Skinny Joey

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

MoLarryCurly
Straightened out

Re: Skinny Joey

Post by MoLarryCurly »

Cheech wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:03 am We heard this when he was posting stuff on instagram. We heard for years no one liked him.
Then it comes out Fat Andy loved him. And thats coming from his son.
Pennissi who u guys love said he was able to get a table at peter lugers because lenny dimaria was able to get it for him.
He was at patsy parrellos christmas party and was close with rooster an acting westside capo.
He murdered and had friends murdered for CN. His dad was the underboss to scarfo. He did half his life in jail. Step down? I cant see it. This podcast thing has been in the works for a few years. Its not out of the blue.

Table at Peter Lugers? lol anyone can get a table when they tell you there booked or there’s a hour wait you tell the guy come I’ll take care of you and shake his hand with 40$.
You know I could have worked for U P fucking S and made more money then this....
moneyman
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by moneyman »

The Rubeo wiretaps he played on his last podcast was interesting.. you hear Rubeo talking about how much his book deal is potentially worth, how Inzerillo the FBI agent is running his own scams.. that case was weird from the jump

My two cents on Nadu is that he didn't know a lot about LCN history prior to starting his show.. and is learning more as he goes on (same w OC Shortz, Lee Cole etc) Nadu is def trying to be involved with Joey in some way - it's been said Merlino won't be involved with Nadu because Nadu has informants on his show, although Nadu had Ray Wagner on.

Re Scott - I think his source probably told him the NY families disapprove of his podcast (probably true but doesnt matter one way or the other) Scott takes a little artistic license and says NY families are telling Merlino to stop (probably not true)

Last time I checked the live Q and A they haven't posted to Patreon, that is where I can see Merlino getting tripped up or saying something he shouldn't.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

MoLarryCurly wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:37 am
Cheech wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 6:03 am We heard this when he was posting stuff on instagram. We heard for years no one liked him.
Then it comes out Fat Andy loved him. And thats coming from his son.
Pennissi who u guys love said he was able to get a table at peter lugers because lenny dimaria was able to get it for him.
He was at patsy parrellos christmas party and was close with rooster an acting westside capo.
He murdered and had friends murdered for CN. His dad was the underboss to scarfo. He did half his life in jail. Step down? I cant see it. This podcast thing has been in the works for a few years. Its not out of the blue.

Table at Peter Lugers? lol anyone can get a table when they tell you there booked or there’s a hour wait you tell the guy come I’ll take care of you and shake his hand with 40$.
whatever you say. just saying what Pennissi said in a video.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Kash
Straightened out

Post by Kash »

Cheech wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 5:35 pm
Mvguy818 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:17 pm I guess now that Ganster Report reports it nobody has shit to say but before nobody tells Joey what to do ????
The guy just put out a rat of the month video today and gave out picks for the super bowl…maybe he didnt get the memo or maybe he dont give a fuck
I love how the podcasters are saying Joey is in trouble with NY like he gives a shit what ny thinks. If he didn’t give a shit when NY put in stanfa and went to war, & won, why does anyone think he gives a shit today?
"He killed 16 Czechoslovakians. Guy was an interior decorator."

"Really? His house looked like shit."
Tasker
Honorary Member

Post by Tasker »

Kash wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm
Mvguy818 wrote: Thu Feb 08, 2024 1:17 pm I guess now that Ganster Report reports it nobody has shit to say but before nobody tells Joey what to do ????
The guy just put out a rat of the month video today and gave out picks for the super bowl…maybe he didnt get the memo or maybe he dont give a fuck
I love how the podcasters are saying Joey is in trouble with NY like he gives a shit what ny thinks. If he didn’t give a shit when NY put in stanfa and went to war, & won, why does anyone think he gives a shit today?
Yeah I don’t think he cares. I dont think anything will be done about it either.

Alite/Gene were debating this and I have to agree with John’s take on the situation:
https://youtu.be/1Elxh9LUfvg
pkmafiaboss
Prospect

Post by pkmafiaboss »

Mvguy818 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:15 am Rumor is that Joey not the boss anymore ??? Makes sense with podcast
Forget about him being the boss or not, no one from the life (maybe besides his inner circle of friends) will ever associate with him again, he is making a mockery of the life by being on youtube
JeremyTheJew
Full Patched

Post by JeremyTheJew »

moneyman wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 11:16 am The Rubeo wiretaps he played on his last podcast was interesting.. you hear Rubeo talking about how much his book deal is potentially worth, how Inzerillo the FBI agent is running his own scams.. that case was weird from the jump

My two cents on Nadu is that he didn't know a lot about LCN history prior to starting his show.. and is learning more as he goes on (same w OC Shortz, Lee Cole etc) Nadu is def trying to be involved with Joey in some way - it's been said Merlino won't be involved with Nadu because Nadu has informants on his show, although Nadu had Ray Wagner on.

Re Scott - I think his source probably told him the NY families disapprove of his podcast (probably true but doesnt matter one way or the other) Scott takes a little artistic license and says NY families are telling Merlino to stop (probably not true)

Last time I checked the live Q and A they haven't posted to Patreon, that is where I can see Merlino getting tripped up or saying something he shouldn't.
Is the Rubeo tapes only on there Patreon ?

Would love a transcript

This was the “LCN ENTERPRISE” tapes if i remember correctly??? Also had the fbi agent that I still haven’t heard anything about what he’s experienced….
HANG IT UP NICKY. ITS TIME TO GO HOME.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Kash wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 9:20 pm
New York stopped recognizing Stanfa and Natale reached out to his NYC contacts to confirm this before they made their move against Stanfa. The politics were much more complex than Natale/Merlino simply trying to unseat Stanfa and NYC's decision not to recognize Stanfa helped open the door for them to make a move.
Ivan
Full Patched

Post by Ivan »

B. wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:48 pm New York stopped recognizing Stanfa and Natale reached out to his NYC contacts to confirm this before they made their move against Stanfa. The politics were much more complex than Natale/Merlino simply trying to unseat Stanfa and NYC's decision not to recognize Stanfa helped open the door for them to make a move.
As entertaining as The Goodfella Tapes is, I kind of wish we had a book (or whatever) narrative account that took the events of that era a little more seriously. The serious politics etc. of it beyond just the gang-that-couldn't-shoot-straight comedy narrative.

I didn't even know they stopped recognizing him. When and how did this happen?
Instagram-loving wiseguy of the blood-drenched Boardwalk Syndicate
gohnjotti
Full Patched

Post by gohnjotti »

Mvguy818 wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:17 am
Sittite wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 9:13 pm “I know exactly what I’m talking about“
Translation- “I’ll know it when I see or hear it”
I know it because I’m from the streets… where are you from ? Believe what you want. No matter what year it is there are rules to be followed. I’m sure you’re friendly with all the rats out there go ask them what they think if you don’t believe what I say. Also read all the other comments on here saying the same thing. But forget it SOL know everything….
I would assume Mvguy818 is right in that there are many, many mobsters, particularly in New York, that badmouth Joey behind his back or to their peers regarding his podcast. It's still supposed to be a secret society. Even if Joey isn't being directly incriminating, it still comes across as vain & attention-seeking, and a disgrace to what La Cosa Nostra is supposed to be. Remember, people were calling Carmine Persico a rat for representing himself in the Commission Case and tacitly acknowledging the Mafia's existence.

I would imagine it would be more taboo for a mobster to openly defend Merlino and say "Oh yeah, that YouTube shit is pretty cool," instead of "Fuck that, you're not supposed to discuss this thing ever!"

That doesn't translate to Merlino getting zero respect on the streets. There will always be people in Philly kissing his ass. But I would imagine that, in New York Mafia social circles, people are more hesitant with getting involved with Merlino and I don't think you'll find anyone who condones what he's doing.
I don't know dick about dick.

http://thecolombomafia.com
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Ivan wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 2:13 pm
B. wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 12:48 pm New York stopped recognizing Stanfa and Natale reached out to his NYC contacts to confirm this before they made their move against Stanfa. The politics were much more complex than Natale/Merlino simply trying to unseat Stanfa and NYC's decision not to recognize Stanfa helped open the door for them to make a move.
I didn't even know they stopped recognizing him. When and how did this happen?
+1
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

DiLeonardo said Gotti sent word from prison not to recognize Stanfa or the Philly Family based on who he was making, etc. The story is that Stanfa was basically installed by the Gambino Family but I can't recall offhand if there's any evidence Stanfa was ever officially recognized by them in the beginning -- if there is, it was temporary. We know Stanfa was a close friend of the Sicilian Gambino brothers and it's believed they may have supported him as boss which is certainly possible as the Gambino brothers had reportedly pushed Reds Pontani to run the Family earlier on and they were even closer to Stanfa. I also suspect the Gambino brothers may have been the unspecified NYC members who Long John Martorano said he was allied with when he was plotting a takeover before his appeal, as they had a close relationship in NJ, also saying this NYC group was going to make his son.

The Gambino brothers however were taken off the streets in the early 90s and fell out of favor, Gotti even demoting John Gambino as punishment. Even if the Gambino brothers supported Stanfa I'm not sure that translated to the Gambino Family itself supporting him. We know when Tommy Gambino met with Stanfa he said there was nothing he could do to help him. Eventually the Corozzo faction was able to get the Philly Family recognized again sometime after Natale/Merlino took over and it's probably no coincidence there was later intermarriage between the Merlino faction and the Corozzos and the Stefanelli tape showing the Corozzo/Canarsie guys were already friends with Philly members and hung out at other social events.

Natale said as of 1992 "New York" wasn't recognizing Stanfa or the rest of Philly which is one reason he discouraged Merlino and Ciancaglini from trying to get made under Stanfa. He also said he tried to reach out to Vic Amuso to see if Gotti truly did install Stanfa as boss and asked that Amuso send a message back to him via the Zappolas, this being a factor in Natale's plot. We know the Lucchese Family still refused to recognize the Merlino admin as of 2010 based on the Stefanelli tapes and Pennisi confirmed this continued while he was a member. While Lucchese guys ignored the rule and still hung out with Philly guys, I don't think we've received any confirmation that the Family as a whole decided to recognize him after Pennisi's time even though by then the Gambinos and Genovese did.

That's one of the issues with this "what does New York think of 'Joey' doing a podcast?" stuff. It's always been complicated politically.
chin_gigante
Full Patched

Post by chin_gigante »

B. wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2024 3:36 pm That's one of the issues with this "what does New York think of 'Joey' doing a podcast?" stuff. It's always been complicated politically.
Agree with this. The Natale/Merlino faction's political connections to other families are often overlooked because they don't fit clearly with the established image of them as renegades who took over the family. The Genovese family approved Natale becoming boss in 1994. Peter Caprio explicitly testified that part of the reason why the Genovese family (it appears only briefly) stopped recognising Philadelphia around 2000 was because they had put Natale in as boss and he embarrassed them when he flipped.

Caprio's testimony is significant anyway in this regard as he confirms that he was used to pass messages back and forth between Natale/Merlino and the Genovese family. Larry Ricci would give the messages to Beeps Centorino, and Caprio would then take them down to Philadelphia. Caprio again explained this as the Genovese family having ultimate approval over important Philadelphia matters. There were of course instances where Merlino ignored this, like when he made the members in Boston, but he still recognised the arrangement (Merlino told Caprio to ask the Genovese family for permission to make the Boston crew, the Genovese family said no, Merlino made them anyway).

Despite tensions almost leading to the entire administration being killed in 2000, this arrangement with the Genovese family was resumed at some later date. The FBI believed during the 2010s that Merlino still ultimately answered to the Genovese family. The Genovese family clearly recognised him, and he interracted fairly frequently with several captains including Eugene O'Nofrio (acting for Conrad Ianniello), Pasquale Parrello, and Daniel Pagano (who was also identified by Rubeo as a street boss at the time).
'You don't go crucifying people outside a church; not on Good Friday.'
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

Skinny’s relationships were built in jail.
Pennissi reported they were looking for a table at peter lugers and he made a call to lenny dimaria.
Anthony Ruggiano reports that his father loved him and even went to philly and did some business with him.
Older guys but Gambinos nonetheless
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny