Buckaloo Ferro

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Re: Buckaloo Ferro

Post by JeremyTheJew »

That was a decent article for the time it was written.

I didnt know that about squiteri but i did know he was busted fir dope so it does make sense. I also thought he was a bx guy originally so thst would also make sense.

Makes me think about the scoops line also about corozzo. Who knows maybe theyll come back to power in 5 yeats

Sent from my LGMS345 using Tapatalk
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

brianwellbrock wrote:I said that Incamelot. That someone would be told to look over them by the boss. Im just saying that random joe Genovese capo probably didnt say hey we need to tax these guys. They were too bog to not just be noticed by the big boys.
Yeah I definitely agree on that one, you're right. I wondered who was likely to be put in charge of liasing with them.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

HairyKnuckles wrote:
InCamelot wrote:
I asked about who the East Harlem Purple Gang kicked up to in the other forum, and its partly behind my curiosity about Buckalo(o) Ferro specifically, as I had saw somewhere he was the 116th captain(?) around that time. I'm curious to who they "answered" to while selling drugs, especially to a crew that was powerful enough to "not need" nor "condone" drug dealing (at least openly right). Was it Buckaloo they kicked up to? Or another? Or a few?
Who oversaw those who eventually became made and made it so they graduated properly to more traditional LCN activities?
I don´t think the Purple Gang kicked up to anyone. They were a wild bunch who were sometimes used by elements of the Mafia for hits, moving drugs, muscle and other dirty work. Joe Pagano used them in the early 1970s when he extorted the sanitation business. Tramunti allegedly used them in the narcotics business. And it is said that the gang was behind the Papadio murder in 1976. Rumors say they killed him for Lilo Galante. They were a wild bunch, uncontrollable and not connected to any Mafia member specifically. By the very late 1970s, they were on the outs and clashed with the Mafia. In 1981, a source told the FBI that both the Gambinos and the Genoveses "continue to have serious problems with the Purple Gang of East Harlem". What the problem exactly was, I don´t know. But possibly they had used unsactioned violence against made members. The Mafia solved the problem by inducting some of the gang´s brigthest lights and left the others to wither. I´m not an expert on the Purple Gang but it seems to me that once those guys were inducted, the gang lost its power.

Wow ok, interesting but sounds like it would make sense.
InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

At some point though, those who were eventually inducted were likely to have begun to be "on the record" with someone in LCN, whether it was Genovese or Lucchese or whoever (although if its Harlem you would imagine its Genovese or Lucchese).
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Does anyone have a list of who the purple gang members were?

And a list of what fams they went to?

Was purple gang lcn structured? Or just boss and soldier

InCamelot
Straightened out

Post by InCamelot »

I would also like to know if there's a list.

I think they were a street gang, a group of wild guys pretty much. Farm team for LCN essentially? like other famous street gangs like Circus Cafe, 42 Gang, etc
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

Rockaway boys in bk.
Tanglewood boys in bk.
Both other lcn recruiting gangs

Bruno187
Straightened out