Nicholas Santora Trial

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Chucky
Full Patched

Re: Nicholas Santora Trial

Post by Chucky »

willychichi wrote:I exchanged a couple of emails with Mira Wassef who has been covering it from the courtroom and she reported that the jurors are having a hard time figuring out what enterprise corruption is and the prosecutors did not do a good job of dumbing it down for the jurors. Her take was likely a hung jury as a result.

No verdict in Bonanno mob trial; deliberations resume Monday

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 ... river_home
Did you ask her why they keep referring to Santora as the boss?
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Chucky wrote:
willychichi wrote:I exchanged a couple of emails with Mira Wassef who has been covering it from the courtroom and she reported that the jurors are having a hard time figuring out what enterprise corruption is and the prosecutors did not do a good job of dumbing it down for the jurors. Her take was likely a hung jury as a result.

Good point Chucky, however I don't think she would have replied if I pointed that out to her. She's our only source on this trial, nobody else is covering it.
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Jury Foreperson dismissed from the trial

The jury in the Bonanno mob trial will be in its seventh day of deliberations Monday in state Supreme Court in Manhattan.

Barring a verdict, the panel is only scheduled to deliberate Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday this week.

A new juror has been added to the panel to replace the foreperson that was dismissed Thursday.

Justice Mark Dwyer asked the group to tell the new juror as to the status of their deliberations, and not to consider the conclusions of the dismissed juror.

Read more: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 ... river_home
Obama's a pimp he coulda never outfought Trump, but I didn't know it till this day that it was Putin all along.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chucky wrote:

I'm thinking he may have had an acting admin / ruling panel spot. He had two acting captains apparently reporting to him (Badamo, who was acting for Santora's crew, and Aiello, most likely acting for a Bronx crew), which tells me he was operating at a higher level than captain during the relevant period.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Maybe they are referring to him in the context of his crew.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

willychichi wrote:Jury Foreperson dismissed from the trial

We just want you to know how glad we are a guy like you is on the jury. That mob thing, that Nicky Santora trial. It's a privilege. Hard-working guy. Wife and two kids. Performing a civic duty we should all take part in. We know you'll do the right thing.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Snakes wrote:Maybe they are referring to him in the context of his crew.
That's what I thought, articles normally say "boss in the...."

Why foreman dismissed?
I get it....first rule of fight club.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Pogo The Clown wrote:

We just want you to know how glad we are a guy like you is on the jury. That mob thing, that Nicky Santora trial. It's a privilege. Hard-working guy. Wife and two kids. Performing a civic duty we should all take part in. We know you'll do the right thing.

For those who missed the reference this was Gene Pontecorvo approaching that juror in Uncle Junior's trial. I just changed the name. :mrgreen:

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

Pogo The Clown wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

For those who missed the reference this was Gene Pontecorvo approaching that juror in Uncle Junior's trial. I just changed the name. :mrgreen:

Pogo
:lol: Got it... didn't he also try to pay for the Snickers bar for the guy's daughter? :lol:
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Meatball wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:
Pogo The Clown wrote:

Pogo
:lol: Got it... didn't he also try to pay for the Snickers bar for the guy's daughter? :lol:
"Here, let me get that!"
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Judge declares mistrial in case of Bonanno mob suspects

A judge on Tuesday declared a mistrial in the case against four alleged Bonanno crime family defendants, one of which was from Staten Island.

The shocking development came after eight days of deliberations in state Supreme Court in Manhattan.

The judge made the order after one juror was dismissed Tuesday afternoon because other jurors said he claimed he couldn't hear any of the wiretap calls played during deliberations, and the juror allegedly said he wouldn't use the transcripts, which are not in evidence.

A second juror Tuesday afternoon said he could no longer continue because of tension with others on the panel for his stance.

Read more: http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/20 ... e-featured
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

Wow. Arso now this.
I get it....first rule of fight club.
phatmatress777
Full Patched

Post by phatmatress777 »

Bonnanos up hoes down while u motherfuckers bounce to dis...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

willychichi wrote:The judge made the order after one juror was dismissed Tuesday afternoon because other jurors said he claimed he couldn't hear any of the wiretap calls played during deliberations, and the juror allegedly said he wouldn't use the transcripts, which are not in evidence.

Sounds like someone got to him.

Pogo
willychichi
Full Patched

Post by willychichi »

Here's a follow up piece in the NY Times.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/11/nyreg ... eader.html