Brawl outside chickie and Pete’s “high ranking mobster knocked out”

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Proletarian187
Straightened out

Re: Brawl outside chickie and Pete’s “high ranking mobster knocked out”

Post by Proletarian187 »

I'm gonna apologize for my last little comment. I'm a big proponent of a civilized, polite tone of dialogue and I failed on that. However, it's not like you're actually trying to discuss in good faith. Hence, my frustration.

English is not my first language so maybe I'm not making myself as clear as I wanna think sometimes. And I like to speculate and ramble and theorize on the "meta" intricacies of these topics so I'm sure it gets confusing from time to time.

When I wrote "The mob is dead" I obviously didn't mean lcn doesn't exist. I mean that the idea and perception of the mafia as this elite, untouchable superclass of criminals who control large sections of the underworld is dead and gone. That's what I meant by "illusion/delusion" etc..

When the mafia no longer enforces the rule of "lay hands on a made guy and you're dead".. Or even punishes co operators, it's a slippery slope towards no longer being feared and respected on the streets. Pretty obvious to me.
Carbine genius
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Proletarian187 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 11:46 am I'm gonna apologize for my last little comment. I'm a big proponent of a civilized, polite tone of dialogue and I failed on that. However, it's not like you're actually trying to discuss in good faith. Hence, my frustration.

English is not my first language so maybe I'm not making myself as clear as I wanna think sometimes. And I like to speculate and ramble and theorize on the "meta" intricacies of these topics so I'm sure it gets confusing from time to time.

When I wrote "The mob is dead" I obviously didn't mean lcn doesn't exist. I mean that the idea and perception of the mafia as this elite, untouchable superclass of criminals who control large sections of the underworld is dead and gone. That's what I meant by "illusion/delusion" etc..

When the mafia no longer enforces the rule of "lay hands on a made guy and you're dead".. Or even punishes co operators, it's a slippery slope towards no longer being feared and respected on the streets. Pretty obvious to me.
Beatings. Shootings. Fires. Gang assaults. Robberies. Punishment happens all the time in today's mafia. In America yes murders are down to barely any. Doesn't mean violence doesn't go on all the time.
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:04 pm Beatings. Shootings. Fires. Gang assaults. Robberies. Punishment happens all the time in today's mafia. In America yes murders are down to barely any. Doesn't mean violence doesn't go on all the time.
I think Pizzaboy/East Bronx put it best when he said "even if they only kill one guy every five years, no one wants to be that guy."

Still, there have been so few murders lately that I do think it my cause discipline to erode. Didn't Pennisi say something to that effect a while back?
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Newyorkempire
Full Patched

Post by Newyorkempire »

Ivan wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 3:20 pm
Newyorkempire wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 12:04 pm Beatings. Shootings. Fires. Gang assaults. Robberies. Punishment happens all the time in today's mafia. In America yes murders are down to barely any. Doesn't mean violence doesn't go on all the time.
I think Pizzaboy/East Bronx put it best when he said "even if they only kill one guy every five years, no one wants to be that guy."

Still, there have been so few murders lately that I do think it my cause discipline to erode. Didn't Pennisi say something to that effect a while back?
True when it comes to murders. But no one wants to be jumped, robbed, car set on fire, shot at, house shot at, etc. etc. either
"Dont leave me alone with your wife."
mike68
Straightened out

Post by mike68 »

This thread has gone sideways
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

mike68 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:21 pm This thread has gone sideways
Yep. I have deleted some posts in this thread. Proletarian187 said it best, let´s focus o the topic. Otherwise I will close it.
There you have it, never printed before.
AntComello
Full Patched

Post by AntComello »

Imagine how ugly this could have gotten if this was still the 80s/90s. Someone would be dead by now.
That’s the guy, Adriana. My Uncle Tony. The guy I’m going to hell for.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

HairyKnuckles wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2024 1:08 am
mike68 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2024 6:21 pm This thread has gone sideways
Yep. I have deleted some posts in this thread. Proletarian187 said it best, let´s focus o the topic. Otherwise I will close it.
Yeah every thread is like this now. Lots of Scott-bashing tirades not getting moved to the Scott thread, too.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

I guess FBI is always working on building racketeering cases against a well known lcn member like Chang. No matter if he's actually involved in criminal activity or not. But do you guys think they actually have something serious lined up or is this just a way of getting headlines and embarassing him and the philly guys?

If the feds are trying to paint a couple of phone calls and backing up your nieces who get assaulted as racketeering, that's more embarassing for them than anyone else?
Carbine genius
OcSleeper
Full Patched

Post by OcSleeper »

Where you seeing the feds involved in this? Philly PD is who arrested everyone.
Proletarian187
Straightened out

Post by Proletarian187 »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:50 pm Where you seeing the feds involved in this? Philly PD is who arrested everyone.
My bad, got it confused because of the conspiracy part. Still seems very over the top.
Carbine genius
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

OcSleeper wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2024 12:50 pm Where you seeing the feds involved in this? Philly PD is who arrested everyone.
They made the arrest; review the charges against John C. vs. the brother instigators. This is clearly the FEDs and the reporting was that they are investigation. Why investigate a minor fire at a cheesesteak construction site?
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 6:13 am
They made the arrest; review the charges against John C. vs. the brother instigators. This is clearly the FEDs and the reporting was that they are investigation. Why investigate a minor fire at a cheesesteak construction site?
The local police made the arrest, not the feds. This was a bar fight so the feds would have no jurisdiction (unless they were potentially in Jersey and crossed state lines - but that’s a stretch). The attempted firebombing (arson) has a higher likelihood of being tied to organized crime because it being an alleged mob boss’s place. If it’s a random act of violence, even if the feds catch them, there won’t be federal charges. The feds would have to roll it into a racketeering indictment if they want to charge.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

jmack wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:12 am
The local police made the arrest, not the feds. This was a bar fight so the feds would have no jurisdiction (unless they were potentially in Jersey and crossed state lines - but that’s a stretch). The attempted firebombing (arson) has a higher likelihood of being tied to organized crime because it being an alleged mob boss’s place. If it’s a random act of violence, even if the feds catch them, there won’t be federal charges. The feds would have to roll it into a racketeering indictment if they want to charge.
My point was, based on the charges directed at JC, the FEDs were in the background pushing for as much jail time as possible.
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 5:30 pm
jmack wrote: Wed Aug 21, 2024 8:12 am
My point was, based on the charges directed at JC, the FEDs were in the background pushing for as much jail time as possible.
I don’t think there is any evidence of that right now. He wasn’t on scene at the time so the conspiracy charge is the phone call and him showing up. The feds aren’t the only ones with a hard on for him. The PPD would love to have that notch in their belt as well.