Historical Genovese Leadership Crews

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Antiliar
Full Patched

Re: Historical Genovese Leadership Crews

Post by Antiliar »

HairyKnuckles wrote:A possible early Newark member would be Marco "Mimi" Limandri. Valachi identified him as a made Mafia member. His house in Belleville, NJ was bombed and set on fire in 1932. May have something to do with the conflict the Newark Family had with the Commission at the time. In 1940, he was indicted as part of a massive illegal alcohol ring with other more or less famous mobsters. He relocated to San Diego, California sometime after the WW2.
I believe LiMandri was a Mangano/Gambino going back to D'Aquila. Later part of the Jack Dragna crime family.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Antiliar wrote:
HairyKnuckles wrote:A possible early Newark member would be Marco "Mimi" Limandri. Valachi identified him as a made Mafia member. His house in Belleville, NJ was bombed and set on fire in 1932. May have something to do with the conflict the Newark Family had with the Commission at the time. In 1940, he was indicted as part of a massive illegal alcohol ring with other more or less famous mobsters. He relocated to San Diego, California sometime after the WW2.
I believe LiMandri was a Mangano/Gambino going back to D'Aquila. Later part of the Jack Dragna crime family.
Well, my thinking is that he may have been originally with the Newark Family before he was transfered to be under Mangano. He lived in Belleville and possibly Newark when the Newark Family was formed. It´s a long shot I know, but would be interesting to know who those Newark members were.
There you have it, never printed before.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Guys I gotta tell you... I really appreciate all this research and info you make available. Being a north jersey guy from the Essex county/Passaic county area, living in bloomfield now right down the block from bloomfield ave it really blows my mind the history and crazy shit that has went down in my backyard. Thank you and keep it coming. Rocco if you see this I will pm you later. I just moved back with my girl and my kids. I was dealing with getting my family life back together that's why I was MIA for awhile. This summer was rough for me not living with my family. I'm happy to say we're all in a much better place now.
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

BobbyPazzo wrote:Guys I gotta tell you... I really appreciate all this research and info you make available. Being a north jersey guy from the Essex county/Passaic county area, living in bloomfield now right down the block from bloomfield ave it really blows my mind the history and crazy shit that has went down in my backyard. Thank you and keep it coming. Rocco if you see this I will pm you later. I just moved back with my girl and my kids. I was dealing with getting my family life back together that's why I was MIA for awhile. This summer was rough for me not living with my family. I'm happy to say we're all in a much better place now.
Glad things are working out for you. Since you mentioned Bloomfield you may find this interesting: Cola Schiro, the ex-boss of the Bonanno Family, moved with relatives in Bloomfield after he quit organized crime. Before he died he made Camporeale his home, but he lived in Bloomfield for about a dozen years. He lived at 265 N. 15th Street.
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Antiliar wrote:
BobbyPazzo wrote:Guys I gotta tell you... I really appreciate all this research and info you make available. Being a north jersey guy from the Essex county/Passaic county area, living in bloomfield now right down the block from bloomfield ave it really blows my mind the history and crazy shit that has went down in my backyard. Thank you and keep it coming. Rocco if you see this I will pm you later. I just moved back with my girl and my kids. I was dealing with getting my family life back together that's why I was MIA for awhile. This summer was rough for me not living with my family. I'm happy to say we're all in a much better place now.
Glad things are working out for you. Since you mentioned Bloomfield you may find this interesting: Cola Schiro, the ex-boss of the Bonanno Family, moved with relatives in Bloomfield after he quit organized crime. Before he died he made Camporeale his home, but he lived in Bloomfield for about a dozen years. He lived at 265 N. 15th Street.
Thanks for the info. I mean don't get me wrong, I spent a lot of time around the perna's in my early 20's and I grew up around the life as Much as anyone could to be honest. My family itself wasn't involved aside from my great uncle but when you grow up in this area and are Italian you know someone who's affiliated if not multiple people. It was easy for me to get drawn into it. I did my little gambling package and did some time(not for gambling), learned my lesson and now I talk about it on the Internet lol. Growing up over here it's normal Ya know? Football season comes and I could get a package from like ten different people. Some count and some are nobody's. I got in with the perna's through mike cetta and Leo petrosillo trying to fuck me and one of my players when I was on a 30% sheet. My guy won a couple g's and they didn't wanna pay. My guy wasn't a nobody and we metup(had a sit down) with Ralph perna sr at Wendy's on Franklin ave in Belleville. It went my way because they were wrong and the last thing Mr P. Wants is it going around that his players don't get paid when they win. Especially a punk ass couple g's. I could go on and on but you get the idea of how normal this all is to those of us that are from here. But when I read in depth info of ALL those history it's really mind blowing. I'm young and I can offer "some" first hand knowledge of what thigs are like today in that lifestyle but I dont know shit about the history. I really appreciate the effort and time you guys put forth man. back to west side guys though... Does anyone know rocky from 21st ave in paterson? He got deported now but he was a Gatto's guy and growing up he was the man around my way.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

BobbyPazzo wrote:
Antiliar wrote:
Thanks for the info. I mean don't get me wrong, I spent a lot of time around the perna's in my early 20's and I grew up around the life as Much as anyone could to be honest. My family itself wasn't involved aside from my great uncle but when you grow up in this area and are Italian you know someone who's affiliated if not multiple people. It was easy for me to get drawn into it. I did my little gambling package and did some time(not for gambling), learned my lesson and now I talk about it on the Internet lol. Growing up over here it's normal Ya know? Football season comes and I could get a package from like ten different people. Some count and some are nobody's. I got in with the perna's through mike cetta and Leo petrosillo trying to fuck me and one of my players when I was on a 30% sheet. My guy won a couple g's and they didn't wanna pay. My guy wasn't a nobody and we metup(had a sit down) with Ralph perna sr at Wendy's on Franklin ave in Belleville. It went my way because they were wrong and the last thing Mr P. Wants is it going around that his players don't get paid when they win. Especially a punk ass couple g's. I could go on and on but you get the idea of how normal this all is to those of us that are from here. But when I read in depth info of ALL those history it's really mind blowing. I'm young and I can offer "some" first hand knowledge of what thigs are like today in that lifestyle but I dont know shit about the history. I really appreciate the effort and time you guys put forth man. back to west side guys though... Does anyone know rocky from 21st ave in paterson? He got deported now but he was a Gatto's guy and growing up he was the man around my way.
When you said about how normal it was growing up in the Newark area with the gambling and the hanging out... That's how it was in the Pittsburgh /monroville/ new Kensington / Youngstown areas.... Here the gambling was referred to as the bug juice...a lot of it still goes on in the McKeesport areas illegal lotteries being run out of mom and pop convince stores and "shot and beer joints" with the illegal poker machines. This is a popular meme that has been going around with my local friends on face book. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

phatmatress777 wrote:
BobbyPazzo wrote:
Antiliar wrote:
When you said about how normal it was growing up in the Newark area with the gambling and the hanging out... That's how it was in the Pittsburgh /monroville/ new Kensington / Youngstown areas.... Here the gambling was referred to as the bug juice...a lot of it still goes on in the McKeesport areas illegal lotteries being run out of mom and pop convince stores and "shot and beer joints" with the illegal poker machines. This is a popular meme that has been going around with my local friends on face book. Image
Yea my generation is a joke. I'm about to be 32 a week from today. It'll never be the same again. I mean I used to love going to the cafe and I would drink 15 espresso and play scala and scopa all day just to be around those guys and the life, to hear stories, see how the live and earn, etc... But it's not even like that anymore. I was like 19-20 on cianci street in paterson and 21st ave and I thought I was a big dog lol. Forget about when I would go to cafe intermezzo on bloomfield ave. or when I used to drive joe p around. I was such a tool. I mean I held my own but guys like joe and John p take advantage of young guys and even so,e older ones who are obsessed with the life and watched too many movies. I like to think they really had love for me though. They did me a couple solids over the years. I csnt say nothing bad about them .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

Sorry I added onto your post by mistake
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Do we have a list of early crew members from the Yale, Strollo and Pellegrino crews? Preferably the 20's/30's but I realize most of everything before 1960 becomes vague.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Yale: Carfano (k 1959), Frank Forte (k 1923), Angelo Uale, unsure of the others or if they continued on under Carfano. Newspapers added Michael Abbatemarco, but I think they were mistaken and it was guilt by association.
Strollo: should be in the chart for Eboli, his successor.
Pellegrino: several names like Rosario Mogavero, but I don't know who was part of it in 1931.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

This is a list of who were the capos and possible capos in the Genovese Family in 1931 with successors (the uncomfirmed by probables have question marks):

1. Frankie Yale > Augie Carfano > Jimmy Angelina
2. Vito Genovese > Tony Bender Strollo > Thomas Eboli
3. Ciro Terranova > Michael Coppola > Phil Lombardo
4. Anthony Miranda > Michael Miranda >
5. Lucky Luciano > Thomas Greco > Cosmo Frasca/Anthony DiLorenzo
6. Rocco Pellegrino > Rosario Mogavero
7. Joe Adonis > Jimmy Alo
8. ?Frank Costello
9. ?Chee Gusae
10. ?Dominick “Terry Burns” Didato
11. Willie Moretti >Jerry Catena
12. ?Anthony “Tony Gobels” Ricci
13. ?Alessandro “Sandino” Pandolfo
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

What is the relation between Anthony and Mike Miramda? Thanks.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Antiliar wrote:Yale: Carfano (k 1959), Frank Forte (k 1923), Angelo Uale, unsure of the others or if they continued on under Carfano. Newspapers added Michael Abbatemarco, but I think they were mistaken and it was guilt by association.
Pellegrino: several names like Rosario Mogavero, but I don't know who was part of it in 1931.
Wasn't Giuseppe Piraino/Peraino believed to be part of the Yale crew? I believe Vincenzo "Jimmy Dimino" Generoso was associated with Yale and Cafarno as well back then.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Pogo The Clown wrote:What is the relation between Anthony and Mike Miramda? Thanks.

Pogo
They were brothers.
B. wrote:
Antiliar wrote:Yale: Carfano (k 1959), Frank Forte (k 1923), Angelo Uale, unsure of the others or if they continued on under Carfano. Newspapers added Michael Abbatemarco, but I think they were mistaken and it was guilt by association.
Wasn't Giuseppe Piraino/Peraino believed to be part of the Yale crew? I believe Vincenzo "Jimmy Dimino" Generoso was associated with Yale and Cafarno as well back then.
Yes, I forgot about him, but it could be another case of guilt by association. Based on guilty by association Frank Costello and Albert Anastasia would have been in the same crew.

Also, since Peraino's kids were Colombos I have to wonder if he was really under Mineo/DiBella/Profaci.

Maybe Generoso was part of the Yale/Carfano crew then got his own. Don't have much documentation on him.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

I posted this elsewhere, so I thought it would be good here too:

1931:
Boss: Lucky Luciano
Underboss: Vito Genovese
Consigliere: Saverio Pollaccia (k. 1932)

1932:
B: Luciano
U: Genovese
C: Frank Costello

1936-1945:
B: Luciano
Acting boss: Costello [Joe Valachi says "Chee Gusae" and Willie Moretti were briefly acting bosses around 1936 or so]
Acting underboss: Willie Moretti
C: Costello
Acting consigliere: Alessandro "Sandino" Pandolfo

1947-1948:
B: Costello
C: Pandolfo (died in 1948)

1948-1957:
B: Costello
C: unknown [Michele Miranda was the next known consigliere, but we don't know when he was promoted to this position; we know he was the consigliere under Genovese]

1957-1969:
B: Genovese
U: Gerry Catena
C: Miranda