Last "Commission" Meeting

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Re: Last "Commission" Meeting

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Here is what B. posted about it. It does seem most likely that Decicco was the informant in question.

But here are a couple of things to consider:

**** An existing informant tipped off LE about the Staten Island Commission meeting. Aside from those who attended the meeting, all of whom ended up charged in the Commission Case, DeCicco is the only person we positively know of who knew about the time and location of the meeting. The meeting was facilitated by the Gambino family, and DeCicco, who had the run of Staten Island, served as a chauffeur and point of contact for those who attended. It is highly unlikely any of the men at the actual meeting tipped off LE considering they all got sentenced to 100 years in prison as a result. We also don't know of anyone else aside from DeCicco in the Gambino family who knew that the meeting was happening, let alone the specifics of the time/date/location, all of which DeCicco had to know considering his support role at the meeting. Of course it is possible that other people knew, but my point is he is the only person that we positively know of who knew these details.

**** As I said before, Sclafani's other information was correct. He had an inside connection that gave him secret information known to the feds, and his other info prior to the DeCicco rumor was apparently legitimate and helped NY mobsters stay one step ahead of the government. Why would this be wrong? And why would he spread a rumor that could get him killed if it was based on flimsy facts?

**** We know DeCicco was a rulebreaker. He was one of the principal conspirators in the Paul Castellano hit and without him it's possible John Gotti may not have even had the balls to do it, not to mention the fact that it was DeCicco who set Castellano up at Sparks Steakhouse. DeCicco was the reason Gravano and possibly others went along with the plan as well. Someone who is willing to break the cardinal rule of killing a boss might also break other cardinal rules, don't you think? Like say, informing on the bosses of the five families when they have a Commission meeting? Gravano certainly fell into the same category and look what he ended up doing.

We'll never know the answer to this, but as we find out more and more people were CIs, it looks more and more like DeCicco was a rat who informed on the Commission meeting and who knows what else.
The person who gave the info on the Commission meeting was a known informant and I believe they even had a codename for him. Someone might ask what DeCicco's motivation would have been for calling in about the Commission meeting? Well we know he was looking to take his superiors out of the way, hence the Castellano hit, so it's possible he saw this as a similar opportunity. At that point he may have been trying to use the feds to do the dirty work, while later he let Gotti do it.

Oh yeah, one more thing that could have come from DeCicco:

**** When the feds bugged Paul Castellano's home, they had an informant who told them exactly where Castellano talked business with his capos, so that's how they knew where to put the bug. Not that many people were invited into Paul Castellano's home, let alone for high-level meetings, but who was one of his regular trusted visitors and knew Castellano's routine at home? Frank DeCicco. He even appears in two of the few photos that have surfaced from inside of Castellano's house.

Where there's smoke there's fire, and it is interesting to say the least how the source of the flames always seems to come back to DeCicco.
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Re: Last

Post by FriendofHenry »

phatmatress777 wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:Somewhat off-topic, but just to satisfy my curiosity. Does anyone know of post Appalachian meeting held in Pennsylvania?
do u have anymore info about it? I can't find anything and never heard of anything of the nature
What I know fr sure is that a few "Family Friends" from New York came to camp during hunting season. Jo Jo always bought the guys that didn't hunt, my Dad, Nickey D, Chuck DiNardo, Uncle Frank and Pancho the chef, a hunting license in case we had visitors. One year Joe bought a few new Remington 760's with 10 shot clips. I've got no idea where these clips came from. It was the only time I was told that it might be a good idea for me to go home early.

The story goes that Jo Jo's brothers and son-in-law Pat posted these "friends" on in the ridge looking over a well deer traveled valley and put on a drive to run the deer through the valley for some sure shooting. As the drivers got close to the valley they had to duck as it sounded like a fire-fight ahead. When the shooting stopped, the "friends" ran out of ammo, they saw a bunch of deer laying dead. They check every one of the dead deer for antlers - No Cigar. They got everyone out of the woods in a big hurry and let the dead deer lay.

The story continues that this was the first time these guys ever hunted or shot animals ;) Go figure :)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

FriendofHenry wrote:
phatmatress777 wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:Somewhat off-topic, but just to satisfy my curiosity. Does anyone know of post Appalachian meeting held in Pennsylvania?
do u have anymore info about it? I can't find anything and never heard of anything of the nature
What I know fr sure is that a few "Family Friends" from New York came to camp during hunting season. Jo Jo always bought the guys that didn't hunt, my Dad, Nickey D, Chuck DiNardo, Uncle Frank and Pancho the chef, a hunting license in case we had visitors. One year Joe bought a few new Remington 760's with 10 shot clips. I've got no idea where these clips came from. It was the only time I was told that it might be a good idea for me to go home early.

The story goes that Jo Jo's brothers and son-in-law Pat posted these "friends" on in the ridge looking over a well deer traveled valley and put on a drive to run the deer through the valley for some sure shooting. As the drivers got close to the valley they had to duck as it sounded like a fire-fight ahead. When the shooting stopped, the "friends" ran out of ammo, they saw a bunch of deer laying dead. They check every one of the dead deer for antlers - No Cigar. They got everyone out of the woods in a big hurry and let the dead deer lay.

The story continues that this was the first time these guys ever hunted or shot animals ;) Go figure :)
ha ha sounds like it chasing deer is also illegal.. I don't believe in just trophy hunting I always taught if your good enough to kill your good enough to eat it... And I would never pass up venison lol
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

So Bill B. last book has a good timeline for the meetings? Atleast until 67 or so?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I just finished reading boss of bosses again. First time in ten years. God book but seems made up. I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't seem right. Any pics from that Staten Island meeting floating around ?
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Cheech wrote:I just finished reading boss of bosses again. First time in ten years. God book but seems made up. I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't seem right. Any pics from that Staten Island meeting floating around ?
a lot of the stories in there are fabricated
Lupara
Full Patched

Post by Lupara »

Meatball wrote:I wish I could remember exactly which documentary that was.

It was very good and interesting.
National Geographic Channel 'Inside the Mafia' from 2005. I think the particular episode is called 'The Godfathers'. It's can be found Youtube. The 2005 series is better than the one from two years ago.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Cheech wrote:I just finished reading boss of bosses again. First time in ten years. God book but seems made up. I can't put my finger on it but it just doesn't seem right. Any pics from that Staten Island meeting floating around ?
The chapter about the bugging is a total fabrication. The agents who wrote the book weren't even there.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
nash143
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by nash143 »

Here's a photoshopped file I created a while back with a timeline attached.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
furiofromnaples
Full Patched

Post by furiofromnaples »

DPG wrote:So Bill B. last book has a good timeline for the meetings? Atleast until 67 or so?
http://www.americanmafia.com/Allan_May_9-27-99.html

In 1966 the La Stella restaurant accidenti aka the little Apalachin were 13 lcn members was arrested by the police and shortly after released.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

Lupara wrote:
Meatball wrote:I wish I could remember exactly which documentary that was.

It was very good and interesting.
National Geographic Channel 'Inside the Mafia' from 2005. I think the particular episode is called 'The Godfathers'. It's can be found Youtube. The 2005 series is better than the one from two years ago.
Grazie, Lupara.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

nash143 wrote:Here's a photoshopped file I created a while back with a timeline attached.
Nice job, nash. This is exactly what I was talking about. You gotta think the Feds taking these pics thought they won the lottery.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Aren't there pics of the Massino meeting as well?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
NickyEyes1
Straightened out

Post by NickyEyes1 »

nash143 wrote:Here's a photoshopped file I created a while back with a timeline attached.
Could you identify all the guys in the photo? Number 1 is Tony Salerno and 10 is Castellano not sure about the others.
Hailbritain
Full Patched

Post by Hailbritain »

4 is Gerry Langella and 6 is Tommy bilotti