Mulberry Street 2016, Is it still active?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

santos
Straightened out

Mulberry Street 2016, Is it still active?

Post by santos »

Does anyone know if mob activity around Mulberry st is still active nowadays?
santos
Straightened out

Re: Mulberry Street 2016, Is it still active?

Post by santos »

I meant 2017 I apologize.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

I'm sure a couple of businesses are owned or are silent partners. But thats the extent of it. You could probably count on your hand the amount of Italians living there.
DonnieB
Straightened out

Post by DonnieB »

Yeah the Chinese mob
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Are there any little Italy's left in New York? I mean streets/neighborhoods with Italian restaurants. Or has everything gone underground?
MarcoW
On Record

Post by MarcoW »

@Lupara

Yes in the Bronx the Arthur Avenue and the near neighborhood. Maybe the best Italian community in New York.

Bensonhurst in Brooklyn has also a Italian community.

Regards
bronx
Full Patched

Post by bronx »

throw a net around staten island ,one big italian nabe
baldo
Straightened out

Post by baldo »

Apparently Chinatown ain't even Chinatown anymore...

http://nypost.com/2017/02/09/chinatown- ... staurants/
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

NickyEyes1 wrote:I'm sure a couple of businesses are owned or are silent partners. But thats the extent of it. You could probably count on your hand the amount of Italians living there.
If they are ...they are paying rent to the Chinese guy who owns the building...lol
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

MarcoW wrote:@Lupara

Yes in the Bronx the Arthur Avenue and the near neighborhood. Maybe the best Italian community in New York.

Regards
Bensonhurst is slipping away to the Russians and the Asian bigtime. Most have moved to Staten lsland or L I. Those with money and I mean allot of money to buy in Dyker Hts and Bay ridge if they want to stay in the "city". Brooklyn has changed bigtime since the 90s. Red Hook, Williamsburg. All Big bucks. Working class Italians really don't live in these areas. If they do they rent. And most are younger who's parents have past on or moved to SI or LI or Jersey.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Rocco wrote:
MarcoW wrote:@Lupara

Regards
Bensonhurst is slipping away to the Russians and the Asian bigtime. Most have moved to Staten lsland or L I. Those with money and I mean allot of money to buy in Dyker Hts and Bay ridge if they want to stay in the "city". Brooklyn has changed bigtime since the 90s. Red Hook, Williamsburg. All Big bucks. Working class Italians really don't live in these areas. If they do they rent. And most are younger who's parents have past on or moved to SI or LI or Jersey. Howard Beach is hanging on though if we are talking about Italian "homeowners".
Charlie
Straightened out

Post by Charlie »

Arthur Avenue as an Italian community is a thing of the past
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Charlie wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:13 pm Arthur Avenue as an Italian community is a thing of the past

When I was on Arthur Ave I was completely FOOLED by the Albanians eating clams outside. They spoke perfect Italian. East Bronx/Pizzaboy had to tell me that those were Albanians, not Italians :lol:

I go back every year. Who is that guy, he's like 90 something and he works the parking lot, watching over everybody cars? I think he was the only real Italian there. Giggle. Just kidding.

Why did they close Palombo's?
Jimmy_the_gent
Straightened out

Post by Jimmy_the_gent »

AG777 wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2017 11:45 am Who is that guy, he's like 90 something and he works the parking lot, watching over everybody cars? I think he was the only real Italian there. Giggle. Just kidding.

Old man Joe, from Marios Restaurant.
"Life is like a sandwich. No matter which way you flip it, the bread comes first."
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Mulberry Street 2016, Is it still active? Yes . The Chinese are Very active there.......