Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

motorfab
Full Patched

Re: Motorfab's Blog: Une Histoire de Crime Organisé

Post by motorfab »

New article dedicated to the Alcamo mafiosi Giuseppe, Salvatore & Serafino Mancuso.

From the 1930s to the mid-1960s the three brothers were responsible for importing hundreds of kilos of heroin thanks to their connections on both sides of the Atlantic. They were notably connected (among others) to mobsters such as Frank Coppola, Vincenzo Rimi, Salvatore Zizzo, Antoine Zirano, Anthony Giardano or Antoine Cordoliani

https://unehistoiredecrimeorganise.blog ... -york.html
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Really cool article Fab. Couple Questions: If Serafino got 40 years in France May 1936 how was he serving time in prisons in the U.S. for example Leavenworth to Atlanta to Alcatraz until deportation for him to Italy in 1947. Giuseppe getting 40 years on December 13 1936 in the U.S. makes sense for him to be getting moved from prison to prison.(40 yrs Salvatore May 10th 1935 is just insane, all 3 brothers sentenced to 40 years at some point is just mind boggling) Did any of them serve the full 40 years, the timelines can get confusing for me after trying to process what I'm reading.

Giuseppe Mancuso having been deported for Illegal entry or molestation is interesting because he was made after that back in Italy. In your article it says the person he molested was a sailor who also reported hm for opium trafficking. My question is do you think the newspaper journalists were right over the bureau, if so do you think Joe Mancuso was a closeted bi person as sailors are traditionally males especially in those days.

Is there a picture of Angelo DiCarlo, the lucchese member turned Corleone consigliere

The Liberale Parrino in handcuff picture is too good, he looked like he knew he got away with it and was fine getting arrested because it was so many years later.

I'm curious about the Faila character, him being a bootlegger in the 1920's U.S. only peaks interest as for what kind of connections he had in the U.S. You mentioned Nicola Gentile and Alfonso Attardi, those would be big Mangano family connections for Serafino. I wonder what if any relation there is to Jimmy Brown Faila as the network connections track to the Gambino's. Do you know of any familial connection between these Mancuso's and the Bonanno boss today or is their ancestry just from a similar region in Trapani. Thanks a lot
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

OmarSantista wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 1:48 pm Really cool article Fab. Couple Questions: If Serafino got 40 years in France May 1936 how was he serving time in prisons in the U.S. for example Leavenworth to Atlanta to Alcatraz until deportation for him to Italy in 1947. Giuseppe getting 40 years on December 13 1936 in the U.S. makes sense for him to be getting moved from prison to prison.(40 yrs Salvatore May 10th 1935 is just insane, all 3 brothers sentenced to 40 years at some point is just mind boggling) Did any of them serve the full 40 years, the timelines can get confusing for me after trying to process what I'm reading.

Giuseppe Mancuso having been deported for Illegal entry or molestation is interesting because he was made after that back in Italy. In your article it says the person he molested was a sailor who also reported hm for opium trafficking. My question is do you think the newspaper journalists were right over the bureau, if so do you think Joe Mancuso was a closeted bi person as sailors are traditionally males especially in those days.

Is there a picture of Angelo DiCarlo, the lucchese member turned Corleone consigliere

The Liberale Parrino in handcuff picture is too good, he looked like he knew he got away with it and was fine getting arrested because it was so many years later.

I'm curious about the Faila character, him being a bootlegger in the 1920's U.S. only peaks interest as for what kind of connections he had in the U.S. You mentioned Nicola Gentile and Alfonso Attardi, those would be big Mangano family connections for Serafino. I wonder what if any relation there is to Jimmy Brown Faila as the network connections track to the Gambino's. Do you know of any familial connection between these Mancuso's and the Bonanno boss today or is their ancestry just from a similar region in Trapani. Thanks a lot
Thank you very much for the feedback!

I will try to answer your questions as best I can:

-Serafino Mancuso was arrested, tried and sentenced in New York, not in France (maybe I explained it badly, if so my bad). Serafino & Salvatore each served a little over 10 years in prison in the USA before being deported

According to the Alcatraz files I posted at the end of the article (and here viewtopic.php?t=6785&start=195), they were also under deportation proceedings by the immigration services. I suppose it was cheaper to deport them rather than keep 2 prisoners in detention.

-I'm not sure to understand your question for Giuseppe Mancuso (sorry), it seems that the google translator on the article makes it think of a sex crime, is that it? This is not the case, it is a kidnapping case, the kidnapped guy would have denounced Mancuso for opium trafficking. Thank you, I will try to modify this passage, it is clear in French but apparently not in English (I think it is the word "molesté" that poses a problem, in French it also has the meaning of mistreated or keeping someone prisoner)

You are also asking me if the press is informed by the police? Without hesitation yes. Even though some journalists have a lot of imagination, most of the time their main sources are cops or thugs.

-Nothing could be easier for Angelo DiCarlo, Justin Cascio wrote an article about him and there is a photo :) https://mafiagenealogy.com/2017/02/20/t ... reat-wars/

If you have the FBN book, Angelo's profile is on page 787. Calogero is on page 426

-For Parrino, ironically he had just been convicted when the photo was taken. He would have shouted just before "there is no justice here, I'm innocent"

-Failla is an enigma to me. I thought he was previously in Chicago because the first time I heard about him he was described as a buddy of Al Capone. But you know the press, every time someone trafficked alcohol it was necessarily a subordinate of Capone ... lol. We talk about it a bit here with PolackTony (it's also thanks to him that I got on the Mancuso/Zirano trail later, thanks Tony) viewtopic.php?p=240672&hilit=failla#p240672

I think it was mainly Gennaro Caputo aka "Jean" or "John" who was connected with Gentile & Attardi rather than the Mancusos, but the link, even very indirect, deserved to be noted I think.

No idea if Peppino was a relative of James Failla, and I've never really been interested in Michael Mancuso, so I don't know at all if he was related to the Mancusos of Alcamo (the name is also quite common)
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

A+

Do you know where the Mancusos lived in Brooklyn? Williamsburg and Bushwick attracted Alcamesi along with Castellammaresi and other Trapanese paesans, be curious if they were there. With that in mind, also interesting they were cousins of Parrinos from Alcamo given the Bonanno/Detroit Parrinos were from Alcamo.

Do you know where Failla was from in Sicily or where he lived in the US in the 1920s?

Thank you.

--

Omar -- Mikey Mancuso's heritage is Salernitan / Campanian so no relation to these Sicilians.
OmarSantista
Straightened out

Post by OmarSantista »

Thanks for clearing that up and for all the references guys!
motorfab
Full Patched

Post by motorfab »

B. wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 7:02 pm A+

Do you know where the Mancusos lived in Brooklyn? Williamsburg and Bushwick attracted Alcamesi along with Castellammaresi and other Trapanese paesans, be curious if they were there. With that in mind, also interesting they were cousins of Parrinos from Alcamo given the Bonanno/Detroit Parrinos were from Alcamo.

Do you know where Failla was from in Sicily or where he lived in the US in the 1920s?

Thank you.

--

Omar -- Mikey Mancuso's heritage is Salernitan / Campanian so no relation to these Sicilians.
Thanks !

Salvatore lived at 62 Kingsland Avenue, I don't know about his brothers

Unfortunately I don't know where Giuseppe Failla was previously before landing to the 9 rue Mansart. In addition to Mexico he seems to have contacts in New York, so I assume he was there. I haven't found any articles on him before 1939, but I'll try to do some digging.

----

Note: except for Parrino which is a familiar name thanks to Joe and Rosario (relatives?), the other Italian names are unknown to me. I would love to know more about "Jim Raspanti" if that is his real name.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Ok so they were in the NE Williamsburg area. Very likely they were in the Bonanno orbit.