Neapolitan "zips" in American LCN?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Slava
Straightened out

Neapolitan "zips" in American LCN?

Post by Slava »

Have there ever been "zips" from Napoli in Italian-American crime families like Furio in the Sopranos? Are there some of them still active today? Thanks.
toto
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Neapolitan "zips" in American LCN?

Post by toto »

The one which comes to mind is Emilio Fusco but I don't know if he's connected to Camorra. However, in some investigations in Italy they found there are some camorristi in Springfield, Massachusetts where Fusco is from I think. So perhaps there is some kind of link. But in the recent past the only zips have been Sicilian or recently some 'Ndrangheta moves in New York but they are not members of New York families but they get okay through John Gambino who is the "bridge" for Italian organized crime.

Camorra mostly been involved in cocaine trafficking in the past 30 years and it is one way from South America to Spain and then Italy. When Alessandro D'Ambrogio became boss of Porta Nuova and realised pizzo is not generating enough cash he tried to make a new cocaine trafficking route from South America to Tunisia and then Sicily because he didn't want to go via Spain and Napoli because that means involving Camorra.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Allegedly, Giovanni Demaio was sent over to North Jersey from Naples by the Liccardi family.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

Years ago, as in back in the 1920's, there were men who moved from Newark to Cliffside, Fairview, Fort Lee area who were labeled as "mafia". This is what one of my aunts told me. But I believe they were Camorristi who still had ties to Naples. The families still operated in Newark. Most were bootleggers, ran numbers/gambling dens, whorehouses, business owners/fronts. I can't find any info or links to prove it though. So maybe they were transitioning into the American Mafia/CN

It's kind of strange that the man, possible camorrista I mentioned above just so happened to own a business in the very same location as one of these "Mafia" connected men. Now, the building was boarded up for a lil while before he bought it but I find it too much of a coincidence.

That's my family Kay, it's not me
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Frank Manzo of the Lucchese family was born in Naples and came over here in his late teens early twenties but I doubt he was 'sent over' a la furio giunta.
cavita
Full Patched

Post by cavita »

If I remember correctly there was a small group of Camorra gangsters in Kenosha, Wisconsin in the 1940s and 1950s that were absorbed into the Milwaukee mafia
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Was nick gentile a camorra member? I know the name... But dont kbow what he did. I thought that he was camorra.

Also does anyone remmember that blog that was posted long time ago

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

JeremyTheJew wrote:Was nick gentile a camorra member? I know the name... But dont kbow what he did. I thought that he was camorra.

Also does anyone remmember that blog that was posted long time ago

No. He was Sicilian.
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Do u remmember that blog im talkin about?

What was that girls name who husband was sicilian and they went to sicily a lot or something? Carmella? Her avatar was a shirtless girl flickin the camera off... Havent seen her in a ling time either. She posted a blog once tho that was a camorra member

HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
AG777
Full Patched

Post by AG777 »

JeremyTheJew wrote:Do u remmember that blog im talkin about?

Sorry, I don't know. I've never seen that thread.