William (Billy Bones) DePena stabbing

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

William (Billy Bones) DePena stabbing

Post by moneyman »

http://gangsterreport.com/philadelphia- ... the-street.

Lancellotti is now street boss according to Scott.
Chucky
Full Patched

Re: William (Billy Bones) DePena stabbing

Post by Chucky »

DePena was one of the guys I felt may have been in that group of made guys Anastasia alluded to back when he mentioned there was a recent ceremony.

Lance being acting boss would make sense, Merlino told Parrello that Lance was his "main man" in Philadelphia.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Why does he write "Don Joey" , how retarded. Is he just making jokes?

What type of demeanor does Lance and the younger made guys have? Are they cool headed?
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

AG777 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:21 pm Why does he write "Don Joey" , how retarded. Is he just making jokes?

What type of demeanor does Lance and the younger made guys have? Are they cool headed?
Lancellotti has had a real long run close to the top for decades .....if not the longest run on the street as a top inner circle guy
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Curious to know where Mazzone fits in now. Maybe they are doing a rotating ruling panel, similar to the Genovese and Gambinos a few years ago.. e.g Merlino has final say if necessary and Mazzone/Lance/Chang handle day to day stuff.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

It might just be Lance. Who knows where that leaves Mazzone & Chang, but neither of the two were brought along with Merlino during the whole visit to NY, in which Merlino was heard telling Parrello that Lance was his "main man" in Philly. It was just Lancelotti & Dominic Grande, whom has for a while been speculated to be Merlino's lead enforcer nowadays. I personally think the fact that the other two not being along for the trip is quite telling.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I'd have to think Mazzone, Ciancaglini, and Borgesi have equal footing with Lance, his title notwithstanding.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I think they hold high positions no doubt. But I wouldn't say equal footing. Only reason I say this because I'd have to assume that one of three along with Lancelotti would've accompanied Merlino on a high profile visit to NY in which he'd be meeting with a Genovese power. But thats just my opinion.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

I think basing that off of their absence is a bit of a reach, personally.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

In a high profile meeting, in which joint rackets are being planned out and discussed, you don't think the most important members of the admin would be attendance? Not just that, but mainly Merlinos own words of Lancelotti being his "main man in Philadelphia". To me, that seems pretty definitive, I'd understand if he said he was one of his main guys, one of few. But he singularly tells another family whom his main man is in Philly, thus telling them who to operate through.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:56 pm In a high profile meeting, in which joint rackets are being planned out and discussed, you don't think the most important members of the admin would be attendance?

Not necessarily. It would be dangerous for so many high level members to be meeting in the same place. Nowadays the families typically try to avoid that.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Whats Iannarella doing ...Is he active ?
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:11 pm
OlBlueEyesClub wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:56 pm In a high profile meeting, in which joint rackets are being planned out and discussed, you don't think the most important members of the admin would be attendance?

Not necessarily. It would be dangerous for so many high level members to be meeting in the same place. Nowadays the families typically try to avoid that.

Pogo
Thats true, and I believe Parello & O'nofrio only came with one extra person as well, although I'm not positive on that. Wasn't it a Christmas party, though, if I'm not mistaken, reportedly the event was held for "dozens of wiseguys and associates", and other associates (I don't know if Zinzi is a made guy) definitely attended, so I don't know if that'd particularly be an issue on this specific occasion? And I remember the report that Merlino supposedly asked Rubeo for $1500 "for his flight" the next day and ended up getting a $5000 tribute from one of the accomplices of Rubeo. The whole thing was paid for by the FBI though which sort of reinforces your point, lol.

I just don't see Merlino going out of his way to introduce Lance to high-ranking Genovese captains as his "main man", if Lancelotti was really a part of a triumvirate who oversees LCN activity, as opposed to really being on a plane of his own.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Thing is "main man" was just a throwaway line that really could mean anything. I don't think we can extrapolate from that one line that Lancelotti is the Acting Boss.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Even if he isn't acting boss, Lance has status in and outside of Philly, I personally wouldn't be surprised by it...Ligambi is getting up there, and I could see Mazzone & Ciancaglini being hesitant to take that spot given they're already on the feds radar screen to begin with.