Michael Franzese

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Meatball
Straightened out

Re: Michael Franzese

Post by Meatball »

He was on the local news here a few days ago...

http://wgntv.com/2016/12/01/former-new- ... p-chicago/
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Michael Franzese

Post by FriendofFamily »

FriendofFamily wrote:
Soliai wrote:Who said this "Get this POS out of my Face"?......Soliai
It was in his movie we saw. Names of the three people he met with weren't mentioned that I recall. That was the last thing said in the meeting by the "boss of the meeting " I don't know a date when this meeting happened.

I don't know when that two hour is available. It may be now but I don't know for sure.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
In the Movie:
At the beginning of the Meeting the Boss says I should cut your filthy heart out.

Michael says "Me bringing in a half a billion - I don't think so".

Also he said that he had 12-15 Made Men (Soldiers) around him all the time. No names mentioned.
Know which Game to Play
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

He was made in a Catering Hall that Anthony Columbo owned in Brooklyn with Five others to be Made on October 31, 1975. There was the Boss, Under Boss one one side, Consigliere on another and the Capos outside of them.
This is what he said in Blood Covenant:

"In the exact middle of the U was Tom DiBella, the Family boss. Tom DiBella´s left was the Family consigliere, Alphonse "Allie Boy" Persico, Carmine´s brother. (Normally the Family underboss would have been to DiBella´s right, but at that time there was no underboss.)"

He´s either bullshitthing you, or his mind isn´t in this Q & A. Ask him to please take this seriously.

He and the other five new inductees that evening can not have been made in 1975. The books were closed at that time. They reopened in early 1976 after being closed for nearly 20 years.
There you have it, never printed before.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

HK,

He consistently says Halloween 1975. It's a memorable date, so if he's mistaken there must be a reason why he recalls the 1975 date. Maybe the Colombos were allowed to induct five people in as an exception to replace deceased members, I don't know. Whatever the explanation, he firmly believes he was made on October 31, 1975.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

I believe someone figured that he was made on Halloween 1977, as Andy Russo had already been promoted to captain and there may have been other circumstantial info that puts it in place. It's strange that members get their year of induction wrong, but it does happen.

There was also a Bonanno ceremony on or around Halloween 1977, when Frank Lino and others were brought in. Sometimes it seems the five families have ceremonies around the same time.
LcnBios
Straightened out

Post by LcnBios »

Casso also got his induction off by a couple of years. At one point the claim was 1974, elsewhere he reported being made after killing Lee Schleifer, a murder that took place in Summer 1976.

Vitale and Tartaglione did the same. Both believed it was 1983, but when questioned more specifically Vitale said it was after Cesare Bonventre's murder (April 1984), after the meeting that got Rastelli's parole violated (June 1984), and before Stefano Cannone died (Sep 1985). That with a few other details puts the likely date about Fall 1984.

Franzese mentions the Family not having an Underboss. In October 1975 the Underboss was Anthony Abbatemarco, and he held that position until early 1977, after which he was demoted and spot remained vacant until Persico was upped around 1980. Franzese also identifies his captain as Andrew Russo, who wasn't even a made member until months later in early 1976. Russo also wasn't promoted to captain until early 1977, about the same time as Abbatemarco was demoted. This fits a Halloween 1977 date much better than 1975.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I can see how he got the day right (Halloween) but the year wrong. It's easy when you try to recall events from 20 or 30 years ago, and this is almost 40 years ago. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast a few days ago, so it doesn't bother me. There's no intent to deceive, it's just a mistake.

Another story on Franzese in Chicago: http://wgntv.com/2016/12/07/mobster-tur ... y-inmates/
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Antiliar wrote:I can see how he got the day right (Halloween) but the year wrong. It's easy when you try to recall events from 20 or 30 years ago, and this is almost 40 years ago. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast a few days ago, so it doesn't bother me. There's no intent to deceive, it's just a mistake.

Another story on Franzese in Chicago: http://wgntv.com/2016/12/07/mobster-tur ... y-inmates/

On the Subject of Chicago Inmates - he said Saturday to a Group of us that He will NOT be involved in any Chicago Prisoner Programs - because none of them Work - they all fail and he won't be involved. He was pretty emphatic about that.
Know which Game to Play
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Antiliar wrote:I can see how he got the day right (Halloween) but the year wrong. It's easy when you try to recall events from 20 or 30 years ago, and this is almost 40 years ago. I can't even remember what I had for breakfast a few days ago, so it doesn't bother me. There's no intent to deceive, it's just a mistake.
Exactly. Getting it wrong by a couple of years doesn't somehow make Franzese look more important or anything.

As far as these guys often getting their year of induction wrong, you have to figure this event wasn't documented anywhere and they didn't have a chance to plan for a specific date. They were told, often at the last minute, to get dressed in a suit and show up at a location. At least with a marriage or other life event the date is usually planned, then documented somewhere and your wife or other people are going to remind you of the anniversary or etc. Once these guys are made, they don't have someone saying, "Hey, let's go celebrate the ten year anniversary of your making ceremony."
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

FriendofFamily wrote:

On the Subject of Chicago Inmates - he said Saturday to a Group of us that He will NOT be involved in any Chicago Prisoner Programs - because none of them Work - they all fail and he won't be involved. He was pretty emphatic about that.
He probably wants something with a spiritual or religious emphasis and the government programs don't allow that (I am surmising). From Franzese's point of view (and mine too, but others are free to disagree), the belief in God (or at least a higher power) gives hope, and that hope is necessary to change one's life and leave permanent results with a higher degree of success than a secular program that doesn't even allow discussion of a higher power. Sort of like a 12-step program.
B. wrote:
Exactly. Getting it wrong by a couple of years doesn't somehow make Franzese look more important or anything.

As far as these guys often getting their year of induction wrong, you have to figure this event wasn't documented anywhere and they didn't have a chance to plan for a specific date. They were told, often at the last minute, to get dressed in a suit and show up at a location. At least with a marriage or other life event the date is usually planned, then documented somewhere and your wife or other people are going to remind you of the anniversary or etc. Once these guys are made, they don't have someone saying, "Hey, let's go celebrate the ten year anniversary of your making ceremony."
Absolutely
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

Just a little Update:

Michael Franzese has read my message overnight in the wee hours of the morning and is reviewing the Questions that I gave him. I don't have a Timeline when to expect an answer just yet.

So I will let you know as soon as I know.
Know which Game to Play
FriendofFamily
Full Patched

Post by FriendofFamily »

So I spoke to someone who is a lot closer to Michael than me. He had asked him straight out a couple of questions about certain people we are interested in and Michael said to him that he isn't going to be answering those type of questions.

So unless he has a change of heart about it. I wouldn't be expecting any answers.
Know which Game to Play
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Awww I wanna learn more about Jeebus!
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Lupara
Full Patched

Re: RE: Re: Michael Franzese

Post by Lupara »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Awww I wanna learn more about Jeebus!
Surely Michael couldn't avoid questions asked by the son of God.

"How many did thy kill my son?"
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I think Lupara is onto something!
We just need to frame this as a confessional!
"Michael, for two hail Mary's and four our fathers.... Is Sonny more likely to take over as UB or Consig upon his release?"
:lol:
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.