Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by TommyGambino »

phatmatress777 wrote:
Rocco wrote:I am sure every one of those guys arrested know who the rat is. More then likely they figured it out and that's why they wrapped up the investigation pulled the rat in and made the arrests. Merlino was already trying to figure out who was a rat. But I am not shocked the guy was arrested already. I thought it would happen sooner. He just cant lay low..he is a flashy guy and it put a bulls eye on his back.
Idc what anyone says I know a lot of people hate merlino but I love him he is who he is he fought to get to where he got to and he lives life the way he wants . He doesn't hide from anyone and challenges the feds. Not many people even New York wise guys have lived half the life Joey has. A lot of wire tapes lately have caught New York wise guys being brokesters, and yes everyone knows that philly is not New York but how many reports have we heard of philly mobsters being broke. They don't have tons and tons of rackets like they used to or like nyc does but what they do have they utilize to the fullest extent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:lol: :lol:
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

TommyGambino wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote:
Rocco wrote:I am sure every one of those guys arrested know who the rat is. More then likely they figured it out and that's why they wrapped up the investigation pulled the rat in and made the arrests. Merlino was already trying to figure out who was a rat. But I am not shocked the guy was arrested already. I thought it would happen sooner. He just cant lay low..he is a flashy guy and it put a bulls eye on his back.
Idc what anyone says I know a lot of people hate merlino but I love him he is who he is he fought to get to where he got to and he lives life the way he wants . He doesn't hide from anyone and challenges the feds. Not many people even New York wise guys have lived half the life Joey has. A lot of wire tapes lately have caught New York wise guys being brokesters, and yes everyone knows that philly is not New York but how many reports have we heard of philly mobsters being broke. They don't have tons and tons of rackets like they used to or like nyc does but what they do have they utilize to the fullest extent.

:lol: :lol:
Let me specify ... Love him as for entertainment purposes as someone would enjoy an actor or musician

Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Cheech wrote:

He was trying to find out who the rat was?

On a wire tap. in the articles.
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

Rocco would you mind pointing out which article you found that in? Nothing I've read in the indictment would indicate that Merlino was trying to figure out who the rat was. Have the wire taps been published somewhere?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

phatmatress777 wrote:

Philly mob guys are not rich by any means. Nor is Merlino. Nothing is in his name. He owsn nothing. His wife was living with her mom in a ranch in central nj while he was locked up. Don't believe the smoke and mirrors. Philly guys are not broke? really? How would you know> You think because they where expensive clothes they have wealth? You can take a drive to Wayne NJ and you will see people living pay check to pay check yet they where expensive clothes and drive $70k cars because their image is the most important thing to them and they don't have a $$ in the bank and no $$ for their kids education. They strive to be the next Jersey Houswives...You my friend are taken by the flash and the image rather then reality. If you are a Merlino fan then you must have jerked off to Gotti I guess? lol
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

phatmatress777 wrote:I was thinking this operation was kinda like a concrete club deal that involved different higher ups from the different families. I think that's where this east coast costra nostra enterprise stuff is coming from. It's possible that merlino shielded his own guys from the ci as well. I doubt the ci came from Philly and if there were other philly guys involved they were only going through merlino

Personally I don't think any other Philly guys were involved. I think its a prison connection that Merlino made with Sal the undertaker. Merlino tried to make some extra scratch for himself outside the tribute he gets from his guys I Philly. Was it enough for him to live off of comfortably...yeah..He got greedy wanted to make more $$ and in doing so he exposed himself. I am sure what he was receiving from South Philly as tribute was more then enough to live off of...but these flashy guys burn thru cash rather fast. Merlino downfall is his own doing. Greed takes all these guys down. And I think that was his down fall. He got greedy wanted to make more $$ and in doing so he exposed himself to wire taps by venturing out on his own. Seems he insulated himself rather good from Philly Investigations. He blew it. Just my too cents. We will have to wait for more info to come out.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

moneyman wrote:Rocco would you mind pointing out which article you found that in? Nothing I've read in the indictment would indicate that Merlino was trying to figure out who the rat was. Have the wire taps been published somewhere?
its in a couple of the Philly artices an Palm beach articles but here is one :
http://www.fox29.com/news/187038743-story

You can see pics of the knucklehead driving around in a Rolls Royce with no job. He should have wore a sign that said arrest me , wire tap me , follow me..send me back to jail please ! That back of his shirt should say LCN Boss Phily .lol

Court docs: Merlino on tape "questioning whether certain associates were rats". Reason to worry?
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Rocco wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote:

Philly mob guys are not rich by any means. Nor is Merlino. Nothing is in his name. He owsn nothing. His wife was living with her mom in a ranch in central nj while he was locked up. Don't believe the smoke and mirrors. Philly guys are not broke? really? How would you know> You think because they where expensive clothes they have wealth? You can take a drive to Wayne NJ and you will see people living pay check to pay check yet they where expensive clothes and drive $70k cars because their image is the most important thing to them and they don't have a $$ in the bank and no $$ for their kids education. They strive to be the next Jersey Houswives...You my friend are taken by the flash and the image rather then reality. If you are a Merlino fan then you must have jerked off to Gotti I guess? lol
Rocco I've never had a problem with you and I apperciate your info but if someone can drive a 70 thousand dollar car they aren't doing that horrible for themselves are they millionaires? No....are they making minimum wage? Doubt it...I dislike the govt and cops and the dirty tricks they pull. I get a kick out of the way people like gotti and ;merlino snub them and challenge them. Your last comment was a little uncalled for ive never said anything like that to you. Some people root for the under dog and the bad guys in the movies... Guess I'm one of those people. I'm not gonna argue with you I'm just explaining why I said what I said. Take it or leave it.

Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

phatmatress777 wrote:
Rocco wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote:

Rocco I've never had a problem with you and I apperciate your info but if someone can drive a 70 thousand dollar car they aren't doing that horrible for themselves are they millionaires? No....are they making minimum wage? Doubt it...I dislike the govt and cops and the dirty tricks they pull. I get a kick out of the way people like gotti and ;merlino snub them and challenge them. Your last comment was a little uncalled for ive never said anything like that to you. Some people root for the under dog and the bad guys in the movies... Guess I'm one of those people. I'm not gonna argue with you I'm just explaining why I said what I said. Take it or leave it.

Sorry you took it that way. AS for the 70k car. My point is some of those people would rather play the part when financially they are not. They would rather blow cash on their clothes and cars for their image then put their kids thru college. So the point is ...just because some dresses flashy and drives expensives cars doesn't mean they have money...they live above their mean soley for image as it is the most important thing to them. I am in finance for 30yrs and I have seen it all. I understand you dont like cops...BUT how is Merlino the underdog? They guys asks for it. . He should where a shirt that says LCN BOSS on it. This is why I am very surprised that Patsy has anything to do with Merlino knowing full well that Merlino has a target on his back. Why would anyone want to do business with Merlino? You are kinda asking to be arrested before you can even make any real $$$. This is why I suspect that Merlino's connection to the Genovese family is not Patsy from the start..but probably someone he met in prison like Sal the undertaker. etc. Again no hard feelings we just have different view on what LCN is and what an underdog is. If you wanna route for the underdog route for the low key bookmaker who know ones knows not some guy that drives around flashy and yells catch me if you can and brings heat down on everyones around him. Feds always win in the end...you gotta be smart and stay off their radar... There is no such thing as a successful gangster that is flashy and flaunts it. Those guys are called inmates....
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

moneyman wrote:Rocco would you mind pointing out which article you found that in? Nothing I've read in the indictment would indicate that Merlino was trying to figure out who the rat was. Have the wire taps been published somewhere?
yes please post
and like that...he was gone
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

anybody have the update they did at 6? they said there was a 2nd philly guy involved?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

its in a couple of the Philly artices an Palm beach articles but here is one :
http://www.fox29.com/news/187038743-story

Court docs: Merlino on tape "questioning whether certain associates were rats". Reason to worry?
BobbyPazzo
Straightened out

Post by BobbyPazzo »

nothing on the bail hearing today?
Most of you wouldn't be comfortable in my playground.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

It's been moved to Friday.