's. Silvestro emerged to be very close to Frank Calì. Yes B., they are from Palermo, Lo Verde is a common surname anyway, don't expect a familiar relationship
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Hey Bronx, what is Lenny's rep in Brooklyn? generally liked?
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Cheech wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 8:38 am Hey Bronx, what is Lenny's rep in Brooklyn? generally liked?
For what it's worth Andrew DiDonato's book states Lenny was very well liked (whilst Nicky C. Was a bastard).

But he was only an associate and was chased and flipped a long time ago.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

thanks SB
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Okay. Was Settineri there or any of the Parrelli family or maybe somebody else from Calabria? What about the friends of the Gambinos and Inzerillos from Carini family? I know you said Settineri may be Gambino member but I am sure he is a member of Pagliarelli.

B. - Salvatore Lo Verde was a relative of Gioacchino Pennino ex-boss Brancaccio.
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

very well liked Cheech very funny guy always smiling and a real street guy..
felice
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by felice »

toto wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 12:27 pm Okay. Was Settineri there or any of the Parrelli family or maybe somebody else from Calabria? What about the friends of the Gambinos and Inzerillos from Carini family? I know you said Settineri may be Gambino member but I am sure he is a member of Pagliarelli.

B. - Salvatore Lo Verde was a relative of Gioacchino Pennino ex-boss Brancaccio.
Settineri is in jail. Yes, a Parrelli was there. There was a guy from Carini but he's a legit guy
Settineri is a made guy of the pagliarelli family, when he moved to NY he was put on the records with the Gambino family, an FBI source indicated him as soldier reporting to Frank Di Stefano, he could have been made there again
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Interesting, I didn't know he was in jail. I only saw the photos of him from 1-2 years ago where was out jail.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

felice wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 pm Settineri is a made guy of the pagliarelli family, when he moved to NY he was put on the records with the Gambino family, an FBI source indicated him as soldier reporting to Frank Di Stefano, he could have been made there again
Can guys get made twice? In the states and Italy?
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 6:30 am
felice wrote: Fri May 19, 2017 11:23 pm Settineri is a made guy of the pagliarelli family, when he moved to NY he was put on the records with the Gambino family, an FBI source indicated him as soldier reporting to Frank Di Stefano, he could have been made there again
Wasn't this the case with guys like Bonventre, Amato and Catalano?
I've read that the only thing a made men from the other side can't be is boss of an American family, which was the case with Sal Catalano in the early 80's.
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by toto »

Catalano only a member of Bonanno family and same for the other two.

I think the intelligence about Settineri is wrong and he's only associate of Gambino family. Too many times they assume "he's made over there" - and so I think this is also a case where the intelligence assumes this.

Anyway Settineri is an interesting guy for other reasons.
Camo
Straightened out

Post by Camo »

BillyBrizzi wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 12:26 pm
SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sat May 20, 2017 6:30 am
I've read that the only thing a made men from the other side can't be is boss of an American family
Is that actually a rule? Surely at least one of the early bosses must have been made in Italy. If none of them were then fair enough but that's very surprising.