Joey Merlino is back in town

Discuss all mafia families in the U.S., Canada, Italy, and everywhere else in the world.

Moderator: Capos

Tasker
Honorary Member

Re: Joey Merlino is back in town

Post by Tasker »

chin_gigante wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:41 am He's taking the podcast behind a patreon paywall now
I enjoy the episodes but not enough to pay for them. I’m not surprised they’re going this route but I am surprised how early they’re doing it. Only 15 or so episodes in. I would think it would need more time to build an audience. But maybe they have the numbers already.
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Tasker wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 10:02 am
chin_gigante wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 12:41 am He's taking the podcast behind a patreon paywall now
I enjoy the episodes but not enough to pay for them. I’m not surprised they’re going this route but I am surprised how early they’re doing it. Only 15 or so episodes in. I would think it would need more time to build an audience. But maybe they have the numbers already.
Not interested in the gambling aspect and he can only say so much about the life, definitely not worth paying for.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

I subscribed - for now - as I do enjoy most of the content - for now.
Shellackhead
Full Patched

Post by Shellackhead »

This man moved to Patreon. I’m not about to pay 15$ a month for the 5 minutes he talks about the life.
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

outfit guy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:41 pm I subscribed - for now - as I do enjoy most of the content - for now.
Let us know if there is anything decent. You are our inside guy now.
outfit guy
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by outfit guy »

Blunts wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:25 pm
outfit guy wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 1:41 pm I subscribed - for now - as I do enjoy most of the content - for now.
Let us know if there is anything decent. You are our inside guy now.
[will do]
funkster
Full Patched

Post by funkster »

Shellackhead wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 3:00 pm This man moved to Patreon. I’m not about to pay 15$ a month for the 5 minutes he talks about the life.
lol pretty much.
Cheech
Full Patched

Post by Cheech »

I signed up. Its a sitting boss doing videos. Fascinating.

I switch from that and Angelo Lutzs cooking show with Marnie Hall.
I'll race you around the corner for fuckin $400 - the skinny
Tasker
Honorary Member

Post by Tasker »

Are they already putting content on the patreon? That was quick
Joeyboy1982
Straightened out

Post by Joeyboy1982 »

bluehouse wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:06 am his podcast has gone to shit he really destroyed his legacy for a amateurish level podcast for a few youtube dollars.Apperantly some guy who was in jail with him has his own podcast and says Merlino is broke and noone wants to do buisness with him because he never pays and fucks everyone over
Link?
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Not sure yet if I'd pay for this show. It's been great, honestly. Love the sports talk, love that there's a younger guy closer to me in age than Merlino definitely is, love some of the random neighborhood stories whether they are LCN related or not - but I'd like to try to start cutting down on shit I pay for monthly/weekly this year and not add to it. I didn't see/hear anything about the Patreon switch on the latest Youtube vid - I'm not on IG so if it was mentioned there, I definitely missed it.

The show has almost 50K subs and was able to build that over the course of one NFL season. That's pretty crazy. Plus any time Joey mentions something LCN related, it's generally the talk of every other lower rent LCN related show on Youtube, or even "higher rent" shows like Franzese - so why not just go straight to the "source" and hear Joey talk his shit and motherfuck people directly?

Maybe he will release Rubeo tapes and documents en masse like he had promised, in addition to docs on other rats. It'd be hilarious if they just got some $5/hour intern to scan and upload all of the discovery from every single one of Merlino's trials for the Patreon subs to pick through at will lol. That'd get this whole forum to sign up in a heartbeat...

Hearing Merlino talk about how he always gets blamed for everything is a little annoying and stale - but I guess it must be even more annoying for him lol. A lot of that is no fault of his own. Schratwiser and the Philly Journalists followed that little Merlino clique around for ages . Outside of the Ligambi trial coverage era, the whole Mob Talk Sitdown show was just updates on what members of the Merino crew were speculated to be doing or how much longer they'd be released from prison. Those journalists turned people like Martin Angelina into minor celebrities for christs sake...

I'd suspect someone like Merlino who feels they got fucked over by the federal justice system to be a little brighter and not not fall into partisan politics though - they'd be gunning for him no matter what shade of red or blue was in office. It's really not hard to figure out the type of candidate middle class South Philly as a whole would support, especially everyone in proximity to Merlno, so hopefully he shys away from poltiics and we don't have to hear anything about it. We have an election coming up unfortunately, and we need one more asshole political talking head in the world like we collectively need a 3rd nut
newera_212
Full Patched

Post by newera_212 »

Also what Merlino and the co-host do for Vets is highly commendable. That goes without saying and like another poster in this thread mentioned, anybody out there should respect that no matter what you feel for the guy.

But, did anyone else find that interview with the Marine, I dunno... funny at best, maybe out of pocket at worst? The guy was obviously a serious no nonsense guy and just got done talking about he was over there right out of the gate in 2003 and Merlino said to him about the WMDs and essentially that whole Operation Iraqi Freedom mission, more than once, "they tricked you fuckin' guys huh..."

I LOL'ed at that because it was kind of out of pocket. I know Joey is a ballbuster and a character but was that really necessary? That Marine obviously knows the war was propped up on a lie, misdirected, whatever (jesus...I haven't talked about the 'war' in like 18 years), does he really need to hear someone who makes a living gambling and stealing say "yeah, youse got tricked!" after he just got done talking about all the hardship he endured? lmao... also LOL at that guy talking about being close to that Roofing Union guy who was blown up to shreds, at the hands of essentially the organization Merlino is at the helm of . Not that Joey or even his father had anything to do with it, but I thought it was ironic and set the tone for the whole interview lol
Blunts
Straightened out

Post by Blunts »

If you sub to this show does that count as kicking up and being an earner? :lol: How long until you can get your button or is that a different membership tier? Payment confirmation email says "Hey Joey just got your envelope for the month, a little light isn't it? Don't let this happen again."
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

Joeyboy1982 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:38 pm
bluehouse wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 3:06 am his podcast has gone to shit he really destroyed his legacy for a amateurish level podcast for a few youtube dollars.Apperantly some guy who was in jail with him has his own podcast and says Merlino is broke and noone wants to do buisness with him because he never pays and fucks everyone over
Link?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTdEAInTmr8

i dont know exactly when but this is the video
bluehouse
Sergeant Of Arms

Post by bluehouse »

newera_212 wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 8:51 pm Also what Merlino and the co-host do for Vets is highly commendable. That goes without saying and like another poster in this thread mentioned, anybody out there should respect that no matter what you feel for the guy.
lets be real here noone gives a fuck about the vets or the kids people are watching joey in the hope he gives stories about his mob career