Murder Contract on Mancuso

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Rocco
Full Patched

Murder Contract on Mancuso

Post by Rocco »

I have been reading up on the testimony of Cicale VS Pisciotti's testimony. Seems the whole contract on Mancuso info came from Cicale where he states the contract was handed down to PJ Pisciotti BUT Pisciotti says this isn't true. That there was no contract to kill Mancuso which was supposedly handed down by Basciano due to Mancuso grabbing power from Vinny.
I am not sure why Pisciotti would lie because he already begain cooperating and fully disclosed his involvement in a prior murder and various RICO crimes. Also interesting is the gym PJ owns in NYC was previously owned by the guy who went down for killin Dee Synders brotherinlaw.
Perhaps the murder contract on Mancuso was made up by Cicale in an attempt to further bury Vinny...?
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Murder Contract on Mancuso

Post by East Bronx »

Rocco wrote:I have been reading up on the testimony of Cicale VS Pisciotti's testimony. Seems the whole contract on Mancuso info came from Cicale where he states the contract was handed down to PJ Pisciotti BUT Pisciotti says this isn't true. That there was no contract to kill Mancuso which was supposedly handed down by Basciano due to Mancuso grabbing power from Vinny.
I am not sure why Pisciotti would lie because he already begain cooperating and fully disclosed his involvement in a prior murder and various RICO crimes. Also interesting is the gym PJ owns in NYC was previously owned by the guy who went down for killin Dee Synders brotherinlaw.
Perhaps the murder contract on Mancuso was made up by Cicale in an attempt to further bury Vinny...?
That's very plausible, Rocco. Mikey isn't very popular but he wasn't worth killing at the time. Vinny had enough going on in his life back then. But I DO love it when these stoolies contradict each other.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Wasn't Pisciotti the Acting Capo who, when asked by authorities, how his duties changed, he said they really didn't?
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

East Bronx wrote:
Rocco wrote:I have been reading up on the testimony of Cicale VS Pisciotti's testimony. Seems the whole contract on Mancuso info came from Cicale where he states the contract was handed down to PJ Pisciotti BUT Pisciotti says this isn't true. That there was no contract to kill Mancuso which was supposedly handed down by Basciano due to Mancuso grabbing power from Vinny.
That's very plausible, Rocco. Mikey isn't very popular but he wasn't worth killing at the time. Vinny had enough going on in his life back then. But I DO love it when these stoolies contradict each other.
EB thanks for the reply being a Bronx guy who better to respond? It sounds right because the feds had a real hard on for Vinny. Cicale freshly indicted for murder could have been slingin everything he could at the feds to get out from under and then along comes PJ and the truth.
Then the flip side of the coin is it could be true but there is no one left for Mancuso to retailate against for the attempted hit...the whole Bronx crew is locked up, flipped or dead. Unless Mancuso made a ton of guys from the bronx who's left out there besides Vinny Jr..?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Chris Christie wrote:Wasn't Pisciotti the Acting Capo who, when asked by authorities, how his duties changed, he said they really didn't?

Yeah that is him.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Rocco wrote:EB thanks for the reply being a Bronx guy who better to respond? It sounds right because the feds had a real hard on for Vinny.
No problem, buddy.
Rocco wrote:the whole Bronx crew is locked up, flipped or dead. Unless Mancuso made a ton of guys from the bronx who's left out there besides Vinny Jr..?
They're invisible, if not non-existent. That they took the kid Ernie and stuck him with Fat Anthony speaks volumes.

Whatever's left in the far East Bronx (no pun intended because of my username) has reverted back to the Luccheses and the Genoveses. They were always the heaviest around Pelham Bay and Throggs Neck anyway. The Gambinos were a little more visible in the Morris Park and Fordham neighborhoods. And the Colombos never really had anything going on here at all, except to say that Richie Fusco and Greg DePalma were pretty friendly and you'd see them together every so often.

So in my opinion the Bonannos are a VERY distant fourth in the Bronx right now.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in your first half-hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker." ---- Rounders.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

East Bronx wrote:and Fordham neighborhoods.

This is the Fordham section of the Bronx. My home. A world unto itself. You can
get to any borough in fifteen minutes from here, but they might as well be three thousand miles away.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
East Bronx wrote:and Fordham neighborhoods.

This is the Fordham section of the Bronx. My home. A world unto itself. You can
get to any borough in fifteen minutes from here, but they might as well be three thousand miles away.

Pogo
Chazz :mrgreen:.
Rocco
Full Patched

Post by Rocco »

Now supposedly PJ grew up in Little Italy? And he doesn't even look Asian??? But seriously did the Bonanno's even have a Little Italy crew? How did he end up with the Bonanno's? I know Canterella Hung out in Little Italy . PJ is a younger guy. Just trying to figure out how he would end up with the Bonanno being he is from Little Italy you would think the Lucheses or the Genovese Family.?
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

JD wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:Wasn't Pisciotti the Acting Capo who, when asked by authorities, how his duties changed, he said they really didn't?
I remember at least one newspaper article mentioning this, but I think the quote was being used out of context. Seems like it was trying to paint the Bonannos as being so much in disarray that even the captains didnt know what was going on, but in Pisciotti's case his lack of knowledge was intentional. By his own admission he was an acting captain for one reason really, so that Basciano and the new admin would have someone watching over all the guys who were formerly under the Bonanno cooperators. Pisciotti was in Frank Coppa's crew previously and had a close relationship with both Coppa's son and Joseph Lino (he gave Lino a gun for protection after his father flipped), but had also dealt with Basciano and other guys who were still wholly trusted. At the time there was some concern over how these guys formerly with the captains that flipped were going to act.
You knew exactly what I was thinking. Thank you for correcting me on the context because that is how I took it: that the Bonanno crews were in tatters.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Rocco wrote:Now supposedly PJ grew up in Little Italy? And he doesn't even look Asian??? But seriously did the Bonanno's even have a Little Italy crew? How did he end up with the Bonanno's? I know Canterella Hung out in Little Italy . PJ is a younger guy. Just trying to figure out how he would end up with the Bonanno being he is from Little Italy you would think the Lucheses or the Genovese Family.?
There was still a little Italy in the 1990's, it dwindled until the last ones went to Staten. The local Italian business owners still have the feast but I doubt it'll be held in 10 more years, at least not in Big China.

Without getting all historical, Elizabeth St was one of the Mafia's premier neighborhoods in NYC, each family operated there. Elizabeth was primarily Sicilian. Mulberry was Napolitan north of Grand, Calabresi south of. If you're Italian from Pittsburgh, especially Wylie Ave chances are you landed on Mulberry St first. 80,000 Italians in that neighborhood in 1920. All gone today.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

If I remember right Pisciotti had an uncle who was close to Mike Sabella. But that's a long time ago and not really my area of expertise, so don't quote me on that.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:If I remember right Pisciotti had an uncle who was close to Mike Sabella. But that's a long time ago and not really my area of expertise, so don't quote me on that.
CaSa Bella was in Little Italy if I recall correctly. Albert Gallo used to go there despite his brother being killed not too far from there.
East Bronx
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by East Bronx »

Chris Christie wrote:
East Bronx wrote:If I remember right Pisciotti had an uncle who was close to Mike Sabella. But that's a long time ago and not really my area of expertise, so don't quote me on that.
CaSa Bella was in Little Italy if I recall correctly. Albert Gallo used to go there despite his brother being killed not too far from there.
Al owns Casa Bella now. It's in his family's name because of the liquor license and all that. But a Gallo is still the owner of record.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

East Bronx wrote:
Chris Christie wrote:
Al owns Casa Bella now. It's in his family's name because of the liquor license and all that. But a Gallo is still the owner of record.
Dan was right again! I wouldn't have any way of knowing that shit myself. Should have wrote "if I recall hearing correctly."