"Active" Genovese social club photo

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

"Active" Genovese social club photo

Post by sdeitche »

I walked by the late Petey Red DiChiara's social club on Market St in lower Manhattan on Sunday. Not at all suspicious looking!

Supposedly still frequented.

Yotam
Associate

Re: "Active" Genovese social club photo

Post by Yotam »

sdeitche wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 8:48 am I walked by the late Petey Red DiChiara's social club on Market St in lower Manhattan on Sunday. Not at all suspicious looking!

Supposedly still frequented.

Nice paint job. Probably a game of Continental Rummy going on inside or something. lol
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

Gets a lot of natural sunlight inside
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

I was lucky enough to go past while the door was open when I went to New York. It was incredibly dark inside but I could hear talking. I sat at those chessboards across the street for almost an hour waiting for someone to drive up and dump a body or something :lol:

Great photos!
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:39 am I was lucky enough to go past while the door was open when I went to New York. It was incredibly dark inside but I could hear talking. I sat at those chessboards across the street for almost an hour waiting for someone to drive up and dump a body or something :lol:

Great photos!
That's great. I told my wife I should knock, but she was not into that idea at all!
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

sdeitche wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:41 am
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:39 am I was lucky enough to go past while the door was open when I went to New York. It was incredibly dark inside but I could hear talking. I sat at those chessboards across the street for almost an hour waiting for someone to drive up and dump a body or something :lol:

Great photos!
That's great. I told my wife I should knock, but she was not into that idea at all!
I feel like it's one the rare locations in Manhattan where outsiders are spotted quick. There was hardly any foot traffic around when I was there. Check out Bamonte's Restaurant too - me and my family had dinner literally one table over from Sonny Franzese and his nephew John Capolino.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
MichaelGiovanni
Straightened out

Post by MichaelGiovanni »

My wife and I walked past it when we were on vacation in December of 2022. A nice cadillac pulled up in front and sat there for maybe a minute. Then a guy got out and just pulled on the clubs door to see if it was open, and it was, but then he walked back to his car and drove off quickly. It was very odd.
Nice rug ya got here kid...it’d be great for a craps game
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

I believe this is the current Google Maps street view, but they're normally older.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7108367 ... &entry=ttu

I like the random three cones so no one will park there.
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

Great photos!
In 1991 or 92 I dared my girlfriend to walk into the Ravenite and ask if they "were open" like she mistook it for a restaurant. There were probably 10 or so guys inside and she did it. Walked all the way in. I stayed out on the sidewalk and could hear a guy yell, "IT'S PRIVATE!"
The Greek
Straightened out

Post by The Greek »

gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:48 am

Great photos!
I feel like it's one the rare locations in Manhattan where outsiders are spotted quick. There was hardly any foot traffic around when I was there. Check out Bamonte's Restaurant too - me and my family had dinner literally one table over from Sonny Franzese and his nephew John Capolino.
Go sit in Caffe Palermo and watch Baby John DeLutro hold court. I've watched guys walk in and hand him envelopes. A couple of nights ago there were 6 or so guys sitting around a table with him in the back. I went to the counter to get a biscotti(they're the best in my opinion) and he got up to serve me.
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

The Greek wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:30 pm

Great photos!
In 1991 or 92 I dared my girlfriend to walk into the Ravenite and ask if they "were open" like she mistook it for a restaurant. There were probably 10 or so guys inside and she did it. Walked all the way in. I stayed out on the sidewalk and could hear a guy yell, "IT'S PRIVATE!"
That's awesome!
sdeitche
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by sdeitche »

Adam wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 2:25 pm I believe this is the current Google Maps street view, but they're normally older.

https://www.google.com/maps/@40.7108367 ... &entry=ttu

I like the random three cones so no one will park there.
Yeah ,I saw that when I was confirming the address. Not sure how long the scaffolding has been on the building.
Philly d
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Philly d »

MichaelGiovanni wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 12:07 pm My wife and I walked past it when we were on vacation in December of 2022. A nice cadillac pulled up in front and sat there for maybe a minute. Then a guy got out and just pulled on the clubs door to see if it was open, and it was, but then he walked back to his car and drove off quickly. It was very odd.
why is that odd? he got back in his car and parked and came back.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

the only way to rreally not arouse suspiciion is to run along the river and then cut over in sweaty clothes.

i looked in several times but not lately bc even if i turn around there, i have to loop around si ferry almost all the way up to canal on wst side. too far for me and too boring
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

The Greek wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 4:35 pm
gohnjotti wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2024 11:48 am

Great photos!
Go sit in Caffe Palermo and watch Baby John DeLutro hold court. I've watched guys walk in and hand him envelopes. A couple of nights ago there were 6 or so guys sitting around a table with him in the back. I went to the counter to get a biscotti(they're the best in my opinion) and he got up to serve me.
best cannoli in the city. he works his balls off!
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!