Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

bcompola
Prospect

Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Post by bcompola »

Sorry for all the new threads. I sometimes work in Akron Ohio. A bustling Industrial city at one time . I am sure they had to be plenty of mafia types there. Leo "lips" MOceri appears to been the boss of Akron. Until he was killed in 1976. MY question what happened after 1976? Two brothers also appear to been players the La fatch's. Did they take over?
Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Akron Ohio + Italian mafia

Post by Dwalin2014 »

After 1976 I don't know, but when it comes to Akron and the mafia, the first thing I think about is Rosario Borgio (also spelled as Borgia) and how he tried to use Sicilian-style terror tactics against the whole local police department by putting a bounty on each police officer's head. They killed 4, then the gang was caught and went to the chair in 1919, but after that another policeman was killed and 2 wounded by the rest of the gang, according to the book "Wicked Akron".
https://books.google.it/books?id=4x5zvZ ... ia&f=false
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

after Lips got whacked Cleveland lost allot of action in Akron. After the greene war. Big Ange lonardo was basically running the day to day on the streets. Joey Gallo Was the point man. The capo who was thought to be next time line to take over after the old timers Jack White and Big Ange . Along with Tommy Sinito . Gallo was dead set on rebuilding the family. Gallo was in charge of Akron for Cleveland in the late 70's and early 80's Gallo put A young JOe loose in charge of getting there foothold back in Akron and summit county.
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

I heard a rumor that Danny Greene dissolved Lips in acid and then poured him down the drain. :lol:

No idea if that's true, but it's a funny story.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

bcompola wrote:Sorry for all the new threads. I sometimes work in Akron Ohio. A bustling Industrial city at one time . I am sure they had to be plenty of mafia types there. Leo "lips" MOceri appears to been the boss of Akron. Until he was killed in 1976. MY question what happened after 1976? Two brothers also appear to been players the La fatch's. Did they take over?
One of our members knew both brothers, not simply knew of them, he actually did business with at least one of them. Real business, not monkey business :) Maybe he'll chime in :?:
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

The longtime rackets boss in Akron was Jimmy La Fatch. Lips took over well after Jimmy was gone, but LA Fatch and his brother Tony were strong. Patsy Ferruccio had Canton and all of Stark County. Trumbull County (Warren/Niles) was Licavoli and then DelSanter.

Fact is, you're a trolling cum guzzler. No asshole on this planet just comes out of the woodwork asking about Akron, OH. Let alone your Wikipedia "bustling industrial city" bullshit. Two threads on Ohio as a "noob" which is spelled wrong you dumb fuck. I'm from Ohio and I haven't listed two threads on the subject in a long time. Keep listening to your friend, I'm sure he's 100% accurate. If you want to learn about a subject, do a simple google search on books regarding Cleveland, that's what most normal people do. Are you in Norristown, Pennsylvania there Hapu?
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

That escalated quickly.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

JCB1977 wrote:The longtime rackets boss in Akron was Jimmy La Fatch. Lips took over well after Jimmy was gone, but LA Fatch and his brother Tony were strong. Patsy Ferruccio had Canton and all of Stark County. Trumbull County (Warren/Niles) was Licavoli and then DelSanter.

Fact is, you're a trolling cum guzzler. No asshole on this planet just comes out of the woodwork asking about Akron, OH. Let alone your Wikipedia "bustling industrial city" bullshit. Two threads on Ohio as a "noob" which is spelled wrong you dumb fuck. I'm from Ohio and I haven't listed two threads on the subject in a long time. Keep listening to your friend, I'm sure he's 100% accurate. If you want to learn about a subject, do a simple google search on books regarding Cleveland, that's what most normal people do. Are you in Norristown, Pennsylvania there Hapu?
Was pasty with Cleveland at one time ? Switch crime families to get madE?
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote:
JCB1977 wrote:The longtime rackets boss in Akron was Jimmy La Fatch. Lips took over well after Jimmy was gone, but LA Fatch and his brother Tony were strong. Patsy Ferruccio had Canton and all of Stark County. Trumbull County (Warren/Niles) was Licavoli and then DelSanter.

That's an interesting question. I first met Pat in the mid-80's with Henry. We met him at Lenny's motel in North Lima and they went into a office in the back while I made sure no one stole my coffee :) At any rate I always thought pat was a Pittsburgh guy. That doesn't make me right. Maybe JCB's research will shed some light on this.
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:
Stroccos wrote:

That's an interesting question. I first met Pat in the mid-80's with Henry. We met him at Lenny's motel in North Lima and they went into a office in the back while I made sure no one stole my coffee :) At any rate I always thought pat was a Pittsburgh guy. That doesn't make me right. Maybe JCB's research will shed some light on this.
Foh, if he was with it Cleveland it would of been early like the 40-60's . I was wondering if jcb had any findings on this . Or he may of been with Pitt the whole time .
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Considering that when I first met him it was with Henry and Lenny then several times after that it was with Henry, I'm guessing Pittsburgh.
Pat was such a big player in the vending machine business and so smart that I'm sure he did business with anyone and everyone. "It's only business" ;)
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

FriendofHenry wrote:Considering that when I first met him it was with Henry and Lenny then several times after that it was with Henry, I'm guessing Pittsburgh.
Pat was such a big player in the vending machine business and so smart that I'm sure he did business with anyone and everyone. "It's only business" ;)
There is also A chance he agreed to inform on Lenny Strollo .
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

https://www.courtlistener.com/opinion/7 ... ferruccio/?

In this court document . It appears pat " agreed"to inform on Strollo. Now he could of just been pulling the wool over there eyes . But he did use it as part of his appeal .

I also added the picture of the document where it states about possibly being with Cleveland . May be accurate maybe not as we don't know who the informer was
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:Considering that when I first met him it was with Henry and Lenny then several times after that it was with Henry, I'm guessing Pittsburgh.
There is also A chance he agreed to inform on Lenny Strollo .
That would surprise me as I thought that Pat and Lenny "came up" together. Then again, nothing that some of these guys did should surprise me.
Hell, Lenny and Bernie grew-up together and were best friends. We all know that when push came to shove that Lenny gave Bernie up in a New York Minute :(
JCB1977
Filthy Few

Post by JCB1977 »

Stroccos wrote:
FriendofHenry wrote:
Stroccos wrote:

Foh, if he was with it Cleveland it would of been early like the 40-60's . I was wondering if jcb had any findings on this . Or he may of been with Pitt the whole time .

Pat Ferruccio was closely associated with Cleveland for a very long time until he had a fallen out with Jack Licavoli. He was made into Pittsburgh after he and Licavoli had the fallen out. I'll send yuou a few FBI docs
"I figure I’m gonna have to do about 6000 years before I get accepted into heaven. And 6000 years is nothing in eternity terms. I can do that standing on my head. It’s like a couple of days here."

-Pauly Walnuts, RIP