jackie nose passes

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Little_Al1991
Sergeant Of Arms

Re: jackie nose passes

Post by Little_Al1991 »

D’Amico was the Acting Boss at one point. He knew Cali and Cefalu. He was more than just a Gotti loyalist but I wonder how he got his start? What also made Gotti so likeable to him? Mikey Scars sometimes gives us an insight as to why that is with his descriptions about Gotti, which are quite different then what Gravano says
Costigan
Straightened out

Post by Costigan »

CornerBoy wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:45 am

he was old, that's what happens.

That's got to be one of the most profound things I've ever read on this board...
To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize
Browniety86
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by Browniety86 »

Little_Al1991 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:38 pm D’Amico was the Acting Boss at one point. He knew Cali and Cefalu. He was more than just a Gotti loyalist but I wonder how he got his start? What also made Gotti so likeable to him? Mikey Scars sometimes gives us an insight as to why that is with his descriptions about Gotti, which are quite different then what Gravano says
Him and John were both degenerate gamblers...two birds if a feather
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

https://youtu.be/YkDO8gHVE98?si=lKQGYPdydnB5GdCB

This was posted when it first came out but with D’Amico passing I figure it’s worth posting again for anyone who may have missed it first time around.
Southshore88
Straightened out

Post by Southshore88 »

johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:33 pm https://youtu.be/YkDO8gHVE98?si=lKQGYPdydnB5GdCB

This was posted when it first came out but with D’Amico passing I figure it’s worth posting again for anyone who may have missed it first time around.
Thanks for posting Johnny, will check it out! I think D’Amico is one of the more interesting Gambino members over the past 40+ years. Do you remember when he was made? I can’t remember where, maybe from JD’s blog that he was originally under Olympia Garofalo as his sponsor/captain. That would have him as a Manhattan based member. Obviously it’s well known that he was a gambling buddy of Gotti but he had quite an interesting journey as a member starting under the heavily Sicilian crew to becoming tight with Gotti then running another heavily Sicilian crew out of 18th street/Bensonhurst while becoming acting boss for a stint. All while avoiding any major prison time too.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

he never got pinched bc he never did anyything illegal aside from a little toot in a bathroom stall

originally yrom 11 and 1st area
Q: What doesn't work when it's fixed?
A: A jury!
Pmac2
Full Patched

Post by Pmac2 »

He ran the Sicilian faction of the Gambino threw out the 90tys into the 00s. He had alot of money coming in. He didn't make it thw soldiers and associates did. That's a pretty good stretch
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

really? who was kicking up to him?

dont worry, the Govt knows everything anyway and he's dead lol

Bath is going to turn into kensington in philly soon, Everyone in that area is a junkbox

TonyD.- you served for 12 yrs. wow, god bless you. My best friend is a former Ranger and he says he hates when ppl thank him for his service. but thank you for the sacrifice. What was your job? Take care
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Southshore88 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:11 pm
johnny_scootch wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 6:33 pm https://youtu.be/YkDO8gHVE98?si=lKQGYPdydnB5GdCB

Thanks for posting Johnny, will check it out! I think D’Amico is one of the more interesting Gambino members over the past 40+ years. Do you remember when he was made? I can’t remember where, maybe from JD’s blog that he was originally under Olympia Garofalo as his sponsor/captain. That would have him as a Manhattan based member. Obviously it’s well known that he was a gambling buddy of Gotti but he had quite an interesting journey as a member starting under the heavily Sicilian crew to becoming tight with Gotti then running another heavily Sicilian crew out of 18th street/Bensonhurst while becoming acting boss for a stint. All while avoiding any major prison time too.
I dont recall, but Scars relates a story Damico used to tell about hanging with Charlie Dongarra when he was a captain...so he was an associate by the early 60s at least.
B.
Men Of Mayhem

Post by B. »

Yeah, D'Amico and Lilo Garofalo were both based in Manhattan and hung out at DeRobertis bakery along with members of the Dongarra crew.
johnny_scootch
Full Patched

Post by johnny_scootch »

Southshore88 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:11 pm I can’t remember where, maybe from JD’s blog that he was originally under Olympia Garofalo as his sponsor/captain. That would have him as a Manhattan based member.
Yeah, JD has Olympio Garofalo sponsoring both Jackie D'Amico and Mickey Paradiso in the late 70's.

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:17 am he never got pinched bc he never did anyything illegal aside from a little toot in a bathroom stall
He was imprisoned from 99-01 for loansharking and racketeering, then he was arrested in Feb 08 during Operation Old Bridge and eventually sentenced to 2 years but while he was in jail he got charged with arranging the Fred Weiss murder to which he pled guilty to a lesser charge, eventually getting out of jail in 2012. Those are just the arrests from this century he did some time for extortion back in the 70's also.
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i stand corrercted. thanks

although its comparitively speaking he did a few short bids
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

johnny_scootch wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:36 pm
Southshore88 wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 11:11 pm I can’t remember where, maybe from JD’s blog that he was originally under Olympia Garofalo as his sponsor/captain. That would have him as a Manhattan based member.
Yeah, JD has Olympio Garofalo sponsoring both Jackie D'Amico and Mickey Paradiso in the late 70's.

CornerBoy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:17 am he never got pinched bc he never did anyything illegal aside from a little toot in a bathroom stall
He was imprisoned from 99-01 for loansharking and racketeering, then he was arrested in Feb 08 during Operation Old Bridge and eventually sentenced to 2 years but while he was in jail he got charged with arranging the Fred Weiss murder to which he pled guilty to a lesser charge, eventually getting out of jail in 2012. Those are just the arrests from this century he did some time for extortion back in the 70's also.
This is correct. In his latest video Scars says he was sponsored by lilo in the "second or third batch after the books reopened".
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

B. wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 5:10 pm Yeah, D'Amico and Lilo Garofalo were both based in Manhattan and hung out at DeRobertis bakery along with members of the Dongarra crew.
DeRobertis has been closed for what? 6 years?

Great Coffee, mediocre cannoli (soggy, just sat there for hrs) think they stuffed em fresh for nicky the blonde? and sfogliatella good

Venieros has the worst cannoli in the city and saw it was rated best somewhere----ill try and recall but their cakes are pretty good
CornerBoy
Full Patched

Post by CornerBoy »

i had no idea he ran 18th ave zips