boss of bosses

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chicago
Straightened out

Re: boss of bosses

Post by Chicago »

Last edited by Chicago on Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Wiseguy wrote:
Chicago wrote:That's true Wiseguy, but Cicero made some guys since that report came out so I think at least 24 active guys from 3 crews would be reasonably accurate.
Each crew usually has a Boss, Underboss, & 4 to 6 guys of made status who are supervisors. Then there are guys who are in the crews that work directly under the supervisors.
I would definitely say Cicero is the strongest of the 3 with the biggest current manpower.
Second would be 26th St. and third would be Grand Ave.
There are a couple Elmwood Park guys who are connected to one of those 3 Crews also.
The bulk of the Elmwood Park Crew is basically deactivated.
Maybe I missed something but where did we hear that Cicero made new guys since 2007?
I haven't heard anything since sarno supposedly added some guys and he's been locked up since around 2010
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote:I think it's just an assumption. The last "confirmed" making ceremony we have available is the one referenced on the B.J. Jahoda wire by Infelse in 1989 concerning Solly D.
Yes that is the last one confirmed openly by the Feds but magnafichi told fosco about his own making ceremony sometime in the 90's, I believe this was the one at the spavones restaurant in bloomingdale which is the same place calabrese sr got married in 86 or whenever that was. If fosco knows you can bet the Feds know they just haven't needed to talk publicly about it. Then the widely speculated 03 ceremony when marcello got out of prison and sarno in 07.
I agree with phat,I love those old fucks and he's right.we all got some cosa nostra in us.I personnely love the life.I think we on the forum would be the ultimate crew! - camerono
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

You know, thinking about it, Calabrese stated that Frank Belmonte was made in what, '83? Who is this guy, what was the deal with him getting made and where is he now? He's not someone I ever recall hearing in the news due to any illegal activity
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

I think he was a union guy. He's been dead for a few years.

The Outfit made a lot of union guys whose main job was labor racketeering and corruption. Nobody even knows about a lot of these guys as they never made major headlines. They didn't really start becoming expunged until the late eighties and early nineties when Jimmy Cozzo, Dominic Senese, Johnny Matassa and others were outed.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

It's come to our attention that using the IMG code is not viewable to everyone, so here's a repost. Covers the entire NY Mafia 1900-2012 just a about. And as per the thread title, the first chart shows all the known boss of bosses and their photos, including Di Gaetano and Messina. And forgotten bosses like Loicano and young Vincenzo Mangano sportin a Jew-fro. (All thanks to Antiliar's research.)

(This isn't me sucking my own dick, these charts were collaborated on with Pogo in the modern era, with info relied on from Bonanno, Valachi, Gentile, FBI sources. And of course Dan De Manna.)
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Rick informed me on the commission chart that I got some photos wrong. As soon as I have the list of incorrect errors I'll list them. That's my fault, but the info is correct.

In the future, if I make any mistakes or you have any disagreements, please post them. I've made mistakes in the past and I will make mistakes in the future. I have no ego in this and if I make a mistake and am corrected,I look at it as a learning curve and will be greatful. Salut. Now eat shit and live!
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Concerning the Commission chart; I don't think that Milwaukee Phil was ever boss of the Outfit - the dates just don't add up. Cerone didn't go to prison until 1970 so he would have no reason to removed as boss before then. Alderisio was already in jail by that point so it doesn't make sense that he would be boss for the dates listed. I know these dates are ones that have been traditionally used so I can understand why they are used but I was just pointing out some fallacies involved with them.

As far as 1970 and on is concerned, it's difficult to tell when Aiuppa actually took complete control over the Outfit. It's possible that Accardo took over as boss for a few years before handing it over to Aiuppa. I have also heard that Accardo, Aiuppa, and Gus Alex (in a strictly advisory role as he was never made) jointly ran the Outfit during this time period. At any rate, by 1973/74 Aiuppa was definitely the undisputed boss but it's possible that he had taken over as early as 1970/71.
Pete
Full Patched

Post by Pete »

Snakes wrote:Concerning the Commission chart; I don't think that Milwaukee Phil was ever boss of the Outfit - the dates just don't add up. Cerone didn't go to prison until 1970 so he would have no reason to removed as boss before then. Alderisio was already in jail by that point so it doesn't make sense that he would be boss for the dates listed. I know these dates are ones that have been traditionally used so I can understand why they are used but I was just pointing out some fallacies involved with them.

As far as 1970 and on is concerned, it's difficult to tell when Aiuppa actually took complete control over the Outfit. It's possible that Accardo took over as boss for a few years before handing it over to Aiuppa. I have also heard that Accardo, Aiuppa, and Gus Alex (in a strictly advisory role as he was never made) jointly ran the Outfit during this time period. At any rate, by 1973/74 Aiuppa was definitely the undisputed boss but it's possible that he had taken over as early as 1970/71.
I know roemer said Milwaukee phil was boss for not even a year maybe right before going to prison where he would die and I know magnafichi referred to him as "the boss" when talking about him for whatever those two pieces of info are worth
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Cerone was never a boss. That's where the confusion comes in. He was Aiuppa's underboss. If he wasn't demoted from boss to underboss, he went from capo to underboss.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

He was boss in the late sixties for a brief period. When he got out of jail, Aiuppa was boss and he became his underboss.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Snakes wrote:He was boss in the late sixties for a brief period. When he got out of jail, Aiuppa was boss and he became his underboss.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one. I believe it was earlier misinformation that reported Cerone as a boss in the late 60s. No doubt he was considered for the position, but he was grabbed by LE outside Ricca's home in February, 1969. Alderisio was still out and about until he was seized in July. Alderisio came after Battaglia, not Cerone. After that, Accardo ran it with Alex and Aiuppa. Aiuppa did three months in 1970 for killing hundreds of doves, then became boss after that until he went to prison and was succeeded by his protege, Carlisi.
MilwaukeePhil
On Record

Post by MilwaukeePhil »

The problem is that in Chicago, all these bigwigs are considered "bosses" and I think the Feds took that too literally. Milwaukee Phil was a "boss" but only of Grand Avenue, not the entire Outfit. I dont think Phil was ever the overall Outfit boss - not even close - he was too polarizing and too many guys hated him and a guy like that can't really be boss. He was also in a serious beef with the Cicero-based Bucceri/Ferriola crew right up until he went to prison. I instead wonder if he was more of a "mouthpiece" for Ricca, Alex and Accardo until Aiuppa got out of prison.

I also agree Cerone was just the "boss" of elmwood park and served as underboss for Aiuppa. He was never boss of the entire Outfit.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Phil was polarizing -- even his own people didn't like him that much. But I don't think Mags would have referred to him as a boss if he wasn't. Too many sources say he got the top spot, although only for a short time before he went to prison.
MilwaukeePhil
On Record

Post by MilwaukeePhil »

Antiliar wrote:Phil was polarizing -- even his own people didn't like him that much. But I don't think Mags would have referred to him as a boss if he wasn't. Too many sources say he got the top spot, although only for a short time before he went to prison.
Did Mags say he was just a "boss" or "top boss?" I personally don't find Mags to be that good of a source - especially on the Outfit's power structure while he was a little kid. I personally think he lied a lot on ANP (i.e. meeting John Gotti, etc.) but that's just me.

I do know Phil was a powerful guy - (i.e. he was the power behind Frank Balistreri in Milwaukee) but if I had to bet money, I don't think Accardo would have placed him as a boss.