Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Surprised they gave him bail. His luck is still holding up a bit.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Surprised they gave him bail. His luck is still holding up a bit.

Pogo
His wife, mother and sister were all in attendance and he had a different lawyer, never seen him before.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Merlino's wife after court today
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

It's interesting that the Prosecutors in New York changed their minds and didn't oppose bail.

Skinny Joey' Merlino gets $5M bail in Mafia case

The flamboyant alleged head of the Philadelphia Mafia is expected to be released from custody Friday after a federal judge granted him $5 million bail as he awaits trial on racketeering charges.

Joseph "Skinny Joey" Merlino, 54, will be required to live at his Boca Raton home and wear an ankle bracelet. U.S. Magistrate Judge William Matthewman said Merlino can work from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. at the local restaurant that bears his name, Merlino's, which he says will reopen in October, and travel to New York City, New Jersey and eastern Pennsylvania, including to attend a family day at his two daughters' university. Merlino is expected to be released from Palm Beach County jail later Friday.

Matthewman asked Merlino for assurances that he will obey the conditions of his release, saying he didn't want to issue a warrant for his arrest.

"Don't worry your honor, you won't," replied the unshaven Merlino, who was dressed in dark blue jail overalls and shackled at the wrists and ankles.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/article ... rylink=cpy
Allie Boy
Straightened out

Post by Allie Boy »

Given who he is I'm very surprised. Then again, the case against him involves cream lol.
bigronny
Associate

Post by bigronny »

Joeys pal brad sirkin re arrested for $167 million dollar fraud and money laundering
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Merlino is out, probably on his way to Miami to party it up.

Another Pic of his lovely wife
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Alleged Mafia Head 'Skinny Joey' Makes Bail

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/late ... s-41331799
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Merlino doesn't look so cocky now. His trade mark grin is no where to be found.. :lol:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Merlino doesn't look so cocky now. His trade mark grin is no where to be found.. :lol:

Pogo

He looks shook up for sure and was motoring across the parking lot as fast as he could.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pogo The Clown wrote:Merlino doesn't look so cocky now. His trade mark grin is no where to be found.. :lol:

Pogo
Agreed Pogo. He's a little twerp and his smile is gonna get rammed up his skinny ass at trial. 20 years minimum...and that will be goodbye forever to a guy who wouldn't have made Captain in any other mob family. The punk that he is. I can't wait to hear the tapes
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

JCB1977 wrote: The punk that he is.
Why is he a punk ? Seems to me he took over that family against all odds and from then to now the family has only improved. He's no rat he does his time and far as wiseguys go he seems to be a pretty good one for philly at least.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

JCB1977 wrote:
He's a little twerp and his smile is gonna get rammed up his skinny ass at trial. 20 years minimum...and that will be goodbye forever to a guy who wouldn't have made Captain in any other mob family. The punk that he is. I can't wait to hear the tapes
You may be right, Scott was on the radio doing an interview Thursday and said his LE sources reported more charges are coming in another indictment for Merlino
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

JCB1977 wrote:

Pogo
Agreed Pogo. He's a little twerp and his smile is gonna get rammed up his skinny ass at trial. 20 years minimum...and that will be goodbye forever to a guy who wouldn't have made Captain in any other mob family. The punk that he is. I can't wait to hear the tapes
JCB, you're out to lunch, I don't get your disdain for him or Borgesi, did they not take the mob ethics class that the Pittsburgh guys did?

My guess is he takes a plea deal to avoid a potential 20 year conviction...though if Jacobs thinks he can beat the feds in court again, he'll go for it, guy is a ballsy lawyer.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson