Michael Franzese

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Re: Michael Franzese

Post by brianwellbrock »

I checked my email and I did indeed put Michael but fucked it up on here. Damn multi tasking. WG I had trouble with the link so instead I just copy and pasted what he had said regarding their being 9 families. I did this while I was travelling and rushed but I got the questions out to him fine.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Also on Michael Persico, Greg Scarpa said twice in his 302s that Michael was made.

I would also ask what he knows about the family pre-Profaci. Maybe throw some names like Salvatore DiBella and Mineo at him? I know these guys talk about their history, though they don't always have it right.
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

JCB1977 wrote:
AG777 wrote:Can you ask him if he knows of any good pizza joints out here in OC?

I'd ask him that question first to kinda break the ice, and also so I can find out if there really is a place out here :mrgreen: Giggle. Thnx.
Rance's Pizza in Costa Mesa if you like thick crust and Jinny's in Santa Anna. I've had Filomena's in Costa Mesa and I thought it was terrific
When were you in Costa Mesa? My daughter took me out to Rance's for my birthday last year. Very good pizza and very filling. Haven't been to Filomena's.
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

brianwellbrock wrote:
brianwellbrock wrote:So heres the questions I have now so far.....

1. To your knowledge, when did Carmine Persico become boss of the Colombo Family? And if he wasnt considered the boss in the 70's was he still pulling the strings from prison?

2. In this article, (Ill post the link that WG posted), you stated their are 9 families in the U.S. Do you come to that conclusion from personal knowledge or is that an assumption from what you have seen in the past?

3. Was Carmine Galante the boss of the Bonnano Family? Or was he just a powerful captain who thought he was the boss?

4. Do you have any thoughts on Hugh Mcintosh? If so, can you speak on his relationship to Carmine Persico?

5. Danny Persico was quoted by your father as being a special member. Could you elaborate? Does that mean he was made but kept secret or not made but treated as such?

6. Has your father ever stated on when he was made? And if so did he ever state who was present?

7. Did you have any made members in your crew while you were captain and if so who were they?

9. The Genovese Family leadership pre 1981, when Vincent Gigante became boss and Fat Tony Salerno had a stroke has been a mystery. As far as you understand, who was the boss of the Genovese Family in the 1970's? Also any other administration members?

10. What was your fathers relationship and opinion on Carmine Persico? And also what was your relationship to his sons amd nephews?

11. Further expanding on the last question what were your thoughts on Allie Boy Persico when both of you were captains? Was he an effective leader who took after his father?

12.. Any thoughts or opinions on any other mobsters you encountered in the 70's or 80's?

Im in a rush doing this on my phone if anyone notices any spelling errors or would think I should reword something let me know. These are your questions so I want to make sure I get it right.
Hey BW, I think it's Michael Perisco not Danny?......Soliai
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Antiliar wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:
AG777 wrote:Can you ask him if he knows of any good pizza joints out here in OC?

I'd ask him that question first to kinda break the ice, and also so I can find out if there really is a place out here :mrgreen: Giggle. Thnx.
Rance's Pizza in Costa Mesa if you like thick crust and Jinny's in Santa Anna. I've had Filomena's in Costa Mesa and I thought it was terrific
When were you in Costa Mesa? My daughter took me out to Rance's for my birthday last year. Very good pizza and very filling. Haven't been to Filomena's.
2012 for a conference
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

Has he replied back yet BW?......Soliai
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Not yet. I dont expect a respone for a min. It took him 3 days to even tell me yeah hell do it. Being busy with God and all. He wont diss me though Ive chatted with him on more than a handful of times.
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

I'd be most interested in if he knows or who he thinks was the first boss of the Colombo family and how it came about.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lupara wrote:I'd be most interested in if he knows or who he thinks was the first boss of the Colombo family and how it came about.
Yeah, same here. I don't expect many guys to know that, but given how far his father goes back (and grandfather? I seem to remember reading that the elder Carmine Franzese was an early member) and some of the old-timers who were still around in the 1970s, maybe he heard some gossip about the history (which we know isn't always accurate, but it's at least interesting).
Allie Boy
Straightened out

Post by Allie Boy »

Can you ask him about his testimony in the Norby Walters case and why he doesn't consider himself a rat for doing it, especially since he admitted to Norby's attorney he had become a federal informer in February of 1986?

Here is an article about Franzese and his informant status
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/sport ... agent.html
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Can you ask him....I'm jus fwu BW
I get it....first rule of fight club.
brianwellbrock
Straightened out

Post by brianwellbrock »

Well the questions are done and probably will get our answers in the next couple weeks wheb Michael decides to devout a little time to little ol me. Maybe after he shows some love one time Ill ask if he minds doing more questions and your questions will take priority. But AllieBoy Im not a Diane Sawyer or 60 minutes and out of man to man respect I wont ask him anything thatll get him to say hes a rat. Plus Michael probably has a response for that as Im sure its been asked and we both know he sure as hell will never admit hes a rat. Im not saying if he is or isnt Im just saying even with full proof in front of him he wont admit it.
BillyBrizzi
Straightened out

Post by BillyBrizzi »

I'm very much looking forward to this, great stuff Brian..
FORTIS FORTUNA IUVAT
Sol
Admin

Post by Sol »

brianwellbrock wrote:Not yet. I dont expect a respone for a min. It took him 3 days to even tell me yeah hell do it. Being busy with God and all. He wont diss me though Ive chatted with him on more than a handful of times.
Sounds good BW. Whenever he does get back to you with the Q&A's start a new topic with it. Thanks for doing this BW.......Soliai
Antiliar
Full Patched

Post by Antiliar »

Allie Boy wrote:Can you ask him about his testimony in the Norby Walters case and why he doesn't consider himself a rat for doing it, especially since he admitted to Norby's attorney he had become a federal informer in February of 1986?

Here is an article about Franzese and his informant status
http://www.nytimes.com/1989/03/15/sport ... agent.html
For him to come on line and answer questions that would be kind of insulting, don't you think?