Guys who "seemed" made but weren't

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

PolackTony
Filthy Few

Re: Guys who "seemed" made but weren't

Post by PolackTony »

I don’t recall Lonardo ever testifying that Ronnie Carabbia was made. Lonardo claimed, of course, that Cleveland didn’t want to approve the hit on Charlie Crab out of “respect” for Ronnie and his family, but he didn’t say that Ronnie was made (if I’m wrong, and Lonardo did in fact make this claim somewhere else and I missed it, someone please correct me).

In “25 Years After Valachi”, the Feds designated Ronnie as an associate as of his 1982 RICO conviction:

"Hey, hey, hey — this is America, baby! Survival of the fittest.”
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

If I remember right JCB claimed that Jack Licavoli made Carabbia when they were in prison together after their conviction.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
Snakes
Full Patched

Post by Snakes »

Was Carrabia on the 1993 list?
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Snakes wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 6:42 pm Was Carrabia on the 1993 list?

He was not.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:50 pm If I remember right JCB claimed that Jack Licavoli made Carabbia when they were in prison together after their conviction.

That is also my understanding. He was made to insure his silence. He was also reassured that his family would be taken care of.

Pogo
T
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Stroccos
Full Patched

Post by Stroccos »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Sun May 19, 2024 4:50 pm If I remember right JCB claimed that Jack Licavoli made Carabbia when they were in prison together after their conviction.

Pogo
They weren’t in prison together after there conviction , they may have been in county jail for a brief spell .
"if he's such A sports wizard , whys he tending bar ?" Nicky Scarfo
FriendofHenry
Full Patched

Post by FriendofHenry »

Stroccos wrote: Tue May 21, 2024 1:00 pm

Pogo
They weren’t in prison together after there conviction , they may have been in county jail for a brief spell .
Fair enough - I consider you the most knowledgeable of the old Cleveland LCN ;)
"Never walk in a room unless you know your way out" - Henry Zottola
Adam
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Adam »

This will probably involve some debate. And I know Scott disagrees. Sorry Scott, you're awesome! But for Detroit, I still haven't seen actual evidence Nove Tocco was made. He never gave an induction ceremony description ever. And the Detroit FBI would have broadcast that. So that one I think is questionable.
Extortion
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Extortion »

“Seemed to he made” ….Well did you meet any of them or see them anywhere to make a judgement? …probably not. /end speculation
“In Italian, La Cosa Nostra is also known as ‘our headache.’” -Jerry Anguilo
Ridgewood 79
Prospect

Post by Ridgewood 79 »

Had many of these guys in my neighborhood ( Bushwick/Ridgewood two that come to mind is two guys around Phil rastelli one was the old man winters ( Irish guy) yeah I know he came off Italian but lots of respect growing up I always thought he was up there cause of the level of respect and tony the Indian (lnu) he was real close to rastelli and a real tough guy but never made! Yeah there was tons of these guys in that life
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

ridgewood- never heard of those guys. very interesting.

im sure we'd all like to hear whatever you comfortable talking bout
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!