Joey merlino and others busted

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

TommyGambino
Full Patched

Re: Joey merlino and others busted

Post by TommyGambino »

Rocco wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:Does anybody know what Joey the Punk got indicted for?

Bookmaking and healthcare fraud. Here is the indictment.

http://nypost.com/2016/08/04/fbi-arrest ... round-nyc/

The indictments doesn't identify the made members but a quick glance reveals that the following made members were busted (in addition to Merlino). I'm sure there are others.

Genovese
Capo Conrad Ianniello
Capo Pasquale "Patsy" Parello
Soldiers Ralph “The Undertaker” Balsamo and Anthony Conigliaro

Gambino
Capo Danny Marino

Bonanno
Soldiers John “Johnny Joe” Spirito and Pasquale “Patty Boy” Maiorino

Lucchese
Soldier Marco Minuto
Spirito is in jail doing 20yrs , marino just got out after serving a 5yr sentence. Also Balsamo is either locked up or just got out from his previous bust for dealing coke. Looks like they Got Merlino on sports gambling and healthcare fraud. ? So they hit him with RICO. Also not sure of some of these names but it appears that Merlino is the only Philly member charged? Looks like Joey made some friends in prison with ties to Patsy's crew. I have to assume he did time with Balsamo(the undertaker) and this was how they became associated.?? Not allot of detail in the indictment. So who knows how tight the indictment is against Merlino. He is based in FL the rest of the guys were in NY. So I have to assume they got him on wiretaps to tie him into the RICO indictment.
It's Danny Marino's kid Rocco.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

TommyGambino wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

The indictments doesn't identify the made members but a quick glance reveals that the following made members were busted (in addition to Merlino). I'm sure there are others.

Genovese
Capo Conrad Ianniello

Gambino
Capo Danny Marino

Bonanno

Lucchese
Soldier Marco Minuto
Spirito is in jail doing 20yrs , marino just got out after serving a 5yr sentence. Also Balsamo is either locked up or just got out from his previous bust for dealing coke. Looks like they Got Merlino on sports gambling and healthcare fraud. ? So they hit him with RICO. Also not sure of some of these names but it appears that Merlino is the only Philly member charged? Looks like Joey made some friends in prison with ties to Patsy's crew. I have to assume he did time with Balsamo(the undertaker) and this was how they became associated.?? Not allot of detail in the indictment. So who knows how tight the indictment is against Merlino. He is based in FL the rest of the guys were in NY. So I have to assume they got him on wiretaps to tie him into the RICO indictment.
Just noticed that. Also looks like its not Johnny Joe either..It appears to be his kid as well.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Hailbritain wrote:Also the , New York don't care about Philly or Merlino . Ha ha this indictment proves Merlino is up to his neck in it with the New York families
It appears Merlino's main connection is to Patsy via Balsamo who Merlino more then likely served time with.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Chucky wrote:
Hailbritain wrote:
Chucky wrote:If Nicodemo was talking they would have gotten much more, HailBritain out to lunch once again.
Out to lunch ?? Don't understand . It was just guess work , just like what 95% of you do on here
Nicodemo was a big fish, if he talked every top guy in Philly would be going down on murder charges, and why would he decide to flip after four years?
out to lunch for sure. lol If Nicodemo was talking there would be a complete line up of Philly members charged with Murder and RICO. No one is talking Merlino just made the mistake of working with someone he didn't know because the westside vouched for a CW. Not even sure what they have on Merlino. I suspect its a weak conspiracy charge. The indictment says very little on what they have on Merlino except for that he was talking to a CW. Papers said he was charged with Healthcare fraud BUT the indictment doesn't list his name. Very very vague. Merlino will most likely cop out to a Conspiracy charges and get 5-8yrs. Just my 3 cents...
BeatiPaoli
Straightened out

Post by BeatiPaoli »

To Everyone: Did I miss something today, or did today's print version of the New York Times have NOTHING on yesterday's bust???!!!

Regards,
BeatiPaoli
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Who will be acting boss if Merlino goes down, Ligambi again?
TommyGambino
Full Patched

Post by TommyGambino »

Rocco wrote:
TommyGambino wrote:
Rocco wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

Genovese
Capo Conrad Ianniello

Gambino
Capo Danny Marino

Bonanno

Lucchese
Soldier Marco Minuto
Just noticed that. Also looks like its not Johnny Joe either..It appears to be his kid as well.

Yeh, that's right. Marino's kid isn't the sharpest, he was born a millionaire! Then again wouldn't be surprised if Marino Sr pushed him into that life, considering his family history.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Rocco wrote:Papers said he was charged with Healthcare fraud BUT the indictment doesn't list his name. Very very vague.

Yes it does.
e. Health Care Fraud. At various times relevant to the Indictment, PARRELLO, MERLINO, RALPH BALSAMO, CAMACHO, DEVITO, MICHAEL POLI, a/k/a “Mike Polio,” CARMINE GALLO, BRAD SIRKIN, a/k/a “Brad,” and WAYNE KREISBERG, the defendants, were involved in a scheme targeting providers of health insurance (the “Victim Insurers”), by causing, and causing others to cause, corrupt doctors to issue unnecessary and excessive prescriptions for expensive compound cream (“Prescription Compound Cream”) that were then billed to the Victim Insurers. Had the Victim Insurers known the fraudulent nature of the scheme — that wrongful kickbacks were paid to doctors to write, and to patients to request and receive, unnecessary and excessive prescriptions for the Prescription Compound Cream — the Victim Insurers would not have issued reimbursements for the Prescription Compound Cream.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
joeycigars
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by joeycigars »

Rocco wrote: So who knows how tight the indictment is against Merlino. He is based in FL the rest of the guys were in NY. So I have to assume they got him on wiretaps to tie him into the RICO indictment.
I dont think Merlino is a big phone guy, they had a undercover agent and a Informer in the indictment , So there are tapes
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Feds raid IBEW in south Philly not sure if this is connected at this point

http://www.phillyvoice.com
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

willychichi wrote:Feds raid IBEW in south Philly not sure if this is connected at this point

http://www.phillyvoice.com
Ligambis kid works for local 98

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Rocco wrote:Papers said he was charged with Healthcare fraud BUT the indictment doesn't list his name. Very very vague.

Yes it does.
e. Health Care Fraud. At various times relevant to the Indictment, PARRELLO, MERLINO, RALPH BALSAMO, CAMACHO, DEVITO, MICHAEL POLI, a/k/a “Mike Polio,” CARMINE GALLO, BRAD SIRKIN, a/k/a “Brad,” and WAYNE KREISBERG, the defendants, were involved in a scheme targeting providers of health insurance (the “Victim Insurers”), by causing, and causing others to cause, corrupt doctors to issue unnecessary and excessive prescriptions for expensive compound cream (“Prescription Compound Cream”) that were then billed to the Victim Insurers. Had the Victim Insurers known the fraudulent nature of the scheme — that wrongful kickbacks were paid to doctors to write, and to patients to request and receive, unnecessary and excessive prescriptions for the Prescription Compound Cream — the Victim Insurers would not have issued reimbursements for the Prescription Compound Cream.
From my experience in the long term care industry, pain cream's have been on the DEA's radar for about 5 years. Since the opiate epidemic and doctor's reluctance to write scripts for narcotics, a "non narcotic" pain patch has been marketed everywhere. Most of these pain creams contain about 8-10% of Ketamine, used as a horse tranquilizer. It is being marketed as a "safe alternative" to opiate prescribed pain killers used to treat various injuries/chronic pain. The DEA has sent out numerous warnings to the medical industry, more specifically, to docotrs who are accustomed to writing scripts for pain management. These doctors include: Pain Management Clinic Doctors, Rheumatologists, Orthopedics, chiropractors, podiatrists and most docs who see the geriatric population of 65+. Some of these "Compound Pharmacies" are using celebrities to endorse the products. Brett Farve just was the spokesperson for a compound pharmacy down South. The concept was a good one for years until everybody started getting licensed for compound pharmacies and the DEA stepped in. Merlino's fucked.
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
JerryB
Straightened out

Post by JerryB »

Anybody know who this "East Coast LCN" player is?

Silence is often misinterpreted, but never misquoted.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

What if anything do you guys know about Carmine Gallo who got rolled up with merlino
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Pretty sure this has been posted before but some rare up close footage of Patsy Parrello at 1:50

https://youtu.be/T4NL3hGKgoY
All roads lead to New York.