New Jersey Genovese Bust

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

New Jersey Genovese Bust

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Continuing the thread. Perhapes some of you guy's can post some of the articles from that thread over here.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Carlo
Associate

Re: New Jersey Genovese Bust

Post by Carlo »

Charles "Chuckie" Tuzzo, 80, from Bayside, N.Y., attends his bail hearing from the Morris County Jail via closed circuit television. Tuzzo is charged with first-degree racketeering, first-degree money laundering, conspiracy, criminal usury and promoting gambling. He is alleged to be an associate of the Genovese crime family.

http://www.nj.com/morris/index.ssf/2014 ... mbers.html
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Reputed mobster nabbed with Lyndhurst men followed in infamous father’s footsteps, authorities say
Jerry DeMarco
October 26, 2014

BEHIND THE STORY: Although his notorious father once remained a fugitive for 11 years, reputed Genovese crime family member Vincent Coppola was on the lam all of one day before New Jersey State Police nabbed him with two brothers from Lyndhurst at a Garden State Parkway rest stop this week.

Whether the bust was pure coincidence or something more remains an open question.

Coppola’s father, Genovese capo Michael “Mikey Cigars” Coppola (above, left), spent more than a decade on the run before the FBI captured him in Manhattan in 2007.

Although he beat a rap for allegedly shooting another mobster in a motel parking lot in 1977, the elder Coppola was convicted of other mob-related activities and is serving a 16-year federal prison sentence in Atlanta.

The warrant for his son’s arrest was barely 24 hours old when he was captured.

According to state authorities, troopers conducting a quality-of-life detail spotted Vincent Coppola (above, right) and the Pio brothers — Ralph, 46, and 40-year-old Joseph — snorting heroin Wednesday in a parked Cadillac DTS at the Colonia South Service Area in Woodbridge.

The troopers seized 27 wax folds of heroin and drug paraphernalia, they said.

They then turned Coppola over to the state Division of Criminal Justice, gave Joseph Pio to Bloomfield police (for an active warrant) and released Ralph Pio on a summons.

Just a day earlier, state authorities obtained an arrest warrant for Coppola, of Union, as part of a roundup of members and associates of the legendary Genovese family on charges of running a racketeering enterprise.

The network was based in the family’s longtime stomping grounds, the Down Neck/Ironbound section of Newark and the nearby port of Newark, but extended to Ocean County, as well, authorities said.

Heading the operation, acting Attorney General John J. Hoffman said, was 80-year-old Genovese family capo Charles Tuzzo of Bayside, Queens, and reputed family soldier Vito Alberti, 55, of New Providence.

Loansharking alone brought the group $1.3 million in interest, Hoffman said.

The crew also operated a multi-million dollar offshore sports gambling operation, controlled a trucking firm that shipped new cars from Port Newark and used an unlicensed check-cashing business to rake in more than $9 million in fees while enabling customers to launder money and duck taxes, he said.

Coppola ran the sports betting arm of the network using an offshore wire room in Costa Rica to process more than $1.7 million in bets in a single year through a website and toll-free phone number, authorities said.

He essentially followed in footsteps of his father, they said, who with others controlled waterfront rackets and family operations in Newark, where the elder Coppola was born.

Michael Coppola was the prime suspect in the April 1977 murder of John (Johnny Coca Cola) Lardiere, who’d been released from prison for a day to spend Easter with his family.

After his killer’s .22-caliber gun jammed, Lardiere reportedly asked: “What’re you gonna do now, tough guy?”

Authorities said Coppola then drew a .38 from under his pant leg and killed him in the Bridgewater motel parking lot.

The killing remained unsolved until 1996, when a mobster arrested on murder and extortion charges fingered Coppola — who federal agents said was part of a notorious Genovese hit team known as “The Fist” and for a time was acting caporegime while Tino Fiumara was imprisoned in the 1980s and 90s.

After being served with a summons to provide a DNA sample, Coppola fled his Spring Lake home. He used various assumed names while traveling between residences in New York and San Francisco before a team of FBI agents grabbed him walking on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, where he was living with his wife, in March 2007.

Coppola was eventually cleared of the murder charge but was convicted on RICO charges for extortion and other crimes. A federal judge later sentenced him to 16 years. There is no parole in the federal system, which means the elder Coppola wouldn’t see freedom again for at least another decade, when he’s 78.

Attention now shifts to his son and his co-defendants.

“History teaches us that as long as demand exists for illegal loans, illicit gambling, drugs, and other black-market goods and services, organized crime is going to turn a profit by preying on society,” Hoffman said.

http://cliffviewpilot.com/reputed-mobst ... ities-say/
All roads lead to New York.
Carlo
Associate

Post by Carlo »

Michael “Mikey Cigars” Coppola (above, left) and Vincent Coppola.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Ouch...busted snorting Heroin...thats not going to be good for his future in the Genovese family. He now be labeled a junkie by them for life....

Also Raph Pio was busted back in 2003 for Gambling and Rico along with Ninny's crew and part of another Genovese Crew

http://www.recordonline.com/article/200 ... /306119982
Mukremin
Straightened out

Post by Mukremin »

That's a lot of money going around.. and no wonder, much of that generation uses drugs.
JBELL
Straightened out

Post by JBELL »

Mukremin wrote:That's a lot of money going around.. and no wonder, much of that generation uses drugs.
Is chucky a made guy or an associate ? I"ve reading conflicting articles on GBB go figure!
Double Standards Speak Volumes Merry Christmas to all the hypocrites !!!
Winter is coming...
You said lol,"Only little girls say "lol" " - Ed Scarpo
rayray
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by rayray »

JBELL wrote:Is chucky a made guy or an associate ? I"ve reading conflicting articles on GBB go figure!

I believe Charles ""Chucky" Tuzzo is a NJ Genovese Capo
Benito
Straightened out

Post by Benito »

They were running a Gambling ring from what I remember, with the aid of some Portuguese nationals. I have recently read a lot of articles about the Genovese NJ faction. Including, Gerardo, LaScala, Bruschi, Dentico.
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Bennyxo wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 am They were running a Gambling ring from what I remember, with the aid of some Portuguese nationals. I have recently read a lot of articles about the Genovese NJ faction. Including, Gerardo, LaScala, Bruschi, Dentico.
yeah this was an interesting bust. the big money maker,which dove tailed into the shylocking, was the underground unlicensed check cashing operation they were running out of the Portuguese restarurant and bar...which is legimately supposed to be a great place to eat.

I had no idea that Neward had a "little Portugal" or such a big Portuguese immigrant population. another surprise for me with this bust was Chucky Tuzzo... I had no idea he was still active or even still alive, frankly.

Also dumbstruck at how much money these guys were getting, they had a LOT going on. the check cashing skim, the check cashing fees, skim from the restarurant itself, shylock loans, a decent sized sports book, and some trucking companies via Alberti. probably can assume some random extortion was peppered on top, as well. this was definitely (part of) a formidable crew.

Would like more info on Tuzzo. I think he was from the Carrol Gardens or Red Hook area...Brooklyn guy...originally. And, IIRC... his Dad was a Genovese member. Relocated to and operated in Queens . He came up with Federici and they were very close, good friends.

Federici and Tuzzo were protégés of Micky Generoso? do I have that correct? Both were in Generosos crew and im assuming one enherited the crew outright and another got his own crew; maybe Tony inherited Micky's crew, and Tuzzo got his father's (was Tuzzo's dad a captain?)

Would love to know more about those guys. Tuzzo, Federici and Generoso. All powerful in their own right, especially Generoso, but theres not a lot of info on them. Genovese has so many "big" powerhouse guys that we really just dont know a lot about.
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

newera_212 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 8:40 am
Bennyxo wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 7:53 am They were running a Gambling ring from what I remember, with the aid of some Portuguese nationals. I have recently read a lot of articles about the Genovese NJ faction. Including, Gerardo, LaScala, Bruschi, Dentico.
yeah this was an interesting bust. the big money maker,which dove tailed into the shylocking, was the underground unlicensed check cashing operation they were running out of the Portuguese restarurant and bar...which is legimately supposed to be a great place to eat.

I had no idea that Neward had a "little Portugal" or such a big Portuguese immigrant population. another surprise for me with this bust was Chucky Tuzzo... I had no idea he was still active or even still alive, frankly.

Also dumbstruck at how much money these guys were getting, they had a LOT going on. the check cashing skim, the check cashing fees, skim from the restarurant itself, shylock loans, a decent sized sports book, and some trucking companies via Alberti. probably can assume some random extortion was peppered on top, as well. this was definitely (part of) a formidable crew.

Would like more info on Tuzzo. I think he was from the Carrol Gardens or Red Hook area...Brooklyn guy...originally. And, IIRC... his Dad was a Genovese member. Relocated to and operated in Queens . He came up with Federici and they were very close, good friends.

Federici and Tuzzo were protégés of Micky Generoso? do I have that correct? Both were in Generosos crew and im assuming one enherited the crew outright and another got his own crew; maybe Tony inherited Micky's crew, and Tuzzo got his father's (was Tuzzo's dad a captain?)

Would love to know more about those guys. Tuzzo, Federici and Generoso. All powerful in their own right, especially Generoso, but theres not a lot of info on them. Genovese has so many "big" powerhouse guys that we really just dont know a lot about.
The entire iron bound / down neck is Portuguese / Brazilian . The restaurant Portucale is excellent as I use to go weekly . Amazing how low key the Op was tho he did do a major rehab to the joint right after the bust lol , great bar set up n outside . Manny still runs it too my knowledge. West side has always been very resourceful and seem to work regularly with the locals and based on the bars / restaurants / businesses in the area my guess is there as a ton of wise guy rackets going on there
TommyNoto
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by TommyNoto »

There is a huge social club on Avenue A for luxury sports cars and I mean the Ferrari type and it’s membership is old school Italian and a few Portuguese from the area . I always wondered what level shit that goes on there but down neck crew is certainly doing their bookmaking and probably shy too for some guys get jammed up for cash. Would not be surprised if bigger stuff has emerged from
The mingling there
NJShore4Life
Full Patched

Post by NJShore4Life »

The Ironbound is the best ! My go to spots to pick up hot Brazilian broads- Vivo Lounge and Adega... Love the Ironbound. There’s even a sports bar in the Ironbound called Blitz that I go to as well.
Hellboy 17
Associate

Post by Hellboy 17 »

Yea those gay bars are something, hope u checked the package before u sealed the deal.
Hellboy 17
Associate

Post by Hellboy 17 »

Looks like we gotta “Situation”.👨‍❤️‍👨