Gangland:9/29/16

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Gangland:9/29/16

Post by Cheech »

^^ yes. exactly.
and like that...he was gone
Garbageman
Straightened out

Post by Garbageman »

I had a 500k bail, posted by family, and the moment I showed up to prison, the bail was released and that's the end of it.
However, living under the restrictions of federal pre-trial conditions were more of a pain in the ass than anything else. I recieved 7 months, yet I was under pre-trial supervision for 17 long months. In prison for 7 even longer months and on paper for a year. 36 months of my life inconvenienced by a scumbag rat chomo. Not to mention the 48 months I wasted being lied to and fleeced of my business by the CW and the feds during the investigation which began in March 09.
All told, the government dictated my life for 7 years only to have my 5 year sentence reduced to 7 months and 1/3rd of the 32 defendants deferred prosecution (charges dropped after 1 year of good behavior). After all the press and hub-bub Preet got, the lead defendant recieved just 364 days (10 months in real time). That's the Sovereign District of New York for ya. Giant charges, with long maximum sentences, topped with a generous helping of superceding indictments if you hang tough too long. If anyone wonders why I lose my shit whenever there's one of these cases, I believe my personal experiences give all the answers.
The worst part? If I could've convinced my co-defendants to hang tough for 2 more months, we'd have all gotten deferred deals as well. It's a game of poker face right from the moment they arrest you.
Sorry for rant.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Cheech is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Thanks guys.

What does the bondsman get if you post property as collateral?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Nicholas
Straightened out

Post by Nicholas »

Good read this week
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Thanks guys.

What does the bondsman get if you post property as collateral?

typically Sonny a bails bondsman will only take deeds if you are paying on a plan. i paid cash. if i say paid 5k and then 1k a month he might ave asked for my car title or something.....thats how it works around here. if youre putting up real estate its not to a bail bondsman typically. its to the court and in that case you always get it back if you show.
now what you give to the bail bondsman you never get back. and thats a fact.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

phatmatress777 wrote:Cheech is correct

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thanks phat
PHL_Mob
Straightened out

Post by PHL_Mob »

Cheech- I haven't bailed anyone out so your right I could be wrong. What I was saying was not in relation to a bail bondsman though. I would agree with you if Merlino went through a bail bondsman, however, I was under the impression he posted the required percentage of the $5M bail in the form of real estate and then a small amount of cash (probably around $30K) directly to the court (Fed Southern District of New York) as opposed to a bail bondsman.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

My bad
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Former Boston based Philly Capo Robert "Bobby" Luisi Jr.

It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Doobeez
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Doobeez »

Here, bail bondsman are against the law. Not sure if that's because Kentucky is a Commonwealth state or not, but if the charge will allow a reduced bond, or 3rd Party, it's usually half, or less than the full cash and/or property bond total. Catch there is, 3rd party is held responsible, so if the defendant skips town, they can hold you in contempt.

Nice read this week. Thanks for the article.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Thanks Cheech :)

And thanks Pogo For the pic.

Was there a pic of Reubeo this weeks GL?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.