How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Re: How is active the DeCavalcante family?

Post by Massive-Sail »

Tonyd621 wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 5:00 pm
B. wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2024 11:13 am "Luca Vitale" in the book is Merlo Jr.

Despite some misinfo that "Milk" was someone else, I shared some years ago that "Milk" was the nickname for multiple generations of Merlos. I later contacted the co-author of Giovanni's Ring who confirmed that "Milk" aka "Luca Vitale" was Merlo Jr.
Why did he use physeudoms? So no one can keep track of his bullshit?
many of them had no criminal records and the FBI didn’t want that he published the book with those name.
essentially he censored anything you can’t google.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/na ... d=55753091
DeCavalcante soldier James “jimmy dirt” Castaldo died
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

Massive-Sail wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 9:22 am https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/na ... d=55753091
DeCavalcante soldier James “jimmy dirt” Castaldo died
Considering 1/3 of the family is in their mid 80s to 90s, he definitely wasn't who I thought would have been the next to go. If I'm not mistaken, Vastola is still alive and not too far off from 100.
All roads lead to New York.
Makaveli
Straightened out

Post by Makaveli »

Is Stango not at the least shelved after the whole Rocco infiltration saga ?

By the way Giovanni recently did a 4 hour Interview and went into the greatest get about the case https://youtu.be/kZAHHpsPzv0?si=6RaXG2pxB8G8DSFn
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

another great use of a cop and taxpayer money. getting a bunch of wiggers who sell coke.
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Makaveli wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:21 pm By the way Giovanni recently did a 4 hour Interview and went into the greatest get about the case https://youtu.be/kZAHHpsPzv0?si=6RaXG2pxB8G8DSFn

Some great stuff in this interview. Some new tidbits like Joe Merlo being the UnderBoss and Carl Corsentino and Joe Sclafani being Captains during that period.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Manf
Straightened out

Post by Manf »

Has Pennisi talked about any dealings with the DeCavalcante family? Being in Staten Island based crew seems like a good possibility. Family seems dead but what do I know.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Manf wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:47 am Has Pennisi talked about any dealings with the DeCavalcante family? Being in Staten Island based crew seems like a good possibility. Family seems dead but what do I know.
IIRC, he has said in the past outside of the NY families he only met members from Philadelphia.
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

Manf wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 4:47 am Has Pennisi talked about any dealings with the DeCavalcante family? Being in Staten Island based crew seems like a good possibility. Family seems dead but what do I know.
its more probably that he met them when he was close to Joe Perna and I know for a fact that Joe Perna,Anthony Soft Shoes and Joey Schifilliti were close.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:53 pm
Makaveli wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2024 10:21 pm By the way Giovanni recently did a 4 hour Interview and went into the greatest get about the case https://youtu.be/kZAHHpsPzv0?si=6RaXG2pxB8G8DSFn

Some great stuff in this interview. Some new tidbits like Joe Merlo being the UnderBoss and Carl Corsentino and Joe Sclafani being Captains during that period.

Pogo
Yep, great to have that confirmed. I remember speculating that Merlo as "street boss" was actually underboss since nobody was otherwise ID'd in that role and that Sclafani might be a captain given he was meeting with a captain and boss from the Bonannos and Philly.

Corsentino is one I wouldn't have guessed though. Important longtime member but very interesting he was a captain.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

So hierarchy as of 2015 would have been:

Boss: John Riggi
Acting Boss: Charles Majuri (possibly also a capo)
Underboss / 'Street Boss': Joseph Merlo Jr
Consigliere: Frank Nigro
Capo: Joseph Collina
Capo: Carl Corsentino
Capo: Emanuel Riggi
Capo: Joseph Sclafani
Capo: Charles Stango
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Along with being a college educated funeral director, Corsentino was also the Vice President of the local Board of Education in the past. May have had his hand in construction too as when Riggi got city approval to move the Columbus statue he went to Corsentino along with Simone Palermo to oversee the actual labor and logistics. Member Girolamo Guarraggi who died a few years ago also sat on the Board of Education.
Massive-Sail
Straightened out

Post by Massive-Sail »

B. wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2024 2:06 pm
Pogo The Clown wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2024 8:53 pm

Pogo
Yep, great to have that confirmed. I remember speculating that Merlo as "street boss" was actually underboss since nobody was otherwise ID'd in that role and that Sclafani might be a captain given he was meeting with a captain and boss from the Bonannos and Philly.

Corsentino is one I wouldn't have guessed though. Important longtime member but very interesting he was a captain.
what meeting you are talking about?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Lovaglio met with Merlino, some other Philly members, and Joe Sclafani of the DeCavalcantes.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

IMG_4644.jpeg

Lovaglio's testimony on the meeting Sclafani attended. It was an initial meeting where he was introduced to Merlino for the purposes of doing business in the future.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.