Black Hand Forum 10th Anniversary

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Black Hand Forum 10th Anniversary

Post by johnny_scootch »

In a few months the forum will have a decade under its belt. I’m not sure how but I believe the occasion should be marked in some way, shape or form. Any ideas?
Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Black Hand Forum 10th Anniversary

Post by Cheech »

Man. How time flies. When did you join? I just looked. Oct 25th 2014 for me.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

It is actually going on 12 years. In 2014 is when the forum switched servers.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:54 am It is actually going on 12 years. In 2014 is when the forum switched servers.

Pogo
Is that right? For years I’ve been thinking those ‘Joined on’ dates were legit. Why do the longest tenured members all have different 2014 dates if that’s just when the server switched? I don’t know much about servers and the like someone enlighten me.

I could have sworn October 2014 is when most of us left the Real Deal to join here. Was it 2012 when that happened?
Last edited by johnny_scootch on Wed May 15, 2024 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
John W
Straightened out

Post by John W »

I go back even further than Black Hand, back to the Real Deal and American Mafia forum days
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:19 am
Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 7:54 am It is actually going on 12 years. In 2014 is when the forum switched servers.

Pogo
Is that right? For years I’ve been thinking those ‘Joined on’ dates were legit. Why do the longest tenured members all have different 2014 dates if that’s just when the server switched? I don’t know much about servers and the like someone enlighten me.

I could have sworn October 2014 is when most of us left the Real Deal to join here. Was it 2012 when that happened?

I’m not sure of the mechanics of it. Maybe everyone had to re-register? I don’t remember. It was definitely 2012 because I joined just before Gino DiPietro got whacked and it was big topic of conversation. I remember the switch because I was involved in moving many of the more valuable posts over so so they wouldn’t be lost.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
antimafia
Full Patched

Post by antimafia »

johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Smh I got a case of the Mandela effect. Well I’ll make this post again in 3 years for 15. Thank for the correction.
HairyKnuckles
Full Patched

Post by HairyKnuckles »

The forum is soon (well within a year and some months) heading into its teenaged years. Who would have thought? Thanks to Sol and all the great posters, this site is the greatest. Will have a shot of brandy after finishing this post.
There you have it, never printed before.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

I will have been on the forums for 25 (that's twenty-five) years this September. Was thinking of doing something to celebrate it, but I'm not really sure what that might entail.
EYYYY ALL YOU CHOOCHES OUT THERE IT'S THE KID
jmack
Straightened out

Post by jmack »

Didn’t Franzese get the date he was made wrong? You’re in terrible company 😂
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Pogo The Clown wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:54 am
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 8:19 am

Pogo

I’m not sure of the mechanics of it. Maybe everyone had to re-register? I don’t remember. It was definitely 2012 because I joined just before Gino DiPietro got whacked and it was big topic of conversation. I remember the switch because I was involved in moving many of the more valuable posts over so so they wouldn’t be lost.

Pogo
Yeah it was a different URL and we all had to re-register on this one. I remember because some people had trouble re-registering and I also had access to the old version of the board for a couple years after the switch.
Stopflexing
Straightened out

Post by Stopflexing »

I haven’t been on this forum that long.. but I started posting back in the American Mafia days with good old Steve Picasso Lennehan, Louie The Hammer, Kenny Torro and Canuck Jilly. What wild times they were 😂
AustraliaSteve
Straightened out

Post by AustraliaSteve »

Ivan wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 1:34 pm I will have been on the forums for 25 (that's twenty-five) years this September. Was thinking of doing something to celebrate it, but I'm not really sure what that might entail.
I see you, Ivan. I’m the same. Started mob-watching and lurked from ‘04, first posted to GBB in 2006. From there to Real Deal, Streetgangs and finally here. It’s been a ride. I look back at older stuff and it’s crazy just how much my understanding has evolved (of course, I look at ‘ndrangheta stuff more than LCN).
NothingNew44
Straightened out

Post by NothingNew44 »

Fantastic