Burnstein video reporting Gambino-Colombo beef

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Cheech
Full Patched

Re: Burnstein video reporting Gambino-Colombo beef

Post by Cheech »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:36 am Scott is lost when it comes to the NY mob scene. I'm really not trying to bash the guy just giving my honest opinion based on things I've seen him report since he took his website behind a paywall. Certain details he's off on and he seems to exaggerates a lot for example reporting that John Campanella is Nicholas Calisi's liaison to the other families. He got that from the Campanella sentencing memo. It's all based on the fact that Ralph Balsamo wanted to introduce Campanella officially to Ernie Aiello and had to get permission from Calisi to make the introduction. It doesn't make him a liaison, both Campanella and Aiello are Bronx guys they probably know each other going years back. He just exaggerated the whole thing to make it a better story.
Well put. 100% agree
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

AntComello wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:12 am Is this Scotto kid the son of Rosanna Scotto? The news anchor.
I believe they are related ... but no not her son.( I think like distant cousins or something but don’t hold Me to it )
Mikeymike12
Straightened out

Post by Mikeymike12 »

JohnnyS wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:36 am Scott is lost when it comes to the NY mob scene. I'm really not trying to bash the guy just giving my honest opinion based on things I've seen him report since he took his website behind a paywall. Certain details he's off on and he seems to exaggerates a lot for example reporting that John Campanella is Nicholas Calisi's liaison to the other families. He got that from the Campanella sentencing memo. It's all based on the fact that Ralph Balsamo wanted to introduce Campanella officially to Ernie Aiello and had to get permission from Calisi to make the introduction. It doesn't make him a liaison, both Campanella and Aiello are Bronx guys they probably know each other going years back. He just exaggerated the whole thing to make it a better story.
Scott’s reporting is questionable at times. I think he is branching out too much. He can’t have his Pulse on everything.
JohnnyS
Full Patched

Post by JohnnyS »

Scott claims the assault on Michael Scotto in 2017 was ordered by Robert Donofrio.

Gangland article on the assault.

Violent Mob Enforcer Suffers Brutal Baseball Bat Beating
Michael Scotto, an enforcer for powerful Gambino capo Daniel Marino who bragged in the past about doling out his own brutal violence, was attacked and severely beaten by baseball bat-wielding assailants last month in a quiet residential section of Staten Island, Gang Land has learned.

The attack took place around 5PM on May 19, one of the hottest days of the year, as Scotto, 31, was leaving a nearby home and was walking towards his parked car on Falcon Avenue in the Oakwood section. At least two men wearing ski masks assaulted him from behind, striking him in the head, neck and back, police sources said. The attackers then smashed him in the face after he went down, the sources said.

"They really did a number on him, may have caused some permanent eye damage," said one neighborhood source.

Police sources said a woman whose windows were open heard Scotto yelling for help and called 911. Cops from the nearby 122d Precinct responded within minutes. But his assailants had fled. Battered and bleeding, Scotto was taken to a local hospital where he was treated and kept overnight.

It's unclear who Scotto was visiting before the assault. Police sources say he told cops he did not recognize his assailants or know why they had assaulted him. He could not be reached by Gang Land. His former attorney said he hadn't spoken to Scotto since his release from prison in 2014 and had not heard about the beating.

Scotto, a nephew of Gambino soldier William (Big Billy) Scotto, was indicted on racketeering charges along with Marino and 12 others in 2010. He copped a plea deal to extortion and gambling charges and served three years in prison.

While working for Marino, who copped a plea deal and was sentenced to five years, Scotto helped recruit bettors and loanshark customers. He also served as a collector and a violent enforcer, according to court papers in the case.

In June of 2009, Scotto was caught boasting in a tape-recorded conversation with his cohorts about how he doled out a brutal beating in the woods to one delinquent borrower in order to get the $10,000 debt his victim owed the mob.

"I really beat the shit out of (the victim,)" he told his cohorts on June 16, 2009. "Put it this way — all the fucking beatings we gave that kid this week, picture all of that combined by triple," Scotto said. Scotto said he had used rocks to beat his victim and inflicted so much damage he thought he had "killed him," according to the government's sentencing memo.

"I haven't attacked somebody like that in a while," he said. "He wasn't moving. I dragged him out of the woods by his fucking shoes, bouncing his head off things that were like tree stumps and shit."
BensonhurstGuy
Honorary Member

Post by BensonhurstGuy »

Mikeymike12 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 am
AntComello wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 5:12 am Is this Scotto kid the son of Rosanna Scotto? The news anchor.
I believe they are related ... but no not her son.( I think like distant cousins or something but don’t hold Me to it )
They are not related at all. Billy is mike’s dad (anthony) brother who passed away. They were originally from Bensonhurs border gravesend area.
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

BensonhurstGuy wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 9:46 am
Mikeymike12 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 12:02 am
They are not related at all. Billy is mike’s dad (anthony) brother who passed away. They were originally from Bensonhurs border gravesend area.
If they really aren't related, that's just a ridiculous assumption by Burnstein. Not good journalism there.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:15 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:53 pm
Ivan wrote: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:10 pm What's with all those pics of Jojo Corozzo hanging out with Gotti Sr., given that Little Nick didn't get along with Gotti? Seems odd.
Yeah they’re brothers but they’re also separate human beings. Nicky stayed in Canarsie, Jojo stayed in City Line/Queens. Jojo was close with Gotti, Nicky was the opposite. Simple as that.

Nicky and John Sr rivalry if you want to call it that went all the way back to when they were young. They’re the same age and bumped heads with their street crews in the early days.
Thanks for the info. 8-)
yeah, good stuff . its a little weird. great explanation
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

I'm amazed Cammarano hasn't been clipped yet, all those hit teams roaming the streets n all.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

SonnyBlackstein wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 11:19 am I'm amazed Cammarano hasn't been clipped yet, all those hit teams roaming the streets n all.
He shows one hair on his ass, he's dead.
All roads lead to New York.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

NOT related 100 percent (Billy Scotto)
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
aray22
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by aray22 »

CornerBoy wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 5:44 am NOT related 100 percent (Billy Scotto)
So not only is he not related to Anthony Scotto, he's not related to Billy either? Yikes Burnstein.
Teflon Dom
Straightened out

Post by Teflon Dom »

Then why don't you have your own website since you obviously have the scoop?
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Johnny's one of the best contributors here. This is his site.
Pogo The Clown
Men Of Mayhem

Post by Pogo The Clown »

Teflon Dom wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 7:18 pm
Then why don't you have your own website since you obviously have the scoop?

Fuggetaboutit should have his own site.

Pogo
It's a new morning in America... fresh, vital. The old cynicism is gone. We have faith in our leaders. We're optimistic as to what becomes of it all. It really boils down to our ability to accept. We don't need pessimism. There are no limits.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

B. wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 8:43 pm Johnny's one of the best contributors here. This is his site.
1000%