Bruno Family Map

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

B.
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Bruno Family Map

Post by B. »

This is great. Do you know what years it represents?

They always had a significant presence in Jersey, to the point where I'm more comfortable referring to them with the formal, historic name of "Philadelphia-South Jersey Family" than anything else.
Chaps
Straightened out

Post by Chaps »

I had to dig back through the paper archives on this one but I thought I remembered the original source. This map is from the Pennsylvania Crime Commission Report from 1980. It was actually published right after Bruno was murdered and Testa became Boss. I have a photocopied version of it and I don't have a scanner. It has some interesting photos in it besides the map including a picture of Cous' Little Italy where Bruno had his last supper.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

I wonder if there's one on Pittsburgh.

http://s1.postimg.org/59o6gsp3j/buffalino.jpg
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

It's weird how they've never had much if any presence around Toms River or that part of the coast. It's right in their territory but it's always been associated with DeCavalcante or NY guys and usually on an individual basis. I can't even think of one Philly guy who lived or had operations there, can anyone else?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Scarfo's Uncle lived in Seaside Park. Bruno family also had a piece of Grayhound electronic in Lakewood but after Bruno got killed NY crews swooped in and took it.
I think you don't se many Phily guys living in Ocean County is because most Philly and south Jersey folks have traditionally went to shore points south of LBI in Atlantic and Cape May counties. Of course the Newark Crew guys have places in Ocean County etc. Scoops had a place in Toms River on a lagoon close to where Louie Ha Ha place but nothing like Louie's place. Licatas place is a ranch on a lagoon probably still has it. Scoops went to HS with allot of the Genovese newark guys. Graduated in the same class as Mikey Cigars and Joe Queli.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Chris Christie wrote:I wonder if there's one on Pittsburgh.

http://s1.postimg.org/59o6gsp3j/buffalino.jpg
Interesting i wonder what member lived in Easton and looks like NY? I used to go to Old Forge as a kid every summer to see relatives. Great and very different pizzas made there. All Sicilian pie of course ..all squares. That whole area was a big hub of Sicilian and Irish immigrants who left Newark and NYC for work on the mining and railroads that supported the mining industruy some 80yrs ago.