Surviving Members from 1950s Era

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Re: Surviving Members from 1950s Era

Post by Rocco »

Charles 'Charlie Moose' Panarella is going to outlive everyone ! Is Steven Grammauta still alive ? Wasn't he one of the hitters in the Anastatio hit at the Sheroton?
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

Surely Donato Laietta is not still alive
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

- For some reason, I have Joseph Messina listed as deceased in 1996. But I can´t find his SSDI entry. I don´t know where I got his YOD from.

- Germaio Anaclerio is listed as Jerry Naclerio in SSDI. (Naclerio may have been his true name.) He died in 1975.

- John Santoro died in 2005.
Andrew Torregrossa Jr died in 2011.

- Matteo DiLorenzo, I am positively sure is deceased. He died sometime between 1975 and 1978, in a NY hospital.

Here´s some more guys:

Bonanno Family

Albert DeAngelis (b 1924)
Gaetano "Tony or Tommy" Lisi (b 1911)

Colombo Family

John "Arrow" Magliocco (b 1919)
Salvatore Mangiameli (b 1929)
Nick Sorrentino (b 1927)

Gambino Family

Gerlando Mancuso (b 1914) (Not to be confused with Gennaro Mancuso)
Nick Melillo (b 1919?)

Genovese Family

Alfred Criscuolo (b 1911)
Louis Prado (b 1909)
Daniel Polidori (b 1915?)
Carlo "Leash or Leach" Silesia (b 1914)

Lucchese Family

Salvatore Maneri (b 1911) (Possibly deported to Italy and died there)
Angelo Tuminaro (b 1910)

I´m sure some of the guys we don´t have any DOD on, were murdered and buried someplace and never found.
There you have it, never printed before.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Whats the reason of the longeviety of Italian Americans?

Surely they're well above average regards average life expectancy?
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Whats the reason of the longeviety of Italian Americans?

I think the Ashkenazi Jews and Okinawans currently have the two longest life expediencies in the world, Sonny. I wish what you posted about Italian Americans was true, but I don't think it is. Now as far as Italians in Italy, I think a Mediterranean diet plays a large part in their longevity. Lots of olive oil and fish, omega 3s and wine. You can't argue with success. Of course Europeans tend to smoke more than American these days. But genes and diet play a huge part in how long you live. My mother died at 60. My Dad is 85. So go figure.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

East Bronx wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:Whats the reason of the longeviety of Italian Americans?

I think the Ashkenazi Jews and Okinawans currently have the two longest life expediencies in the world, Sonny. I wish what you posted about Italian Americans was true, but I don't think it is. Now as far as Italians in Italy, I think a Mediterranean diet plays a large part in their longevity. Lots of olive oil and fish, omega 3s and wine. You can't argue with success. Of course Europeans tend to smoke more than American these days. But genes and diet play a huge part in how long you live. My mother died at 60. My Dad is 85. So go figure.
The people from China and Japan also have very long life expectancies, and Switzerland and Sweden average around 81
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Yeah, supposedly Americans have the "best" medical care in the world. But when it comes to longevity we're not even in the top ten. Now I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but give me a break.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
123JoeSchmo
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by 123JoeSchmo »

East Bronx wrote:Yeah, supposedly Americans have the "best" medical care in the world. But when it comes to longevity we're not even in the top ten. Now I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but give me a break.
If it wasn't for all that disgusting processed junk food we eat we probably would be in the top 10. Lack of exercise can hurt too. But European diets are far more all natural and in all honesty they taste a hell of a lot better.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Great idea for a topic. Always interested in the guys that still bridge a gap to the old days.

About Sal Profaci... I see you list him as "Jr." I was under the impression that the Sal Profaci who is still alive is Joe Profaci's son. At some point I believe I found that Sal Profaci Jr., the son of Joe's brother Sal, died in the late 1970's of cancer or some other illness. Both of the younger Sal Profacis were made in the 1950's and I believe both of them eventually moved to New Jersey, so there is a lot of confusion. I might be wrong myself... I swear that Rosalie or Bill talk about her brother Sal dying in one of their books, though. One of them definitely died in the 1970's.

Frank Profaci also had a son named Sal who I believe is still living, though I've never heard of him being made or even involved in the life. A number of years ago I posted a semi-current photo of Sal Profaci on the Real Deal but it may have actually been Frank's son. I have never seen a clear enough photo of Joe's son Sal to confirm and never seen a photo of Sal Jr. The Sal that I posted definitely appears as a young man in a photo in one of Bill Bonanno's books.

As for Philadelphia, I believe Nicky Scarfo is the last living member from the 1950's. There are a couple that may have been made in the 1960's (Dominick Rugnetta for one, if he's still alive, was definitely made in the 1960's).
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

123JoeSchmo wrote:
East Bronx wrote:Yeah, supposedly Americans have the "best" medical care in the world. But when it comes to longevity we're not even in the top ten. Now I'm as patriotic as the next guy, but give me a break.
If it wasn't for all that disgusting processed junk food we eat we probably would be in the top 10. Lack of exercise can hurt too. But European diets are far more all natural and in all honesty they taste a hell of a lot better.
Yeah but in Europe they are all heavy smokers. In the US the people that smoke are white trash and kids....
Bruno187
Straightened out

Post by Bruno187 »

HairyKnuckles wrote:- For some reason, I have Joseph Messina listed as deceased in 1996. But I can´t find his SSDI entry. I don´t know where I got his YOD from.

- Germaio Anaclerio is listed as Jerry Naclerio in SSDI. (Naclerio may have been his true name.) He died in 1975.

- John Santoro died in 2005.
Andrew Torregrossa Jr died in 2011.

- Matteo DiLorenzo, I am positively sure is deceased. He died sometime between 1975 and 1978, in a NY hospital.

Here´s some more guys:

Bonanno Family

Albert DeAngelis (b 1924)
Gaetano "Tony or Tommy" Lisi (b 1911)

Colombo Family

John "Arrow" Magliocco (b 1919)
Salvatore Mangiameli (b 1929)
Nick Sorrentino (b 1927)

Gambino Family

Gerlando Mancuso (b 1914) (Not to be confused with Gennaro Mancuso)
Nick Melillo (b 1919?)

Genovese Family

Alfred Criscuolo (b 1911)
Louis Prado (b 1909)
Daniel Polidori (b 1915?)
Carlo "Leash or Leach" Silesia (b 1914)

Lucchese Family

Salvatore Maneri (b 1911) (Possibly deported to Italy and died there)
Angelo Tuminaro (b 1910)

I´m sure some of the guys we don´t have any DOD on, were murdered and buried someplace and never found.
Nicky Nelson (Melillo) passed in the late 70's.
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Dwalin2014 »

JD wrote: - Aniello Migliore (DOB 1933) (Disagreement whether made yet)
But could a non-made member have been present at the Apalachin meeting?
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

Dwalin2014 wrote:
JD wrote: - Aniello Migliore (DOB 1933) (Disagreement whether made yet)
But could a non-made member have been present at the Apalachin meeting?
I don´t think there is any evidence of him being present. His job seems to have been driving some of the participant to and from the meeting.

Another guy that perhaps should be on the list is Nicky "The Blond" Frustaci (Genovese member). I´ve seen indications showing he was made in or around 1957. Frustaci is still alive today.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

"Genovese

(Possible)
- Nicholas Galante"

JD, I found a mention of a Nick O´Brien in a report dated June 1973.

Nick O´Brien´s true name was earlier discovered to be Nicholas Galante or Nicholas Galente. If this report is correct, one of these two entries found in SSDI could be the Galante referred to in OP.

Name: Nicholas Galante
State of Issue: New Jersey
Date of Birth: Friday November 25, 1910
Date of Death: February 1973

Name: Nicholas Galente
State of Issue: New York
Date of Birth: Friday October 31, 1919
Date of Death: November 1972
British
Associate

Post by British »

How many listed are still active members?