Philly 2016 Chart

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Dwalin2014
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: Philly 2016 Chart

Post by Dwalin2014 »

Chris Christie wrote: Stanfa's other choices in Previte (ex cop) and Veasey (not Ital on his father's side) as well as Martines and Pagano would not be considered ideal choices. I include the two latter because Stanfa barely knew them and they were elevated instantly. He was either foolish or the pickings were very slim.
By the way, is it true he picked Raymond Esposito who was blind on one eye and had bad sight on the other as the triggerman for the Mario Riccobene hit? This choice makes even less sense, it sounds like a joke.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Chris Christie wrote:Chester is in Delaware County where Borgesi had people under him. I'm not saying there is any direct continuity just like there isn't any between Scafidi and Staino. But certain areas continue to have diminished activity.

Stanfa's Sicilianismo was, from what I can tell, a literary narration on GA's part to contrast him with Merlino. Guy was in the US for 20+ years and those alleged "Sicilian links" never came to fruition after it was speculated that Sicilians would play a larger part. That never happened. Stanfa's zips were other Italian expatriates (Calabrian) in the Philly area who wanted to link up. Stanfa's other choices in Previte (ex cop) and Veasey (not Ital on his father's side) as well as Martines and Pagano would not be considered ideal choices. I include the two latter because Stanfa barely knew them and they were elevated instantly. He was either foolish or the pickings were very slim.
Very good point on Delaware Co.

I don't think Martines and Pagano were bad choices considering what he had to pick from. They had at least been around the mob for many years. Promoting those guys to high-ranking positions was a bad move, though.

Luigi Tripodi was Calabrian, but weren't the younger Italians he picked up all Sicilians? Not sure on Battaglia, but pretty sure the other two were. Could be wrong.
Chucky
Full Patched

Post by Chucky »

Chris Christie wrote:
Chucky wrote:CC, that guy you have photoed as James Ranieri is Anthony Girlardi
Do we have one of Ranieri and show Girlardi be on there?/quote]

I couldn't find any pictures of the Ranieri brothers, maybe someone else here does? And yeah I would include Girlardi he's been around a long time, SJ guy.
Just smile and blow me - Mel Gibson
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

Updated. Ranieri, Emma, Girlardi, Vetere, Narducci fixed.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I think the Battaglia kid and Rosario Bellocchi (sp) were Sicilian. In fact, I'm almost certain Bellocchi was Sicilian and was a Sicilian transplant. And there's wiretap of Stanfa having a phone convo with Tommaso Gambino, I believe the one who was the son of one of the Cherry Hill Gambinos and he's talking about aiding Stanfa and importing some Sicilian hitters for him to aide him against Merlino. About 2 weeks and two phone convos later, Gambino basically gave him lip service and said things were too hot right now and told Stanfa to basically go to Sicily and get his hitters himself, lol. In which Stanfa replied that hes too well known by the Italian authorities and that it would be too much of a risk.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:
Dwalin2014 wrote:Great chart, good work! But Steve Mazzone in this specific photo kind of looks like the main guy from the horror film "Shining" in one of the final scenes by his face expression :)
Jack Nicholson? Lol

thats a pill face stevie got on
and like that...he was gone
SonnyBlackstein
Filthy Few

Post by SonnyBlackstein »

Seriously impressive chart.

You losers have way too much time on your hands ;)

Genuine thanks to all who contributed.

If people are keen, have the skills and the time it'd be amazing to see a photo chart of each of the five families.
Don't give me your f***ing Manson lamps.
Angelo Santino
Filthy Few

Post by Angelo Santino »

SonnyBlackstein wrote:Seriously impressive chart.

If people are keen, have the skills and the time it'd be amazing to see a photo chart of each of the five families.
I created it at work so at least I was being paid. It didn't take long to make, if anything the gathering of info and photos takes considerably longer.
Meatball
Straightened out

Post by Meatball »

Chris Christie wrote:
SonnyBlackstein wrote:Seriously impressive chart.

I created it at work so at least I was being paid. It didn't take long to make, if anything the gathering of info and photos takes considerably longer.
Governor, what design app do you use?
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

I just realized why some of you guys call him Governor. :lol:
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Wow, thats freaking sweet. This chart is a gem, thanks. Nice look at Philly during the Scarfo era. Forgot about Colletti being apart of the Riccobene crew, I think that was mentioned in The Goodfella Tapes as well.

What do you guys think about this? Scott used to have some good articles, but this, ehh idk about. And many of his articles about Philly and being on the verge of a "war" have yet to come into fruition. I think many people cite his book with Leonetti as reason to believe most of his Philly stuff...

http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-ge ... t-of-town/
Wiseguy
Filthy Few

Post by Wiseguy »

OlBlueEyesClub wrote:Wow, thats freaking sweet. This chart is a gem, thanks. Nice look at Philly during the Scarfo era. Forgot about Colletti being apart of the Riccobene crew, I think that was mentioned in The Goodfella Tapes as well.

What do you guys think about this? Scott used to have some good articles, but this, ehh idk about. And many of his articles about Philly and being on the verge of a "war" have yet to come into fruition. I think many people cite his book with Leonetti as reason to believe most of his Philly stuff...

http://gangsterreport.com/gr-sources-ge ... t-of-town/
I think the Leonetti one is Scott's best book but I still take what he reports about present day Philadelphia with a grain of salt. What Leonetti talked about that happened 30 years ago and today are obviously two different things.
All roads lead to New York.
OlBlueEyesClub
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by OlBlueEyesClub »

Yeah, I agree with that. I'm also interested to know what family or "subset" he'd be referring to coming out of Missouri and having relations with Philly. I haven't heard of an Italian Mafia presence in Missouri in just about forever.
DPG
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by DPG »

He makes a living off that grain of salt I would love that.
I get it....first rule of fight club.