Peter Tocco dies

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Bing Bang 74
Straightened out

Peter Tocco dies

Post by Bing Bang 74 »

Peter Dominic Tocco from Detroit has died:
https://www.wasikfuneralhome.com/obitua ... !/Obituary
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Peter Tocco dies

Post by Adam »

His FBI file would be an interesting read. And now that he's dead we should be able to request it. Peter Dominic Tocco's involvement in the Detroit mob was always interesting. I'd never even heard of him until his bust in 2006 with Jackie Giacalone and by then I'd already been researching the Detroit mob for almost a decade and his name never came up. Except I think that maybe Nove or Paul Corrado mentioned him once in one of their bugged car conversations. But then we find out later that he's a suspect in two of the 1980s mob murders. Impressive that he stayed under the radar for that long.
Tocco686
Straightened out

Post by Tocco686 »

He was actually a pretty laid back guy. I used to see him all the time at the Stage Deli with Giacalone. I had one conversation with him when we sat near each other a Churchills Cigar Lounge in Birmingham. I never led on I knew who he was. We talked about Cigars. He asked me what I was drinking, I told him 1738 Remy neat. We found out we had mutual friends and relatives. He actually bought me and my buddy a round as he got up to leave. I’ll never forget what he told us. Don’t drink too much, cops are pricks around here. Lol. My friend doesn’t follow Mafia stuff so he had no idea. Might not sound like an interesting story to most. But, it was pretty cool. He wasn’t at all like I expected him to be.
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Good post Tocco. Interesting to actually get an idea of the guy in real life. I'm guessing most of these guys were inactive this century. Must've made decent money to walk away, without a 9-5.

Good read mate, cheers.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.